package handed over to customs...what does this mean? - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > Account Topics > Shipping Talk

Shipping Talk General discussions on shipping, customs, tracking, USPS, UPS, FedEx, DHL, EMS, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #23  
Old 05-15-2013
BigCJ's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,790
Thanks: 1,192
Thanked 1,019 Times in 708 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 66%
iTrader: (6)
Default

wasn't for a buyer at all.
It was for me (Sketchbooks)

It just said that it went to the wrong HUB and that it was rerouted back to New york.

It got to my local DHL HUB then mexican customs called it back and took it.
__________________
NEW account verification services! Please Inquire with a PM!
Reply With Quote
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #24  
Old 05-15-2013
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,391
Thanks: 238
Thanked 770 Times in 567 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 69%
iTrader: (0)
Default

weird that it even went to mexico. usually packages to mexico go toward mexico directly. that i know of, mexico city has their own dhl hub. i knew this girl who imported in mexico and lived in mexico city.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 05-21-2013
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 58,575
Thanks: 4,633
Thanked 7,147 Times in 6,513 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 77%
iTrader: (7)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotano211 View Post
weird that it even went to mexico. usually packages to mexico go toward mexico directly. that i know of, mexico city has their own dhl hub. i knew this girl who imported in mexico and lived in mexico city.
We dont have a lot of experiences from Mexico on this forum - would be interesting to learn
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 01-05-2018
1968mustangman's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 14%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: package handed over to customs...what does this mean?

I had a package held by customs, it was nothing just some blank bags but it was cleared then HELD by customs. i waited a couple of days to see if they would release it. They did not, so i sent an email to them and told them what the item was and explained they were welcome to open the package.
The next day they released the item, they never opened the item. The package was not tampered with at all. So i would suggest writing them an email. Explain what item your expecting. (Never communicate your expecting knockoffs or anything illegal).

My point is, they HOLD packages sometimes that aren't illegal and they havent actually opened them. You have nothing to lose by trying.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 01-31-2018
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 139
Thanks: 8
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 85%
iTrader: (1)
Default Re: package handed over to customs...what does this mean?

Clearance event:
I ordered around 150 stickers with Apple iPhone name on them. there was not logo on the stickers.
Just the name Apple iPhone with capacity 32GB, 128GB
I only ordered them for labelling my inventory. no box, no chargers... just stickers with the capacity and serial numbers.

the package was only 0.5kg but the DHL tracking says 'Clearance event'
Will these stickers be opened and confiscated now?
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 04-11-2018
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 68
Thanks: 27
Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Activity: 12%
Longevity: 52%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: package handed over to customs...what does this mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah74 View Post
Clearance event:
I ordered around 150 stickers with Apple iPhone name on them. there was not logo on the stickers.
Just the name Apple iPhone with capacity 32GB, 128GB
I only ordered them for labelling my inventory. no box, no chargers... just stickers with the capacity and serial numbers.

the package was only 0.5kg but the DHL tracking says 'Clearance event'
Will these stickers be opened and confiscated now?
Hi, any updates? Thanks a lot
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 04-11-2018
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 140
Thanks: 9
Thanked 22 Times in 20 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 13%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: package handed over to customs...what does this mean?

Does it mean that you are still expecting your parcel after 2 and a half months ?
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 04-13-2018
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 139
Thanks: 8
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 85%
iTrader: (1)
Default Re: package handed over to customs...what does this mean?

yes they released them to me, I was so relieved....



Quote:
Originally Posted by jonyquest View Post
Hi, any updates? Thanks a lot
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 07-08-2018
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 10%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: package handed over to customs...what does this mean?

Hi !! I have a family big package coming from China My supplier said it was “buckled by the customs” who do I contact or where can I send an email to ?
I payed over 1000$ for this and now I can’t get my items . Someone help !!
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 07-08-2018
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 58,575
Thanks: 4,633
Thanked 7,147 Times in 6,513 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 77%
iTrader: (7)
Default Re: package handed over to customs...what does this mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalierus View Post
Hi !! I have a family big package coming from China My supplier said it was “buckled by the customs” who do I contact or where can I send an email to ?
I payed over 1000$ for this and now I can’t get my items . Someone help !!
Welcome to the forum - all the best as you master stealth

Contact your supplier and the shipping company.

Those are best for "Someone help !!"
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 1 Week Ago
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 1
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 2%
Longevity: 0%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: package handed over to customs...what does this mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1968mustangman View Post
I had a package held by customs, it was nothing just some blank bags but it was cleared then HELD by customs. i waited a couple of days to see if they would release it. They did not, so i sent an email to them and told them what the item was and explained they were welcome to open the package.
The next day they released the item, they never opened the item. The package was not tampered with at all. So i would suggest writing them an email. Explain what item your expecting. (Never communicate your expecting knockoffs or anything illegal).

My point is, they HOLD packages sometimes that aren't illegal and they havent actually opened them. You have nothing to lose by trying.
I was wondering who, in fact you actually addressed this email to…?
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Parcelforce- Handed to Customs, EMS-Released from Customs..Please Help!!!!! aslampip Shipping Talk 32 03-27-2013 08:16 PM
Tracking says: handed over to customs???? What does this mean? FandangoKango Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers 22 01-16-2012 11:22 AM
my item got handed over to customs. dannyisastud Shipping Talk 11 04-27-2011 10:44 AM
Your item was handed over to Customs(CHINA) Burst Shipping Talk 62 12-14-2010 03:06 PM
Handed over to customs fingerblast Subscriber Discussions 6 07-16-2010 02:47 PM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:34 AM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts