eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Shipping Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/shipping-talk/)
-   -   UGH!! You live, you learn (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/shipping-talk/80775-ugh-you-live-you-learn.html)

Mexigringo 12-16-2014 01:42 PM

UGH!! You live, you learn... seized?

Well, i did not want to start a thread about this because it is embarrassing

Two months ago i made the very stupid decision to buy 12 "branded" prob phake watches from HK. Worst idea ever. The seller sent them through EMS and they returned them to her (she didn´t tell me why) then 1 week ago she resent them through DHL

They´ve been in customs since thursday it says clearance event (the shipment is pending for customs inspection / the status will be updated following customs inspection) i pretty much think they are gone specially since i´ve been getting more into the forums and read that it is a very stupid idea to be selling vero when there´s other options and ways.

The seller from china told me to call customs and ask them what info they need and she sent me an invoice that says $10 each watch hahah total value $120 (false). I called DHL today (super scared) and they asked me for a phone number and an email to tell me what they need to release the package from customs.

If they want an invoice, am i suppose to send them the invoice that the seller sent me?? (it says $10 a pieces which is stupid)

I don´t want this to happen ever again so i will def stay away from branded products, i rather do my homework and study the market to sell unbranded stuff than sell this (even though they are very good looking watches ;) haha)

just_smile 12-16-2014 01:53 PM

Re: UGH!! You live, you learn

Vero is not the same as phake.

Its an impprtant distinction that most people get wrong.

Mexigringo 12-16-2014 02:12 PM

you´re right, i´ll change that

john007 12-16-2014 02:35 PM

Vero is not phake? i thought they were the same thing.

unkown5454 12-16-2014 02:46 PM

No. Read the definition on EB.

just_smile 12-16-2014 02:48 PM

Vero is any brand that is registered on ebay verified rights owners programme. You can sell vero legally but if the brand wants your listing taken down then they press a button and ebay comply

Phakes, counterfeits, knock offs, whatever you want to call them are illegal and can not be sold under any circumstances.

yankee 12-16-2014 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john007 (Post 620753)
Vero is not phake? i thought they were the same thing.

Not at all.

A VERO rights owner might allow one seller to sell and not another and it has nothing to do with the item being ⊗⊗⊗⊗. Oftentimes it has to do with MAP pricing and the deterioration of value based on flooded markets etc..

Then of course hedging against ⊗⊗⊗⊗ as well.

Mexigringo 12-16-2014 03:07 PM

They just called me
A DHL person told me that i will receive an email or another call in 2 to 4 hours telling me what i need to release them from customs
UGH... stress... i don't even want the package anymore REALLY

oompaloompa 12-16-2014 03:51 PM

I would have denied all knowledge, not called them and given them my number.........
I would backtrack from now on and not reply....

Mexigringo 12-19-2014 03:05 PM

Just an update....

Yesterday the package changed to "customs status updated" after a week with no moves. It also says: Shipment has been given a release by customs. Unless there is an adhoc exam or a stop by another regulatory authority the shipment will proceed to delivery.

Still... there's too much to worry about when selling things that you don´t really know if they are authentic... the quality, the people you´re dealing with, the big companies, lawyers, your customers (on ebay, your own online store, etc), customs people, etc etc

From this i've learned that the best thing you can do is find your own tools and do some marketing research to come up with interesting products.

I'll keep posting until i get the cops or the shipment hahah

john007 12-19-2014 03:15 PM

Are the video games being sold on ebay vero or phake?

yankee 12-19-2014 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john007 (Post 621935)
Are the video games being sold on ebay vero or phake?

I am sure both.

⊗⊗⊗⊗ sellers get cut quickly. Long time sellers most likely are not selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ but ya never know for sure.

Bunneh 12-19-2014 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mexigringo (Post 621929)
Just an update....

Yesterday the package changed to "customs status updated" after a week with no moves. It also says: Shipment has been given a release by customs. Unless there is an adhoc exam or a stop by another regulatory authority the shipment will proceed to delivery.

Still... there's too much to worry about when selling things that you don´t really know if they are authentic... the quality, the people you´re dealing with, the big companies, lawyers, your customers (on ebay, your own online store, etc), customs people, etc etc

From this i've learned that the best thing you can do is find your own tools and do some marketing research to come up with interesting products.

I'll keep posting until i get the cops or the shipment hahah

Mine always says that, then in the evening after 9pm i get the customs clearance and then the parcel is out for delivery next day, unless you have duty to pay.

secret storm 01-05-2015 01:25 AM

mexigringo.....what customs port in the usa have you tryed to ship through?

GreenBean 01-05-2015 03:33 PM

Any port on the Mainland will, and does, snatch items if they do not meet the import requirements.

Mexigringo 01-06-2015 01:27 PM

That package was in CINCINNATI HUB, OH
I never heard anything from it, and as adviced... I didn't contact dhl or anything to look for it. This was the last time i bought sketchy stuff, never again

jklm 01-17-2015 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mexigringo (Post 628247)
That package was in CINCINNATI HUB, OH
I never heard anything from it, and as adviced... I didn't contact dhl or anything to look for it. This was the last time i bought sketchy stuff, never again

did your package arrived anyways?

rsot 01-19-2015 11:19 AM

GreenBean 01-19-2015 06:58 PM

https://mypoorfoot.files.wordpress.c...ter20shoes.jpg

:cheer: :au:You got the photo incorrect, rsot. Here's the right one :au: :cheer:

BigCJ 01-19-2015 08:37 PM

My god...Those are the ugglies boots ive ever seen. *See what I did there*

GreenBean 01-21-2015 07:50 AM

Be nice, 'CJ.

rsot is wearing them when he goes to gym every night.

BTW, that hamster is not named rsot.

:pound:

rsot 01-21-2015 09:27 AM