eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   contradicting answers from senior members (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/107025-contradicting-answers-senior-members.html)

SUPERNINJA 04-27-2017 03:59 AM

contradicting answers from senior members

My question: Why does everybody tell people that you can't switch out your paypal any time as long as you didn't pay seller fees with it?

You tell people to pay seller fees with a vanilla visa or VCC on ebay, so why not let them know that they don't have to lose an account at 20k/ 200 item limit breach?

Why are you telling people to ditch their accounts instead of telling them the options you know they have? These people will build up 12 months of high feedback or get power seller acct status, & you will tell them to ditch the account after 20k/200 transactions?

ilcarletto 04-27-2017 04:10 AM

Re: contradicting answers from senior members

Quote:

Originally Posted by SUPERNINJA (Post 844282)
you will tell them to ditch the account after 20k/200 transactions?

I don't quite understand what you are saying in here. Could you refer to a specific example?

Qwoty 04-27-2017 05:30 AM

Yes, please do elaborate further

JamesNorth101 04-27-2017 07:10 AM

This doesn't really make sense to me either

If you have the PayPal linked to the eBay in anyway (through the link button, the PayPal email address in auctions or you use the PayPal to pay fees) then it is linked to the eBay and cannot be linked

You can use the PayPal to pay fees

You can also get past the 200 / $20k requirement by just using an EIN

SUPERNINJA 04-27-2017 09:29 AM

Someone on here said the reason they know that ebay gets permanently linked when used with a particular paypal is by a unique identifier.

He also mentioned that it only shows up when you pay an ebay invoice for seller fees only. But everyone says it links on listings on established accounts however, nobody has proof they tag it.

They're guessing wrong. If you haven't tried it on an established account, maybe test me. Put this to rest. Because people pay a premium to get accurate answers from the senior members when they sign up for this forum.

Proof. That's all.

SUPERNINJA 04-27-2017 09:42 AM

Scenario: You get a high limit acct, while you have an old established paypal with a paypal debit card in your name. Lost the ebay associated with it, couldn't pay the enormous fees.

I have been able to insert this paypal email address into several listings on several accounts over the course of 2 years. Nothing happens. You can switch paypal accts in listings on an ebay acct you worked hard building up. As long as you don't pay seller fees with it.

just_smile 04-27-2017 09:42 AM

Got a link to the thread you are refering to?

SUPERNINJA 04-27-2017 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by just_smile (Post 844332)
Got a link to the thread you are refering to?

They're scattered everywhere but here is one.

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-di...-listings.html

JamesNorth101 04-27-2017 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SUPERNINJA (Post 844331)
Scenario: You get a high limit acct, while you have an old established paypal with a paypal debit card in your name. Lost the ebay associated with it, couldn't pay the enormous fees.

I have been able to insert this paypal email address into several listings on several accounts over the course of 2 years. Nothing happens. You can switch paypal accts in listings on an ebay acct you worked hard building up. As long as you don't pay seller fees with it.

Many many years ago that use to be possible

Its not been possible for a long time though as PayPal realised that people were abusing it

SUPERNINJA 04-27-2017 12:56 PM

Here's the thing.
The senior members direct people to older threads, to search for answers, rather than just telling them. When you look up several threads applicable to your issue, you'll find they're from 2009 or 2012.

When was the last time you tried the things you say nobody can do? I believe you when you say it's not an option. But I like when someone says "Oh I tried that last month, or last year." Then I would drop this.

Otherwise it's not accurate info.

BigCJ 04-27-2017 02:19 PM

Some people / techniques are out of date. What works for one may not work for others or many. Its best to gather multiple sources and if still confused, bring the question up again for a possible refresher and update.

I really love that you used the search function though. I personally try to stick to the newer threads for the latest info :)