eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   Best way to manage and view multiple Gmail accounts? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/10230-best-way-manage-view-multiple-gmail-accounts.html)

jtaverner76 04-01-2009 08:18 AM

Best way to manage and view multiple Gmail accounts?

Hello, I am wondering if it is possible to view multiple Gmail accounts at the same time. The problem I am having is that when I open a new window/tab to view another Gmail account, I have to logout of the one I am currently logged into, so I am not able to keep more than one Gmail accounts logged in at the same time. I am only currently working with two Gmail accounts for two eBay accounts but plan to use much more later. It will be a pain to keep logging in and out of Gmail accounts. I would just like to keep the multiple Gmail accounts open and logged in at the same time in the same browser using a tab for each account if you know what I mean.

I was also thinking it would be much easier to organize multiple accounts by importing my Gmail accounts to use with M$ Outlook Express. If I were to use Outlook Express to manage and view all my Gmail accounts I would do this from my main single IP address. Is this advisable? I of course would turn off auto image loading to prevent loading of any web beacons but would I need to do anything else to prevent revealing my IP? Any advise appeciated thanks!

lakeman 04-01-2009 09:21 AM

Yes you could have all of your gmail accounts setup in Outlook Express so you wouldn't have to log into to each account. I'm not sure what you would do about replying to people if you need to. Maybe its possible to have Outlook Express reply to each individual account.

azlanxp 04-01-2009 10:23 AM

best way is using Incredimail
that free or u can subscribe for premium

i'm use with 10 account in same time
can keep all the message in your hardisk at gmail server also

easy use and very friendly user

Here We Go Again 04-01-2009 05:01 PM

As LAKEMAN said....
Just use your normal email software.
You can go into the settings on each gmail account and turn on POP.
Then you can add the email account in your normal email software.
You got 10 gmail accounts....
Turn on POP in each account
Add each email to your email software
You can now view & send from each account from 1 program.
It is really easy.
You just need you email address, your password and these settings for your email software.
EMAIL IN...........pop.gmail.com
EMAIL OUT........smtp.gmail.com

Good Luck

jtaverner76 04-01-2009 05:26 PM

Great! Yes I would love to use these Gmail accounts in Outlook. But is there anything else I need to know besides disabling image loading to prevent eGay or PayPal seeing my IP address? I'm just worried about having all these email accounts in one program for fear of possible linkage.

lakeman 04-01-2009 05:28 PM

That's all I can think of, make sure you disable images like you said, and also of course don't click on any links.

GreenBean 04-01-2009 05:36 PM

Not 100% convinced that using OE is a good idea. Bear with me, it has been proven that gmail by virtue of having images disabled works fine for our purposes. Why risk 'mixing' the two emails platforms?
So what if it is a problem signing in/out? IF it means the emails are protected & ebay can not trace you, then it is worthwhile to use. It is mentioned in other threads that having an excel spreadsheet can help keep trace of activities. Just my thoughts.:peace:

Burst 04-01-2009 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtaverner76 (Post 81200)
I'm just worried about having all these email accounts in one program for fear of possible linkage.

Same here, Ill stick to seperate user accounts / IP addresses.

Its a nice thought though

Here We Go Again 04-01-2009 08:26 PM

I do live in the Macintosh world but.....

I have been using my "Mail" program for reading ALL my eBay mail for about 4 years.
I have NEVER been linked to a older account due to reading all the emails from my eBay accounts.
I use all gmail email addresses and POP the mail into my "Mail" program for reading and receiving purposes.

1 Mail Program -
Currently 12 email accounts all dumping into the same program.
I never log into the gmail accounts through Google.
I do not have to. I get all my gmail in my "Mail" program.
It works wonderfully for me.

boondoggle 04-02-2009 08:25 AM

With gmail you can just have all your email addresses forwarded to your main account and then apply fliters/labels to each of the email addresses so it shows up with the ebay username as it arrives in your inbox, thats how I do it, its really simple and Ive never had any problems.

oompaloompa 04-03-2009 11:01 AM

me too did this, great once you figure how to set it up!!

greggr 04-03-2009 09:50 PM

What's about cookiepie?
cookie pie firefox - Google Search

SimpleX 02-11-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Here We Go Again (Post 81217)
I do live in the Macintosh world but.....

I have been using my "Mail" program for reading ALL my eBay mail for about 4 years.
I have NEVER been linked to a older account due to reading all the emails from my eBay accounts.
I use all gmail email addresses and POP the mail into my "Mail" program for reading and receiving purposes.

1 Mail Program -
Currently 12 email accounts all dumping into the same program.
I never log into the gmail accounts through Google.
I do not have to. I get all my gmail in my "Mail" program.
It works wonderfully for me.

I have a Mac too and want tto view all my mail from all the stealth's from one place too.

Is this still Ok to do?

css1 02-11-2013 10:31 AM

Here's a method I have used before... but I'm not 100% sure it's eb/pp safe.

Download Digsby: Digsby = IM + Email + Social Networks

You can add gmail accounts to it, and for each account it adds an email icon, and you can see a little preview of each email, mark it as read or delete it without opening a browser. Also notifies you when you get a new email. When I was using this, I would just see if there's anything urgent in my accounts, then login with VPS to reply or open the email.

testdog 02-11-2013 11:56 AM

Get thunderbird (mail client)... By far the best !

SimpleX 02-11-2013 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by testdog (Post 420018)
Get thunderbird (mail client)... By far the best !

Whats the benefit of using Thunderbird over Apple Mail app or Outlook?

Do you forward all you stealth's to one single email address or do you open all your stealth's directly in Thunderbird on a separate user account?

stevebills 02-11-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boondoggle (Post 81232)
With gmail you can just have all your email addresses forwarded to your main account and then apply fliters/labels to each of the email addresses so it shows up with the ebay username as it arrives in your inbox, thats how I do it, its really simple and Ive never had any problems.

I do the above and have them sent to my iphone useful when I am on the move and my pc:clap:

testdog 02-11-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SimpleX (Post 420029)
Whats the benefit of using Thunderbird over Apple Mail app or Outlook?

Do you forward all you stealth's to one single email address or do you open all your stealth's directly in Thunderbird on a separate user account?

- I have all my accounts setup separately on thunderbird. I am not forwarding.

- It's open-source and it is the only client that RESPECTS your privacy out of the box as it BLOCKS remote content (which may be used by eBay and other sites to track your IP) from the get go.

- It's customizable as it has thousands of extensions.

Enough said :)

NoneOther 02-11-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by testdog (Post 420040)

- It's open-source and it is the only client that RESPECTS your privacy out of the box as it BLOCKS remote content (which may be used by eBay and other sites to track your IP) from the get go.

What about IP address in mail headers, how does it handle that?

testdog 02-11-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoneOther (Post 420041)
What about IP address in mail headers, how does it handle that?

As far as I know, it's not like webmail... so they are not hidden...

I will look into developing an extension that aims to fix this. (maybe there's one already)

SimpleX 02-11-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by testdog (Post 420040)

So am I good to use the current version for Mac then? Do I need to use a specific version?

Will having all mail forwarded to one email account to check messages, offer a further layer of protection?

testdog 02-11-2013 01:58 PM

Use latest version !