eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   Am I Safe to Stealth? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/100720-am-i-safe-stealth.html)

modernman 10-31-2016 01:50 PM

Am I Safe to Stealth?

Canadian registered eBay account was suspended.
Registered in Canada - But my real name and return Address is my US real Address - was USED on my suspended account
I successfully sold lots for the last 3 years doing this.
I was not suspended due to being linked to a different eBay account.
What I can do:
I have a real US SSN never ever been used on ANY US Paypal account
So a new Paypal account should be clean with issue.
Computer/IP should not be a problem my ISP gave me a brand new fresh static IP.
Go a TracPhone so a new phone is OK
So my question
Should I be safe to register an eBay account in my real name with my US address as my registered address?
I could test it to "see" but I don't want to pollute my fresh PayPal account

slokor 10-31-2016 03:27 PM

Re: Am I Safe to Stealth?

As long as ALL the info is new and unrelated/unlinkable to the account that got suspended you should be fine.
As for the SSN - unless it matches your real info it is useless and since your real info was suspended and you cannot reuse it that SSN is not useable anyway. Not that I was use the SSN anyway - id just spread my sales across multiple accounts and avoid ever having to deal with SSN requests to begin with.

phaz0rz 10-31-2016 04:22 PM

Re: Am I Safe to Stealth?

I'm assuming your old Paypal account was also Canadian and was therefore never given your SSN? If that's the case you should be fine on the Paypal side.

As for the address you may want to use a UPS store or PO Box if it's vital for you to have a valid address on the account. Personally I use random (stealth) addresses on accounts then in the event of a return I email the customer a return shipping label with my actual address on it. Works fine and it's a lot cheaper than renting a box, but that's totally up to you. I DO NOT recommend registering a USA account with the same address you previously used for returns on your CA account. It could work, but you would be making it very easy for them to link you to your old account.