DHL. Mext Step: Clearance will proceed after receiving instructions from the importer - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > WallStreetBets > Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers > Shipping Talk

Shipping Talk General discussions on shipping, customs, tracking, USPS, UPS, FedEx, DHL, EMS, etc.

Old 09-05-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 20%
Exclamation DHL. Mext Step: Clearance will proceed after receiving instructions from the importer

Hi! Ford post in this forum for me. I’ve been waiting on a shipment coming from Netherlands into the US. It’s a kind of pricy pair of shoes (branded).
The las activity starts the LA Gateway reads “Clearance Event” with Further Detail reading: A DHL Representative will contact importer prior to clearance processing.
And Next Step reading:
Clearance will proceed after receiving instructions from the importer. Customer should contact DHL Customer Service if not reached by DHL.

I called DHL imports department and they told me that in this case the importer is the company where I bought the shoes from and they need to send additional information.
Was she correct? Can the shipper be the importer? To my understanding I would be the importer as I paid for the product but I’m new to this... could this be something related to the price of the shoes?
Can someone help me clarify this? I wouldn’t want the package to be sent back to the shipper because of a DHL rep telling me I just needed to wait.
Thanks in advance!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-15-2020
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%
Send a message via MSN to teedon Send a message via Skype™ to teedon
Default Re: DHL. Mext Step: Clearance will proceed after receiving instructions from the impo

never heard this before,hopefully someone come out to give a tips ,wish you good luck
Old 09-15-2020
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 18%
Longevity: 40%
Default Re: DHL. Mext Step: Clearance will proceed after receiving instructions from the impo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeroCas View Post
Hi! Ford post in this forum for me. I’ve been waiting on a shipment coming from Netherlands into the US. It’s a kind of pricy pair of shoes (branded).
The las activity starts the LA Gateway reads “Clearance Event” with Further Detail reading: A DHL Representative will contact importer prior to clearance processing.
And Next Step reading:
Clearance will proceed after receiving instructions from the importer. Customer should contact DHL Customer Service if not reached by DHL.

I called DHL imports department and they told me that in this case the importer is the company where I bought the shoes from and they need to send additional information.
Was she correct? Can the shipper be the importer? To my understanding I would be the importer as I paid for the product but I’m new to this... could this be something related to the price of the shoes?
Can someone help me clarify this? I wouldn’t want the package to be sent back to the shipper because of a DHL rep telling me I just needed to wait.
Thanks in advance!
That’s correct from what I gather your the importer not sure why the rep is stating the shipper is the importer never heard of that before as it’s a branded item the shipper may have to confirm further details in relation to this like for example authenticity of the item etc if I were you I’d get on the phone again and ask them what exactly they want to confirm from the shipper.
Old 09-15-2020

Thanked 1,104 Times in 1,040 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%

It sounds like they want to make sure these shoes are not knockoff?
and only the seller can prove otherwise