eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Shipping Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/shipping-talk/)
-   -   Los Angeles Customs (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/shipping-talk/47073-los-angeles-customs.html)

LiveNdieinLA 06-03-2012 03:02 AM

Los Angeles Customs

I've had packages seized by customs a few times for months now. I have never received a letter about these packages. I recently had another package seized and the supplier told me it is because customs probably wants me to pay taxes. These products are knock off of TV shows. Could he be right or is it lost hope. Also if anyone can point me to a better direction of what to buy and sell I would really appreciate it. I sell mainly on Amazon. I have been disabled for 2 years now and with Americas health care system I need to make some income for myself to live.

Gamefreak 06-03-2012 03:06 AM

He could be right if you never received a letter. I had this problem with sony items of mine I called DHL, paid they got my info and the next day I had my package and a few days later I got a bill for that stuff.

rsot 06-03-2012 07:13 AM

/quote

I have been disabled for 2 years now and with Americas health care system I need to make some income for myself to live.

Hope the best for you.

jeffweico 06-03-2012 07:48 PM

The items are more likely being seized as counterfiets. In the USA, taxes are generally not due if the value of the shipment is under $2,000. You can view more information about this at cbp.gov - the US Customs website.

I'm not saying that Gamefreak is wrong, but I have NEVER heard of customs holding counterfeits for taxes due since they are illegal in the first place.

I certainly wish you the best of luck, it cannot be easy being disabled, especially in today's political climate.

Gamefreak 06-03-2012 08:16 PM

I should note that that package was worth about 3k.. But I do get invoices from DHL every week for packages I import which 90% of them at worth less than 2k but hey if I can pay a few bucks to not get my packages not looked at by customs then its a done deal no questions ask.

MM78 06-03-2012 09:30 PM

@LiveNdieinLA, If these packages were sent through EMS to LAX, they are goners, that's usually a 70/30 chance of being confiscated. If your supplier would have sent your package through San Francisco you would have a 80% chance of getting through.

Unfortunately No one can tell you what to sell, finding an item to sell is difficult and we all understand how hard it is but were all in the same boat.

Best of Luck to you.

jamcocktail21 06-04-2012 01:11 AM

Yea it's very difficult to find your niche

Pm me about what to sell, i will give you some good information

Hope you will find something interesting

GreenBean 06-04-2012 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiveNdieinLA (Post 346948)
I've had packages seized by customs a few times for months now. I have never received a letter about these packages. I recently had another package seized and the supplier told me it is because customs probably wants me to pay taxes. These products are knock off of TV shows. Could he be right or is it lost hope. Also if anyone can point me to a better direction of what to buy and sell I would really appreciate it. I sell mainly on Amazon. I have been disabled for 2 years now and with Americas health care system I need to make some income for myself to live.

More than likely your goods are seized.

Supplier is telling fibs. Be wary of dealing with him again :nono:

Our usual replies for what to sell involve outlandish responses that only amuse us.

Have a think of what your own interests are & see if there's anything that might be suitable

Good Luck :yar: