What Is A Safe Number Of Sales Per Day For A Stealth Dropshipping Account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 11-28-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 43%
Cool What Is A Safe Number Of Sales Per Day For A Stealth Dropshipping Account

Hi guys,

I have been dropshipping from Amazon to eBay (UK) for over a year, and a couple months ago my PayPal account got banned.

I plan to create multiple stealth accounts making about 100 sales per day each (As from my research this seems to be a pretty safe number of sales) and selling cheap items only (Most between £5-£10, £30 max), but I'm not sure how to go about growth safely.

I initially though I'd try to get to 100 sales per day after the second month (i.e. The 61st day) but later realised it would be safer to reach this goal after 3 months.

I started off listing one item, increasing by one every other day (i.e. 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 3 etc.) and with a low margin to increase sales and feedback, then as I started to make more sales, increase my margin and hence make a lower number of sales.

Currently, I'm on day 23 since I listed my first Amazon item (I built cookies and sold an auction item before this) and made about 60 sales per day for the last 2 days (Despite increasing my margin yesterday in an attempt to decrease sales) and further increased it today to lower sales.

I would love to hear your opinions on whether you think the 3 month 100 sales per day goal would be ok (Or if the 2 month would possibly be ok?) and how many sales per day would you imagine to be safe on a new-ish stealth account (1/2 per day it has been listing).

Not sure if I should cut down on my listing also.

Thanks guys.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-28-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: What Is A Safe Number Of Sales Per Day For A Stealth Dropshipping Account

I think you will be making alot of amazon and ebay accs to keep this operation up and running..... it is not just the ebay accounts I would be worried about, it would be about amazon not liking it and ebay customers not being impressed by the invoices enclosed/packaging..

I know you are probably not using or abusing prime etc, but complaints from customers often mess up plans on what is quite a big operation - 100 sales a day on multi accs....

I guess you need to do this many sales to make it worth it for what is probably a slim profit?

Last edited by oompaloompa; 11-28-2016 at 02:55 PM.
Old 11-28-2016
Threadstarter  

Default Re: What Is A Safe Number Of Sales Per Day For A Stealth Dropshipping Account

@oompaloompa
Hi,

Thanks for your response. I appreciate your kind concern, but I'm not actually worried about the dropshipping part - I have been doing this for over a year, and have done over 10,000 sales, and in this time have maybe got about 10-20 complaints about it coming from Amazon

I wouldn't say that the profits are slim, however I've learn the hard way that it's best to scale through making multiple accounts, rather than scale by having one account make more sales per day (It turns out PayPal don't like this )

I'm just not sure how safe my plan is; I've spent a few hours doing analysis on my previous account and on my new stealth account and have structured my plan so that in the second week I make £500 turnover, third £1000, forth £1500 etc. (Assuming a £7.50 product cost average). I would do this by slowly increasing my margin, whilst listing as mentioned in my OP, forming a lightning bolt shaped pattern of sales, where sales decrease after I increase my margin and then increase until I increase the margin again, with a centre line of my 'ideal' sales per day. I've worked out that I should reach 100 sales per day at my desired margin at some point between day 70 and 80, with a weekly turnover of about £5000-£6000.

I would really appreciate some advice from the 'Stealth Pros' on if you think this growth is too fast and I should re-plan, or if you think this may work.

Thanks again!

Last edited by Kieranight; 11-28-2016 at 03:41 PM.
Old 11-28-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

if you are doing it smaller-scale, does not mean that larger scale would fly under the radar, just as well....

also make sure you use stealth amazon techniques, which are tougher than ebay ones...

I know of a couple of forumers that do this...actually I think it is more successful to go for the higher profit, and higher cost goods, not the lower ones.... as many of the hundreds of $ plus per item, as is possible...

you have done 10000 sales on how many accounts?

I will let people who do this chip in hopefully....I do similar but not on this scale and I do it country to country...

personally I think you would get flagged, due to the number of transactions...
Old 11-28-2016
Threadstarter  

Hi,

Thanks for your response. The 10,000 sales were all on one account. From previous experience I've found higher volume, lower margin works better than lower volume higher margin (Or at least shifted slightly towards the higher volume, lower margin end of the spectrum seems to be optimal), and compared to some sellers 100 sales per day is pretty small scale.

I think I will stick with my current plan for now, adjusting it accordingly over the coming weeks, and if it seems not to work then I will go back to the drawing board

Really appreciate you taking the time to share your advice
Old 11-29-2016
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 19%
Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieranight View Post
Hi,

Thanks for your response. The 10,000 sales were all on one account. From previous experience I've found higher volume, lower margin works better than lower volume higher margin (Or at least shifted slightly towards the higher volume, lower margin end of the spectrum seems to be optimal), and compared to some sellers 100 sales per day is pretty small scale.

I think I will stick with my current plan for now, adjusting it accordingly over the coming weeks, and if it seems not to work then I will go back to the drawing board

Really appreciate you taking the time to share your advice
I'd recommend getting rid of your mansion and Ferrari, this way you'll be content and satisfied with selling less for now.
Kieranight (11-29-2016)
Old 11-29-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLion View Post
I'd recommend getting rid of your mansion and Ferrari, this way you'll be content and satisfied with selling less for now.
I'll list them on eBay now