Virtual Machine Vs Firefox Portable for Multiple Accounts. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 06-05-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 49%
Default Virtual Machine Vs Firefox Portable for Multiple Accounts.

What do you guys think is my best or easiest solution for managing multiple accounts?

Should I go with Virtual machines or multiple Firefox portables?

Which one do you think is best and WHY?

Right now I have 10 different user accounts and its a pain to have to log into each one.. im sure either the portable Firefox or Virtual machine are both better.. but trying to figure out which one is best and also the safest as far as not linking accounts together.
Thanks.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-05-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%
Default Re: Virtual Machine Vs Firefox Portable for Multiple Accounts.

I use both! I use VMWare AND Portable Browser for each one.
Old 06-05-2017

Longevity: 41%

If you're using dedicated VPNs, IMO VM all day. It's all about minimizing risk (mistakes you might make). If you run multiple FF's you're running into forgetting firing the right VPN for that account. Which is kinda impossible to do it running VMs since you can attach/fire automatically the VPN once the VM starts. Also, you can have 3 VMs/Accounts running at the same time, etc... Many advantages I may share going with the VM road instead of FF's.
Old 06-05-2017

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

Portable firefox is a good option if you remember to close it down properly (including its processes) after each session. I would recommend a new user account on same computer over portable firefox, one small mistake is all it takes to get linked.

Virtual machines is over the top, unless your going to be using VPNs and difference OS' on each.

This might be of some use too... - http://www.aspkin.com/forums/multipl...tml#post847745

Good luck
Old 06-05-2017
Threadstarter  

Yea the Virtual Machine option sounds better to me also.

Right now I use a Proxy with a Dedicated IP Address, and a seperate Windows User Account for Each of my Ebay accounts.
Having 10 or more accounts I just need to get things going that will make it easier, more convenient.

Virtual machine seems like it could save me LOADS of time

So I know you need a good PC with alot of RAM.
I have 4GB ram and an I-5 Processor how many VM's Can I run at once without it slowing down my system?

Thanks for the info guys.

Last edited by tim348; 06-05-2017 at 06:34 PM.
Old 06-05-2017

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Can I run at once without it slowing down my system?
It depends on more than just RAM. Having an Intel processor that's designed for virtualisation will help too...

SSD over HDD - is a must.

16GB Ram will allow you to run around 5 Virtual machines, without stressing it too much.

It also depends on OS - some are lighter on resources than others, but at the same time there isnt much point of 10 VMs if they will all be mirror copies of one other, you'll want to vary things up, like OS, browsers etc.

Hope that steers you in the right direction a little
Old 06-05-2017
Threadstarter  

are there any other things i need to avoid during setup of the Virtual machines to avoid linking them together?

So do I just use seperate IP within Each Virtual Machine, and Im good to go?
Old 06-07-2017
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim348 View Post
So do I just use seperate IP within Each Virtual Machine, and Im good to go?
That's pretty much it, separate IP's.
Old 06-07-2017
Threadstarter  

Now I have to "install" each Virtual machine onto my PC Hard drive correct?

About how many Gigs on my Hard drive will each Virtual Machine use up?

Im asking because I have only 30gb free space.. may need to upgrade my Hard Drive.

I also have SSD which I know is much faster, better for VM's. Will Stick with SSD.
Old 06-07-2017
Executive [VIP]

The hard drive space needed for each VMWare will depend on which OS you use. I have all my VMWares stored and accessible off of a 1TB External HDD. I use multiple OS's so each OS get's a specific amount of HDD space.
Old 06-07-2017

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 45%

I made a VM running XP w/ service pack 2 and I'd like to know how be able to connect to the internet wirelessly.

I have a D-Link network adapter that claims to be compatible with XP. It shows all the wireless networks available.

The disk I used to install XP doesnt have the update to connect to WPA2 but it will pull up the box to enter network password for WPA but when I enter the password it wont connect to my WPA enabled network. It just acts like the password is wrong.

Is there some trick or a update I need. I'm under the understanding there's no longer updates for XP available from MS. Someone else has had to have this issue and found a fix.

Its a real B trying to figure out multiple OS.

It's taken me a lot less time finding the D-Link drivers I needed on git for linux and installing them through a terminal than it has getting XP to work right.

Last edited by nate; 06-07-2017 at 09:02 PM.
Old 06-07-2017
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate View Post
I made a VM running XP w/ service pack 2 and I'd like to know how be able to connect to the internet wirelessly.

I have a D-Link network adapter that claims to be compatible with XP. It shows all the wireless networks available.

The disk I used to install XP doesnt have the update to connect to WPA2 but it will pull up the box to enter network password for WPA but when I enter the password it wont connect to my WPA enabled network. It just acts like the password is wrong.

Is there some trick or a update I need. I'm under the understanding there's no longer updates for XP available from MS. Someone else has had to have this issue and found a fix.

Its a real B trying to figure out multiple OS.

It's taken me a lot less time finding the D-Link drivers I needed on git for linux and installing them through a terminal than it has getting XP to work right.
I'm trying to help but you aren't answering my questions on your other thread.
Old 06-08-2017
Threadstarter  

is there any reason to use multiple OS's with stealth accoutns on a Virtual Machine ?

Is this to make it harder for them to track you as it looks more like a different pc having a different os?

ah yea External HDD works.. wasnt sure if you could run the VM from there. so I just save the .ISO files to the HD and were good!?
Old 06-08-2017
Threadstarter  

I also have to import the browser profile from each of my stealth accounts into the new browser in each Virtual machine correct?

this includes the cookies and all that good stuff. so this way they wont get weird and think its a totally new pc right ?
Old 06-08-2017
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
is there any reason to use multiple OS's with stealth accoutns on a Virtual Machine ?

Is this to make it harder for them to track you as it looks more like a different pc having a different os?
Yeah, it just looks better especially if you sell similar items.

Quote:
so I just save the .ISO files to the HD and were good!?
You can save the ISO file on the hard drive also but when I save save the VMWare I mean the actual VMWare files for each Account.

Normally when you make a VMWare it will ask you where you want it to save the files too, normally it will go into some folder like "C:\Users\admin\Documents\Virtual Machines" but I just change it to my External Hard Drive.
Old 06-08-2017
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I also have to import the browser profile from each of my stealth accounts into the new browser in each Virtual machine correct?

this includes the cookies and all that good stuff. so this way they wont get weird and think its a totally new pc right ?
If you can get the cookies and import them into the VMWare then that's good. What I have done is the following, I use a Portable Browser which stands alone in it's own folder with all the cookies and stuff. What I have done is that I give access to each VMWare to my External where my Portable Browser resides on.....so I can then run the Browser from there without having to import anything.
Old 10-02-2017

Longevity: 38%

Hey I suggest you to make Different User account and Upon Every account make A firfox portable , I am running 13 account all together
Old 10-12-2017
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 99%

I never thought of portables!? I always use VMware across multiples OS's to never get a cross. Always different build updates rotating in and out. Firefox/chrome/safari in case there is some odd pattern I try to rid it out.