USPS ( Delivery Status not updated as of xx ) - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > WallStreetBets > Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers > Shipping Talk

Shipping Talk General discussions on shipping, customs, tracking, USPS, UPS, FedEx, DHL, EMS, etc.

Old 07-18-2011
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 77%
Default USPS ( Delivery Status not updated as of xx )

Quote:
Detailed Results:

Delivery status not updated as of July 05, 2011, 11:51 pm

I keep getting a lot of these lately both first class and priority ( small and big packages ). It misses the last scan it seems. I tried calling USPS regarding two of these, they said they'll take care of it each time, but nothing happened.

How do others handle this, when this happens to you? Buyer can claim for " not received ", even thou each time it happened buyers never contacted me or filed claims so I assume 99% it gets delivered.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-18-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

Really nothing you can do. I have lost many cases simple due to the USPS not scanning it in as "accepted". It doesnt get that scan and the scans after will not register.

They are too random. THey are supposed to scan them at all intervals but it isnt something they make employees do. Mainly manpower. They have laid off thousands of workers around the country. Locally they have only 40% of the manpower they had 5 yrs ago.

I always have people saying they didnt get something and my tracking number isnt good. Most of the time they get it later with nothing EVER on the tracking for it at all.

Thats another thing, If you contact the PO they do not guarantee tracking as its only delivery confirmation. Tracking steps in between are just a bonus for you as its really for the PO's traceability.
Old 07-18-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

I agree. I have the misfortune of having Chicago as my outbound sorting center. They scan packages only 50% of the time. Many times the first scan happens at the delivery sorting center.

I even had one package that made it to SPAIN all the way from the middle of the USA and it never got scanned EVEN ONCE! How is that even possible???

Still, I can't bring myself to bash the postal service. They have so many problems, to "pile on" so to speak would just be really distasteful.
Old 07-19-2011
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

So there is no way customer service or a USPS agent can manually override so that it shows " delivered " on the online tracking?

The thing is tracking shows all the way up to the destination, but misses the last scan, aka " successfully delivered ".

This happened about 6 times in the last 30 days, and I only sent out maybe 25-30 packages.
Old 07-19-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 11%
Longevity: 76%

I lose packages constantly with USPS, but using Media mail. It is the nature of the game with them and luckily I make enough money to cover their mistakes. They are the cheapest so I don't have any other options.

What you need to understand is that Delivery Confirmation is basically a bullsh*t program created by USPS to make customers feel more comfortable using their service and, as always, bring in extra revenue. The price continues to increase every year, or sometimes sooner.

What you don't know or don't read in their terms is that delivery confirmations guarantee nothing and you cannot hold USPS liable for anything in regards to errors with this poor excuse of a delivery confirmation system.

You need to come to terms with this and keep moving. Do not waste your time in trying to get them to help you with anything.

Last edited by unkown5454; 07-19-2011 at 12:53 AM.
Old 07-19-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercurial333 View Post
So there is no way customer service or a USPS agent can manually override so that it shows " delivered " on the online tracking?

The thing is tracking shows all the way up to the destination, but misses the last scan, aka " successfully delivered ".

This happened about 6 times in the last 30 days, and I only sent out maybe 25-30 packages.
They just tell you to call the post office at destination location. That gets you no where ever. I lose these cases all the time when this exact thing happens. I just hope the customer is trusting enough to say it arrived. which does usually happen. Just some you never hear from again.

Some people put bright yellow scan me decals all over their packges for this reason.

I have 2 international Priority shipments with customs form, etc. Nothing was scanned when I paid at the counter so there is no record of it being dropped off. The buyers want their money back and I have nothing to show them by way of proof that the PO really has it. All you can do is kiss their ass and make them happy. That way you can save your feedback and dsr's. All you can do even if they have it in hand.
Old 07-19-2011
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown5454 View Post
I lose packages constantly with USPS, but using Media mail. It is the nature of the game with them and luckily I make enough money to cover their mistakes. They are the cheapest so I don't have any other options.

What you need to understand is that Delivery Confirmation is basically a bullsh*t program created by USPS to make customers feel more comfortable using their service and, as always, bring in extra revenue. The price continues to increase every year, or sometimes sooner.

What you don't know or don't read in their terms is that delivery confirmations guarantee nothing and you cannot hold USPS liable for anything in regards to errors with this poor excuse of a delivery confirmation system.

You need to come to terms with this and keep moving. Do not waste your time in trying to get them to help you with anything.

I usually use Signature Confirmation with my items since they are over 250$. While tracking is not really important, proof of delivery is, aka on the online tracking number saying " Successfully Delivered on xx "

How about if you insure it for 500-1000$? Would you get the insurance money from them since it misses the last scan? Practically they have no evidence of it being delivered... or?
Old 07-19-2011

Longevity: 80%

you get what you pay for. Personally ive never had any issues with them. Cheap prices, fast shipping, my customers love it.
Old 07-21-2011
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

So does anybody have experience with insurance in cases like this?
Old 07-21-2011

Longevity: 74%

insurance will make no difference in the package being scanned.

Insurance is for lost packages, damaged goods, ETC.
Old 07-21-2011

Longevity: 75%

I guess it depends on your local post office. I have two in the area and I know for a fact one of them will always scan every package ( i know because I mailed about 40 items one day). I droppped 20-30 items to the other, they only scanned half. So i make sure i always use the same post office.
Old 07-21-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchrist430 View Post
I guess it depends on your local post office. I have two in the area and I know for a fact one of them will always scan every package ( i know because I mailed about 40 items one day). I droppped 20-30 items to the other, they only scanned half. So i make sure i always use the same post office.
Even then if they dont scan anything after that then you still have a pissed off customer that didnt get a package maybe. I have had plenty of times where I made sure they scanned them in and after that NOTHING.

Lost the case on those for sure. Paypal doesnt care if you prove you sent it. They want proof it was delivered.

Also in regards to the insured packages.. If they dont scan it in then you are NOT covered. Also been there. I have pretty much see all the USPS's BS over 13yrs now on ebay.
Old 07-22-2011
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Also in regards to the insured packages.. If they dont scan it in then you are NOT covered.
Isn't it their fault they didn't scan it?

Practically USPS has no evidence the packages was delivered if it misses the last scan. This should be covered under the insurance. Practically the package could be lost, stolen, or whatever.

I'm not sure why the the thread was derailed to "missing the acceptance scans". I'm talking about "delivery status not updated as of xx" issue, which is the last "scan" or whatever you want to call it.
Old 07-22-2011
Executive [VIP]

Your answer was posted in the 1st reply. The reason it got a little shifted is for YOU. We were talking about other post office "scan" related issues that come up.

That is what this forum is for, to help people out and give out information to help people like yourself. sorry that we gave you too much info.

To answer the last question again, sometimes they dont scan it at all which shows no proof you even took it to the Post office.
Old 07-22-2011
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Ok, lets see maybe somebody here actually insured a package and filed a claim when "delivery status not updated as of xx" happened to them.

Post your outcome here. Thanks.
Old 07-22-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercurial333 View Post
Ok, lets see maybe somebody here actually insured a package and filed a claim when "delivery status not updated as of xx" happened to them.

Post your outcome here. Thanks.
Pretty simple really that anyone could find on the PO website

All you can do is contact your PO and tell them you want to file a claim. They will make you wait for a while like 45days (what they did to me) then they do their investigation. You might finally get paid in a few months. Either way you will have to reimburse your customer and get the money from the USPS later since its not the buyers problem.
Old 07-22-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 87%

Unfortunatley, it has happened to me as well. Most of the time...no problem, but an occasional time or two the buyer will get your money and item. I will have to agree with KingRay! File a claim with your PO and allow them to do their investigation, and yes, it will be a timely manner, so be patient.
Old 07-22-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 87%

I have had a package Insured with Delivery Confirmation, the PO lost it, I filed a claim and lost the package and its contents and my money.
The only 'outcome' of this is that regardless of ANY delivery situation you can get the shaft. It may be a LOTTERY PICK, but someone has to win...right?
Personaly, I only use the USPS for me bubble mailers and the UPS for larger packages or more expensive items, BUT ALWAYS get Delivery Confirmation on small or large packages/boxes. It is worth the .75 cents!

Good Luck

waterproof
Old 07-22-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterproof View Post
I have had a package Insured with Delivery Confirmation, the PO lost it, I filed a claim and lost the package and its contents and my money.
The only 'outcome' of this is that regardless of ANY delivery situation you can get the shaft. It may be a LOTTERY PICK, but someone has to win...right?
Personaly, I only use the USPS for me bubble mailers and the UPS for larger packages or more expensive items, BUT ALWAYS get Delivery Confirmation on small or large packages/boxes. It is worth the .75 cents!

Good Luck

waterproof
Just to add in case someone new may not know. Delivery confirmation is FREE with priority mail and only .18 for 1st class and media mail.

Now that is if you print via paypal or ebay. Not sure about other services.
waterproof (10-20-2011)
Old 10-19-2011

Longevity: 72%

hello! i have the "delivery status not updated thing AND i DID insure my package. i see you were asking if anyone did this and i have. Now, i dont know the out come of this yet.... i shipped it on the 10-6-2011 via priority... the buyer still has not contacted me as to weather he has it or not.... i called the post office and they said to file a claim in two weeks if the package still has not arrived. ill kepp everyone updated! THanks for the info!