eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Shipping Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/shipping-talk/)
-   -   Returning items to China (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/shipping-talk/45812-returning-items-china.html)

Konfuscius 05-01-2012 08:13 AM

Returning items to China

I picked up an order from a new seller that was of a considerably lower grade product than what I am used to. The pricing should have tipped me off, but meh, I guess I was looking for sellers that were undercutting my original supplier.

I have contacted the seller, and am up for a refund if I ship the items back. My question is, is this even going to be worth it on a couple hundred US dollar order?

I asked the guy twice what company to use for shipping.

His or her first response was "the post."

I reiterated the question and got the same exact message back with "THE POST" being capitalized. :rant:

The package is < 20lbs. Any ballpark figures on the return shipping price? And is "THE POST" just USPS?

oompaloompa 05-01-2012 12:21 PM

if you paid via paypal or card, threathen that, because they often pretend me no speaky English, if you ask for refund or return, either that or you get silence.

Up to you if it is financially worth returning, and if they play games and give you an address that does not exist or they do not sign for it somehow and you lose dispute.....

Gamefreak 05-01-2012 02:57 PM

Its rarely worth shipping stuff back to china as the shipping is EXPENSIVE no matter what company you use.

Burning 05-01-2012 03:23 PM

Even if you open a chargeback, the credit card company will tell you to first mail the item back to the seller. Most of the time it's not worth sending heavy items back due to the high shipping costs. You can expect to shell more money out than the value of the product itself. Profit margins are tight, not alot of money is made by these chinese middle men. In either case, make SURE you send the item WITH tracking. The supper will try to make you send the item without tracking, and will then claim he never received the product back.

FizzyFish 05-01-2012 11:18 PM

The following comments should not be read by anyone: :ballchain:

Er is it very unethical to suggest you fight fire with fire?

He sends you crap - you send him a box of belly button fluff (not too much, keep it light!) which he then signs for. Obviously you use a reputable courier company who will provide online confirmation of receipt and a signature. :deadhorse:

I think these unscrupulous buyers are effecting my scruples! :boink:

:nono:

Konfuscius 05-02-2012 03:34 AM

After reading the replies, I think its best to just chalk it up as a loss. Fortunately it wasn't some large order that is going to set me back. It seems like the hassle of shipping it back and actually getting a refund is worth less than the money spent.

taipeigg01 09-19-2012 03:25 AM

The best way is to talk to seller. I think you can get refund without returning easily if you are big enough. The shipping expense is too high to send back.

Ebayorbust 09-19-2012 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taipeigg01 (Post 377780)
The best way is to talk to seller. I think you can get refund without returning easily if you are big enough. The shipping expense is too high to send back.

Good advice but 4 months too late. :D