Using family member info - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 02-08-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 42%
Question Using family member info

So for one account I created a eBay and PayPal account with my sisters name and address with her permission and got high limits. I seen a lot of threads on here after I made it about it not being a good idea due too ruining their credit or other issues. On the Stealth Book it says it is the best option if you have permission and not going to sell counterfeit items which I'm not. I'm not planning on giving them her SSN because I'm not going to go over 175 items/ $20,000 and I'm definitely going to pay my fees. I know if account goes down she won't be able to make another eBay account which she don't Use eBay or PayPal. So what could go wrong I haven't sold on the account yet just been browsing on it building cookies. I'm kinda worried about using it now after reading those threads. I do not want to ruin her credit or screw her over in any way. Is it even possible to ruin her credit if I'm not giving out her SSN?

Ps. I'm not sure why i used her info if I'm not plan to use her SSN to verify. At the time just seem easy to just use that info instead of finding a address and using a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name. Now I'm starting to make accounts with nickname or ⊗⊗⊗⊗ names and other addresses.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-08-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,936 Times in 8,227 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Using family member info

Start building those other stealth accounts. Make sure you keep your sister in the loop - while it isn't best option to play with family info, IF YOU DECIDE to use it, you have to operate via stealth so her info is not burned.

Theoretically, you would only ruin her credit if you OWE money and it goes to collections. Don't mess around with her SSN.

I'm not saying that what you created is great stealth method but what's done is done - it can be operated but needs to be done properly
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
shootemup321 (02-08-2017)
Old 02-08-2017
Threadstarter  

Alright thanks that's solid advice
Old 02-08-2017
Threadstarter  

Can you tell me if using name generator is the best way to go for stealth names or should I use nicknames with same last name for a couple.
Old 02-12-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

family member with permission is ok, but they need to know all the risks, and you should not
do risky stuff on the account. You can get scammed and owe money though, all sorts of other things out of your control, so real details mean a potential knock on the door.....

I did it before joining the forum and it backfired on both of us....

The advantages are that of course you have an accessible address and can verify with docs or just an electoral role check........that is probably why you did it.....the best thing to do is hand the account to the named owner as a gift and start a new one yourself with a business name and EIN perhaps.

have you given your own ssn before?
Old 02-28-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
family member with permission is ok, but they need to know all the risks, and you should not
do risky stuff on the account. You can get scammed and owe money though, all sorts of other things out of your control, so real details mean a potential knock on the door.....

I did it before joining the forum and it backfired on both of us....

The advantages are that of course you have an accessible address and can verify with docs or just an electoral role check........that is probably why you did it.....the best thing to do is hand the account to the named owner as a gift and start a new one yourself with a business name and EIN perhaps.

have you given your own ssn before?
Ya no risky stuff like that so I'm not worried about it too much. I am going to take it slow with it. It's good for limits like you said and return address. I have given them my SSN on my account I actually have 2 PayPals with my SSN really don't know why I do I made one when I was younger and forgot about it then made a new one when I made a new eBay. I have like 3 eBay's cause I kept forgetting my login info lol but ended up recovering all of them and help me out in the long run.
Old 02-28-2017
Executive [VIP]

Be careful with the pp's that have your SSN on file - don't go negative
Old 03-01-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Be careful with the pp's that have your SSN on file - don't go negative
Ya I always keep it neutral or positive for sure, one time I got 2 chargebacks for gift cards immediately put money in my PayPal and got account back neutral don't want to risk it effecting my credit score. I fought so hard for those chargebacks and after like 5 calls to paypal I finally got 3 quarters of the money back after that I knew it wasn't worth it unless you send card in the mail. I sents pics and everything of the messages the person even left me feedback and still won the case with eBay and PayPal. Even if you lose the case guys keep calling they will eventually work something out with you.

Last edited by shootemup321; 03-01-2017 at 12:23 AM.
Old 03-15-2017
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 51%

Once you realize how dependable stealth is, the risk of using family info will NOT seem worth it AT ALL. Using family info is usually done by the freshly burned and done in a panic. Nothing good ever comes from this, I would switch over to complete stealth as soon as you're able to, for sure.
Old 03-15-2017
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYork View Post
Once you realize how dependable stealth is, the risk of using family info will NOT seem worth it AT ALL. Using family info is usually done by the freshly burned and done in a panic. Nothing good ever comes from this, I would switch over to complete stealth as soon as you're able to, for sure.
Very true - "freshly burned" is a good term
Old 07-09-2017
Threadstarter  

Ya It was my first account when I made it and wanted the higher limits and it wasn't worth it but did no harm. I made 2 other accounts after with just a name variation and got the limits up to where I want them fast with little effort. I really never needed that high of limits. I now am about to make 2 back up accounts. So far little trial n error no accounts have went down but I have done things such as accidentally click on the wrong reply button when replying to eBay message on email and it bringing up eBay on wrong IP.