USPS click-n-ship and information sharing - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > WallStreetBets > Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers > Shipping Talk

Shipping Talk General discussions on shipping, customs, tracking, USPS, UPS, FedEx, DHL, EMS, etc.

Old 05-08-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 58%
Default USPS click-n-ship and information sharing

I mostly ship priority mail, and ebay claims they have a discount; but actually buying USPS postage online is discounted already and the same price as ebay. My question is, could I setup multiple USPS accounts with the same return address and pay through paypal without ebay/pp getting the address info? Or would USPS check paypals address at checkout?

I just have had a couple times where the box was extremely damaged, and the buyer refused so it was returned. Obviously this gets sent back to whatever address that was printed, and I cannot tell them to change that. Anyone have experience with this method? I don't have access to many disposable addresses, trying to think of ways to consolidate them if possible.

I don't want to hear "just forgot the random ones that are damaged" because these items are nearly or over 1k, not so easy to write off.

Last edited by Salvo; 05-08-2014 at 07:33 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-08-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 57%
Send a message via Skype™ to black_label
Default Re: USPS click-n-ship and information sharing

I think if you use USPS Clip N Ship and use any other payment method that is not linked to paypal or ebay you'll be good.

Am I wrong everyone?
Old 05-09-2014
Threadstarter  

I should be fine using my own cc to pay for shipping... thinking about it I shouldn't give paypal any more information than they already have.
Old 05-09-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Yup, I am going to be keeping everything away from PP and ebay as much as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvo View Post
I should be fine using my own cc to pay for shipping... thinking about it I shouldn't give paypal any more information than they already have.
Old 05-09-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvo View Post
Exactly - do not.
Old 05-16-2014
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 7%
Longevity: 66%

Personally on all my stealth accounts. I just print the labels off of eBay and black out the return address and tape a P.O. Box with Biz Name I have for stealth's over it.

Been doing this for about 5-6 years. Never really had a problem. The only thing you may have to is change your shipping from Zip Code to something semi close if you have a stealth far away (in a far away state, etc) from where you ship from. Thats about it. All that other stuff is too much work.

Not to mention when you print the labels off of eBay if you achieve Top Rated and some other status the shipping is cheaper. Also you can't print First class off Click N Ship. Lastly for me, I like how eBay/PP just automatically uploads the tracking info. They have a record of the address I sent it to. So no room for human error and if the buyer types in the wrong address which happens frequently they know it wasn't my mistake.

Last edited by vogeltron; 05-16-2014 at 02:39 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vogeltron For This Useful Post:
hapajenn1 (06-05-2014), Salvo (05-28-2014)
Old 05-16-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogeltron View Post
Personally on all my stealth accounts. I just print the labels off of eBay and black out the return address and tape a P.O. Box with Biz Name I have for stealth's over it.
I manually change the address as well
Old 05-17-2014
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

I print right from ebay using click and ship and never touch the address.

All I do is make sure the SHIP FROM is correct because the post office you are shipping from wants the credit for the box going through their location.

I have several accounts in other states and leave address as is and make sure to change the ship from and you will be ok.

Unless you get a lot of returns, which I do not then you have to have a RETURNS DEPT.
Old 05-22-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

I talked to the post office about this.

USPS charges by weight not distance. So I print the labels with the address that's on my ebay account and mail it from my location. In the packing slip I include a return address for my location and I just say it's the "Returns Department".
Old 05-27-2014
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 7%
Longevity: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_label View Post
I talked to the post office about this.

USPS charges by weight not distance. So I print the labels with the address that's on my ebay account and mail it from my location. In the packing slip I include a return address for my location and I just say it's the "Returns Department".
Depends on what service you use. If you are talking about First Class mail you are absolutely right. If you got priority, like the OP is saying you are WRONG and giving horrible advice. In many cases distance is a huge factor. There are Regional Flat Rate Boxes that can vary a ton; Items shipped by weight matters distance matters everywhere with regular Priority. There are some Flat Rate options as well. Same with Express. In many cases you have to notice where the items are going to and learn the various options for which Priority method is the best option.

Saying USPS charges by weight not distance is extremely irresponsible. If you ship using these other services you need to change the ship from Zip Code when you print the label to something in your region.

Unless you are shipping Priority mail solely in Flat Rate Envelopes, Legal Flat Rate Envelopes or the Padded Flat rate envelope (could be small flat rate box too). Distance and Weight is a huge factor.

Last edited by vogeltron; 05-27-2014 at 03:24 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to vogeltron For This Useful Post:
Sandy D (05-29-2014)
Old 05-28-2014
Threadstarter  

I like your idea of just blacking out the return address and attaching my own. My stealths are all in the same general area as my real address, and luckily I live near an intersection of at least 5 zip codes/post offices.
Old 05-28-2014

Longevity: 72%

I technically just have a USPS account online and pay / generate tracking numbers from there, then drop off packages in batches to have them scanned for acceptance. As long as you attach the tracking number to the Paypal transaction later or send an eBay message to the bidder, you should be OK. You can put a custom return address and print the labels online, and you don't have to do it through EB or PP.

In short, it's working very well for me. Especially since I like to log all my business costs with one card, instead of taking in messy Paypal records of accounts which may or may not go down and I might forget later.

Last edited by exxomscp; 05-28-2014 at 11:37 PM.
Old 06-05-2014

Longevity: 76%

my question is, isn't the price(s) on Stamps.com cheaper than the USPS online account or Click N Ship?
Personally i always used Stamps.com and it allows you to alter / manually type in the return address for each postage you print.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogeltron View Post

Been doing this for about 5-6 years. Never really had a problem. The only thing you may have to is change your shipping from Zip Code to something semi close if you have a stealth far away (in a far away state, etc) from where you ship from. Thats about it. All that other stuff is too much work.

Not to mention when you print the labels off of eBay if you achieve Top Rated and some other status the shipping is cheaper. Also you can't print First class off Click N Ship. Lastly for me, I like how eBay/PP just automatically uploads the tracking info. They have a record of the address I sent it to. So no room for human error and if the buyer types in the wrong address which happens frequently they know it wasn't my mistake.