eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Shipping Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/shipping-talk/)
-   -   What does "Missent" mean at USPS? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/shipping-talk/36192-what-does-missent-mean-usps.html)

ben23 09-03-2011 02:18 AM

What does "Missent" mean at USPS?

Today I've got this strange status.

First-Class Mail International
Missent
September 02, 2011, 9:47 am
International Letter

Does it mean they sent it to the wrong address? Should I contact them?

Thank you.

KingRay 09-03-2011 09:52 PM

I have had this exact issue 3 times now in 13yrs. One time it was a customs issues where the forms came off the pkg and they had to try and locate where it was supposed to go.

One time it was due to the address just being incorrect since being from the US foreign addresses make no sense to me and I just didnt enter it correctly.

The last time was just a Post office error and got put on the wrong flight or truck and sent to the wrong PO.

Either way contact the buyer and see if they can find it at customs. If not just call the PO and ask them. More than likely it will work itself completely out in a few days and you will get it back at your location or to the buyer.

One time mine came back to me and I had to correct the address.

ben23 09-03-2011 10:57 PM

hi.
I am the buyer, bought the item from an US seller and it was meant to be delivered to my address in Israel.
Although the item shows as "International letter" as it should be, the status is now "Delivered" in Brooklyn, NY!
Does it mean final delivery?
Thank you.

ben23 09-04-2011 12:16 PM

Status is still "Delivered" and USPS customer service is closed...
The item was sent from Brooklyn, and also was delivered in Brooklyn, but at a different postal code so I don't think it was returned to the seller.
Does USPS take responsibility if they deliver it to the wrong address? - no insurance was applied for the package.
The package shows as International in their tracking so if it is international mail and it didn't even go out of the state, I think that would be a good proof?
I hope for some opinions about this. Thank you.

EGYfromhell 09-04-2011 12:40 PM

it's a good idea to call the shipping company

KingRay 09-04-2011 03:44 PM

I have actually had this happen as well. lol really. I guess I have pretty much everything happen with as many years as I have shipped.

I had one do this domestically in the US before. maybe the same thing, Not sure.

It said delivered in a completely different state and zip code as where I sent it. I called around and never got a reply from the PO. After a couple days it showed rerouted and inroute to the correct address. Never knew what really happened but it fixed itself.

Call the seller to confirm address and see what they say. they may just send you another one as it looks like their mistake on paper.

If it came down to a claim you would surely win if you explained it correctly as to it being delivered yes but not to me but with another location.

saadahmed786 09-04-2011 08:36 PM

The same thing has happened to me.

I dont think you should worry if the seller says he shipped the item. Brooklyn is probably where it was mailed from. What the post office does mistakingly does at times scans tracking codes as "delivered" rather than "acceptance" when scanning them

ben23 09-06-2011 07:36 AM

I called USPS.
They said the item was delivered and since it's first class mail there is nothing they can do about it.
Is it completely lost?

boszika 09-06-2011 11:47 AM

In that case the seller should go to the PO and claim the loss.
Calling the Brooklyn branch will accomplish absolutely nothing. Only going there will do something. Been there,done that.

KingRay 09-06-2011 08:56 PM

Correct, dont bother calling. Go there and talk to the local post master. They are basically the general managers of the PO's. Usually you can reason with them, especially if you are a regular mailer.

If its a smaller town then its super easy to get through to them.