Suspended trying to enter bank info on ebay UK - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 05-24-2023

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 5%
Default Suspended trying to enter bank info on ebay UK

I am in the USA and created a UK account because I want to sell in the UK with the help of a friend. It's a long story but here is what we did. We opened an eBay UK account w/ a virtual business address and a bank account created with Wise.

After entering my bank info it said the bank was not supported. I messaged support and they said it should ok and to try again in 24 hours. I tried again and it didn't work then got an email saying my account was suspended. I wrote back asking for details and got the below message.

Should I pursue what is going on or leave it be? My concern is it could affect the health of my eBay USA account which has been selling with 0 issues for years. Thanks

---

Thank you for contacting eBay regarding the suspension on your account. My name is Beekas and I will be assisting you further.

Building a trusted marketplace is our first priority. As such, we suspend any account that poses a risk to that trust. Your account has been suspended because the pattern of activities we have witnessed present a risk to our eBay community.

You will not be able to participate in any buying or selling activities on eBay. In addition, any other accounts that you own, or that are associated with this account, will also be suspended. We won't be able to reinstate your account. This is our final decision.

While we know this isn't the response you wished to receive, there is no further opportunity for appeal on this decision. Also, we realize that this may not be the answer that you hoped for, and would like to apologize for any disappointment or inconvenience this response may cause. Unfortunately, your account is not eligible for reinstatement.

Wishing you a lovely day ahead.

Warm Regards,

Beekas R.

eBay Trust & Safety
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-24-2023

Thanked 1,127 Times in 1,063 Posts
Activity: 89%
Longevity: 33%
Default Re: Suspended trying to enter bank info on ebay UK

who is this friend of yours?
Is he in UK?
Does he sell on Ebay?
Has he been suspended?
your friend,your wise account and your virtual business could all have set off alarm.
You can sell on UK,without an UK seller account
Old 05-24-2023
Threadstarter  

Quote:
who is this friend of yours?
Is he in UK?
Does he sell on Ebay?
Has he been suspended?
your friend,your wise account and your virtual business could all have set off alarm.
You can sell on UK,without an UK seller account
He is someone who used to sell on eBay UK but got suspended for other reasons for trying to tell off the platform.

How can I create a UK seller account w/ an American bank? that's the issue I was trying to get around. thanks
Old 05-24-2023
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,570 Times in 2,221 Posts
Activity: 67%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmcc4444 View Post
I am in the USA and created a UK account because I want to sell in the UK with the help of a friend. It's a long story but here is what we did. We opened an eBay UK account w/ a virtual business address and a bank account created with Wise.

After entering my bank info it said the bank was not supported. I messaged support and they said it should ok and to try again in 24 hours. I tried again and it didn't work then got an email saying my account was suspended. I wrote back asking for details and got the below message.

Should I pursue what is going on or leave it be? My concern is it could affect the health of my eBay USA account which has been selling with 0 issues for years. Thanks

---

Thank you for contacting eBay regarding the suspension on your account. My name is Beekas and I will be assisting you further.

Building a trusted marketplace is our first priority. As such, we suspend any account that poses a risk to that trust. Your account has been suspended because the pattern of activities we have witnessed present a risk to our eBay community.

You will not be able to participate in any buying or selling activities on eBay. In addition, any other accounts that you own, or that are associated with this account, will also be suspended. We won't be able to reinstate your account. This is our final decision.

While we know this isn't the response you wished to receive, there is no further opportunity for appeal on this decision. Also, we realize that this may not be the answer that you hoped for, and would like to apologize for any disappointment or inconvenience this response may cause. Unfortunately, your account is not eligible for reinstatement.

Wishing you a lovely day ahead.

Warm Regards,

Beekas R.

eBay Trust & Safety

Your first mistake is believing what customer service said. NEVER EVER believe what they say no matter how FRIENDLY or SUPPORtIVE they are.

My suggestion:

1. Start with the stealth guide
2. Make USA account
3. sell in UK from USA.
Old 05-24-2023

We opened an eBay UK account w/ a virtual business address and a bank account created with Wise.
It sounds like Ebay has connected your new account with your friend suspended account.
Old 05-24-2023

Plenty of UK sellers sell on Ebay.com,you can use your US account and sell on Ebay UK.
Unless your UK friend has the merchandise ?
Old 05-24-2023
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,220 Times in 4,010 Posts
Activity: 44%
Longevity: 64%

Wise doesn't work

Need a real UK bank account for UK ebay these days
The Following User Says Thank You to JamesNorth101 For This Useful Post:
agent006140 (05-24-2023)
Old 05-24-2023

Activity: 48%
Longevity: 46%

most new accounts get suspended , wise is just an additional factor that may lead to suspension
Old 05-24-2023

Longevity: 9%

'wishing you a lovely day ahead'
Old 05-25-2023
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,970 Times in 8,260 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forum OP - all the best as you master stealth

The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
rmcc4444 (05-26-2023)
Old 05-25-2023

Activity: 23%
Longevity: 58%

If your original account isn't suspended yet it shouldn't be. That is, unless you continue to try and fix this UK account. Considering you have no activity on it, I would just move on. It is not worth the time and energy. Not having any history on an account makes trying to overturn a suspension very hard. Plus it leaves the door open for another agent to possibly dig deeper and find your other account.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to solefoodbk For This Useful Post:
agent006140 (05-25-2023), yankee (05-25-2023)
Old 05-25-2023

Activity: 2%
Longevity: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmcc4444 View Post
He is someone who used to sell on eBay UK but got suspended for other reasons for trying to tell off the platform.

How can I create a UK seller account w/ an American bank? that's the issue I was trying to get around. thanks
Where is your merchandise located? Where are you shipping from?
You cannot have a UK account with a US bank account and you cannot longer use Revolut, wise, vertofx and many others since eBay banned most banks and EMIs that still provide bank accounts to non residents.
Old 05-26-2023
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the responses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo007 View Post
Where is your merchandise located? Where are you shipping from?
You cannot have a UK account with a US bank account and you cannot longer use Revolut, wise, vertofx and many others since eBay banned most banks and EMIs that still provide bank accounts to non residents.

Merchandise is in the UK but he can't sell because he got banned a few years back.

Last edited by SaiJin; 05-26-2023 at 02:12 PM.
Old 05-26-2023

He should find someone in UK to sell for him.