eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Shipping Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/shipping-talk/)
-   -   I'm stuck - How can I ship this package? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/shipping-talk/58503-im-stuck-how-can-i-ship-package.html)

mcmx 04-02-2013 03:23 PM

I'm stuck - How am I supposed to ship this???

I have some items I'm going to be selling, that are basically the size of a tennis ball or baseball. This isn't very big, however they are fragile and expensive.

Canada Post's minimum dimensions are 9x6x0.1 inches for shipping with XPressPost USA. Those "minimum" dimensions are FAR too big for my small item! *The 0.1 inch is the minimum height, which aplies if you're sending a letter or something. I'd need at least 3 inches in height to send my item. It's the length & width that's far too big*

I don't want to use their dumb little "small packet" shipping method instead, because it doesn't have tracking, is slow, and this is a pretty expensive item that I want to ship with XPressPost (tracking, insurance, FAST).

If I were to use a box that met their "minimum" , I'd have to stuff a ton of bubble wrap and stuff to prevent the item from moving around while being shipped. But that adds to the weight which adds even more to the overall price!

I've currently got a box that is 6x5x4 inches. It's still sort of big for the item I want to send, but it's manageable. Also, it IS indeed below their ridiculous "minimum" dimensions and it would also require me to wrap the shipping label around the side of the box a bit. (Which can be done very neatly) - Should I ship it in this box anyway?

Once again I'm frustrated as hell with Canada Post

MM78 04-02-2013 05:52 PM

I don't think bubble wrap weights that much my friend, plus if your item is fragile...you should make sure it's well protected...god knows the mail hardly cares about our packages, if any at all.

Let me ask you, What is the cost of the item to you, and what are u selling it for? If the cost is more than half the cost of what your selling it for then you really should make sure it's well protected.

Also, last thing you need is a negative, or having to refund the customer their shipping cost back to you, that can get expensive.

Sandy D 04-09-2013 01:41 AM

I sometimes oversize a box on purpose but use plenty of bubbles wrap instead of peanuts because I want to fill the edges up and not take it to the next level with the weight.

Test and weigh different boxes and see how you end up.

For me if the price is just a few more here and there I always go with the safer box.