eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   Help, XP or Vista for user accounts,which is best? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/10565-help-xp-vista-user-accounts-best.html)

lucy 04-25-2009 09:31 AM

Help, XP or Vista for user accounts,which is best?

Hi, I've got Vista with the laptop I bought, but the computer is slow and I'm not used to Vista.

I'm trying to set up a user account, would it be a good idea to install XP as its more safe, secure and stable than Vista?

Can anyone point me in the direction of a guide for making XP accounts please:yar:

Once the user accounts are made, do I need to install something called objection and run ccleaner each time I login into the accounts?

I'm consfused, so any help would be appreciated

Burning 04-25-2009 09:41 AM

It's pretty hard converting vista to xp. I did it but forgot how. It took me awhile to figure it out. I did not like vista either since it was too slow.

Lyda 04-25-2009 09:54 AM

Can't you make new user accounts in Vista? As for Objection and clearing up our cookies, you don't need that when you have separate user account per Ebay/Paypal account, + they will both love it (Ebay, Paypal)

lucy 04-25-2009 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lyda (Post 84555)
Can't you make new user accounts in Vista? As for Objection and clearing up our cookies, you don't need that when you have separate user account per Ebay/Paypal account, + they will both love it (Ebay, Paypal)

i can make new user accounts on vista, but from what i read on the forum, people are saying XP is the way to go since its more secure when you have user accounts and vista might be prone to not being as secure, i don't want any linking issues

Lyda 04-25-2009 10:10 AM

I don't have vista, couldn't choose which OS you prefer? You still may be safe in Vista and separate user accounts and no need than to clear cookies.. I am sure someone with more tech. knowledge around here will help you soon..

lucy 04-25-2009 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lyda (Post 84558)
I don't have vista, couldn't choose which OS you prefer? You still may be safe in Vista and separate user accounts and no need than to clear cookies.. I am sure someone with more tech. knowledge around here will help you soon..

Are you using XP?

i didnt realise the laptop i bought had vista until i got it home:faint:

Lyda 04-25-2009 10:53 AM

Yes, I have XP...But, I think if you research a little with Vista, you can do the same. Also Google how to switch from Vista to XP..I am sure answer will be there somewhere.

may you can try take the computer back and ask them you want the same with XP.. Just an idea

lakeman 04-25-2009 11:54 AM

I use Vista and it works fine for me. When I first got my laptop it was slow to, I searched on google how to speed up Vista. I found a list of 10 things to do and it increased the speed a lot. I would suggest doing that Lucy.

lucy 04-25-2009 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakeman (Post 84568)
I use Vista and it works fine for me. When I first got my laptop it was slow to, I searched on google how to speed up Vista. I found a list of 10 things to do and it increased the speed a lot. I would suggest doing that Lucy.

Are there any precautions I should take, when switching between accounts, besides the IP being different?

lakeman 04-25-2009 12:25 PM

Not that I'm aware of, I use it just like XP.

Burst 04-26-2009 05:14 PM

XP is a much better OS to use in general. Downgrading shouldnt be that hard. Just search for "downgrade __your laptop model____ to windows xp". You should find various links to drivers that will make XP work on your laptop. Its really easy.

doughboykilla 04-26-2009 06:01 PM

I use vista as well i love it every pc i have gots it :) works fine with ebay accounts and once u get use to vista its hard to go back to xp.

aspkin 04-27-2009 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucy (Post 84557)
i can make new user accounts on vista, but from what i read on the forum, people are saying XP is the way to go since its more secure when you have user accounts and vista might be prone to not being as secure, i don't want any linking issues

After Vista auto updates a few times, it's pretty stable.

I've been using Vista for about 6 months now, it works great for what we need it to do, is secure, fast and stable.

In the beginning no, it was crap..but again after a few auto updates by Microsoft it's good.