eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   Paypal account died, Ebay still good... change paypal email? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/105933-paypal-account-died-ebay-still-good-change-paypal-email.html)

dachilla 03-17-2017 06:30 AM

Paypal account died, Ebay still good... change paypal email?

Guys, My paypal account was just burnt to the ground. However Ebay is still working fine. Do you think it's ok to add just another paypal to the account? This is my main ebay account (10k items / 100k $ limits). Any advise?

phaz0rz 03-17-2017 07:06 AM

Re: Paypal account died, Ebay still good... change paypal email?

No, it won't work for long. You'll be able to receive payments for a few days, and then Paypal will catch on and limit the account, which prevents you from withdrawing the money you've received.

I don't recommend trying it. I lost $1800 a few weeks ago like that. It's still being held in a Paypal account, and they haven't reviewed any of my docs yet. :(

CamaroSS 03-17-2017 08:35 AM

It also depends on your eBay account.

Here are some things to think about.

-Have you been getting hit with any eBay violations?
-Why was your PayPal limited and is your eBay account next in line?
-Do you have any current eBay fees? How much? Is it worth it to pay them out of pocket (since your PayPal is limited now)

This is just to get you going on what things to consider

Like Phaz0rz said you don't want to link another PayPal account to it. Easy for PayPal to link you and they will just limit the new account. You'll just lose more money.

Once you weigh your risk you may want to look into a merchant account to link to eBay so you can still receive payments. Just make sure the pros outweigh the risk before doing this.

Haidukken 03-17-2017 10:43 AM

eBay and Paypal are like Voldemort and Harry: one cannot live while the other survives.

Just call it a day and move on, its more productive to focus your efforts and time into building new eBay/Paypal account because that is the future. Your dead Paypal and limping wounded animal eBay accounts are not the future.

sax4 03-17-2017 01:02 PM

It's a question of how long it survives, I have had them last weeks/months when I have switched Paypal. But for peace of mind better to start afresh

Qwoty 03-17-2017 02:39 PM

its not a matter of if your ebay gets restricted. its about the ebay orders the paypal limitation has botched, trust me ive abondoned many ebay accounts just because i couldnt fulfil orders because of held funds. Just call it a day and next time spread your paypal paypemnts across multiple accounts. and that way you can still keep going. By the way ebay and the reciepient paypal accounts never go down simultaneously. So many times ive reused the same paypal accounts with the new ebay accounts, and not even get linked.

dallis 03-18-2017 03:51 PM

Easy answer: Never re-use anything.

himaster 03-19-2017 03:46 PM

I don't really second above comments. I personally use eBay for other Paypal or Paypal for other ebay without problem.

HOWEVER

Everything needs tips and tricks

dallis 03-19-2017 06:02 PM

It may last a while but it will eventually go down. Usually at the worst possible time, usually when there's money there.

Better to start from scratch.

That's why I say never reuse or recycle these items...

stressed08 03-20-2017 11:54 AM

I have posted that I have had excellent results doing this. But it was on an account so old that eBay themselves had removed my paypal, and it was simply asking me to add a new one. It was a 16 year old account... with the most recent paypal transaction 3 years prior. There WAS some overlap, records of the old paypal paying ebay fees 3 years prior). But removed all of those automatic payments and was fine.

I added a new PayPal, with slightly different (but real) name, different (but real) address, and EIN vs SSN. Different phone number, etc. Over a year later, all good, verifiied, top rated plus on eBay.

CamaroSS 03-20-2017 12:39 PM

Don't forget guys he said this is a very important account to him. I'm sure he knows he can start fresh (which is best in my opinion) but he wants to try to still use his Ebay. It is possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NewOldStockBoy 04-18-2017 04:56 PM

I can say I have had no problem switching to a merchant account after a PayPal went up in a ball of fire. 2+ years or so now. I was considering adding another PP until I read this. Best to leave a good thing alone in my case.

nodeal 04-18-2017 05:18 PM

For Me:

Stealth Set#1
Ebay = shut down
PayPal = still good

Stealth Set #2
Ebay = Still good
Paypal = shut down

I will combine the good PayPal from set#1 and and good eBay from set #2 and use them together. It will last for a while but not forever. Longest I had last was for 2 years (still using it, we will see how long). I do this with the understanding it will be limited eventually. I wouldn't let lots of money sit in an account like this because when the day comes and it gets limited I don't want thousands frozen in there for 180 days.

modernman 04-22-2017 03:42 PM

you can try it but eBay WILL link them for sure ....
Because that exactly what happened to me before I found this web site ....

heil86 05-14-2017 07:56 AM

i've been taking advantage of stealth techniques for my personal account because of paypal and ebay suspensions on my original accounts.

2nd ebay account eventually got limited, as i unintentionally called them from the landline that was attached to the original account.

2nd paypal is still going (business) and have had a 3rd ebay account for around a year attached with no issues.

tread lightly, you mileage may vary.

stevebills 06-02-2017 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallis (Post 836675)
Easy answer: Never re-use anything.

how about a condom? a pair of undies or toilet paper? :focus: