Shipping Container to UK in's and out's??? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > WallStreetBets > Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers > Shipping Talk

Shipping Talk General discussions on shipping, customs, tracking, USPS, UPS, FedEx, DHL, EMS, etc.

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 68%
Default Shipping Container to UK in's and out's???

hi all,

found a whats looks to be a good supplier after months of searching! i'v never shipped a container from China to UK so wanting to know a little more if anyone can help? im not a registered business just sell on my personal accounts. iv been selling things from China for around 5+ years but iv used airmail everytime iv placed an order (quantity not large enough to need container etc) but the goods im interested in importing fills either a 20ft or 40ft container and want some advice / help on what to look out for when using container etc,

-customs

-shipping fee's

-taxes

-does the price that the supplier gives me for shipping include the container to be delivered to my address to be unloaded or is that just to the sea port then i have to arrange my own collection etc?

I know i probably sound like a noob but i will never know if i never ask!

any help will be greatly appreciated!

thanks,
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-04-2012

Longevity: 69%

I don't know much about containers but i can tell you that you, yourself have to buy a container which is pretty costly. A 20ft container itself costs around £1500 - £2500.
correct me if i'm wrong
Old 08-04-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

I'm not sure about UK but to ship to USA From any Country your going to need a Customs Broker to make sure your items are released when arriving to the country. There's paperwork involved and if not done correctly...it could take loooong time to get the merchandise.
Old 08-05-2012

Longevity: 73%

Quote:
does the price that the supplier gives me for shipping include the container to be delivered to my address to be unloaded or is that just to the sea port then i have to arrange my own collection etc?
Fairly certain it is just to the port. If you don't pick it up/get it delivered straight away they charge you for storage.

Tax is definitely a big headache - there are thousands of codes to choose from for your item. If you pick the wrong one you could end up losing profit by mistake.

Best idea, I would suggest, for your first time would be to use an agent. They will hold your hand from beginning to end. Then you should get an idea of what needs to be done. It may cost a bit more - but at least it will be done right.

Then you can come back here and tell us how it's done
The Following User Says Thank You to FizzyFish For This Useful Post:
paypalpains (09-06-2013)
Old 08-05-2012

Longevity: 67%

hey, we always have 40ft containers coming from Japan with nose cut cars, best is to have 2 separte invoives 1 for the tax and customs and vat charge and the other for your accounts, the 1st invoice will have to be low so you pay less tax and customs, we pay normally 5% off the total cost of the conatiner then vat which is 20% and then we use our agent called JCC shipping in Southampton, they sort all the documents, so you will pay them £80 and about £30 for documents, once the container is here the shipping company has its own trucks and they car deliver, they will wait for you and give you 3 hours to empty the container out at, which ever address you give them
The Following User Says Thank You to saki For This Useful Post:
paypalpains (09-06-2013)
Old 09-06-2013

Longevity: 83%

we pay normally 5% off the total cost of the conatiner then vat which is 20%

Hi, what is the 5% for ?

I am also looking to bring in container loads , however have no experience other than I need to give the uk agent the bill of laden that the overseas agent will send me.

Some sound advice from someone who deals with these things would be appreciated.
Closed Thread