eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   Vero items (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/110784-vero-items.html)

Alicia117 09-23-2017 06:56 AM

Vero items

Hi All
I am new to Stealth World and I am very impressed with forum's constant advice and support.
May I ask for your expertise:
I sell fragrances inspired by big brands and I am not sure how to title it to avoid issues from Ebay (VERO, trademarker, violiation policies etc.).
What are your suggestions for title:
1) am I allowed to use ,for instance, the title as: : ''fragrances inspired by Chanel No 5''
2) or just used 'fragrances inspired by No 5''.
Thank you in advance

oompaloompa 09-23-2017 09:53 AM

Re: Vero items

See what others are doing, if nobody/not many doing it, there is your clue....You could try no5 but I doubt it will work long-term. Chanel is very quick to take you down, some brands do not care as much....I know for sunglasses years ago DG did not do much....and everywhere was awash with copies...

rsot 09-23-2017 10:06 AM

Trial and error is the only way of trying to survive this namebrand market - dangerous items you're selling in terms of flagging.

Ebayorbust 09-23-2017 10:52 AM

Quote:

fragrances inspired by big brands
I take it that's the roundabout way of saying you sell counterfeit perfumes and after-shaves?

It's the pricing of said "inspired by big brand" perfumes that is the biggest "giveaway" when it comes to selling such items on ebay. Small sellers just don't have the financial clout to be able to sell legit product at less than half the standard retail price. Throw is a few negs for f@ke product and you'll be done for fairly rapidly.

rsot 09-23-2017 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebayorbust (Post 873397)
I take it that's the roundabout way of saying you sell counterfeit perfumes and after-shaves?

It's the pricing of said "inspired by big brand" perfumes that is the biggest "giveaway" when it comes to selling such items on ebay. Small sellers just don't have the financial clout to be able to sell legit product at less than half the standard retail price. Throw is a few negs for f@ke product and you'll be done for fairly rapidly.

I was being nice on a Saturday but the reality check with Ebayorbust is deserving a :thumb:

Alicia117 09-23-2017 11:48 AM

Thank for your comments - you really made my Saturday ;)
Anyway, I will try it and probably not just once - thanks to the stealth world.
There is a lot that kind of business on Ebay so might exist for a bit ;)

MM78 09-24-2017 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebayorbust (Post 873397)

Don't think they are f@kes, there are called "inspired" true f@kes replicate the bottle and even the packaging.

Alicia117 09-25-2017 01:13 AM

There are companies, like Federico Mahora (plenty of products on Ebay) who sell alternatives of fragrances to big brands. This is the kind of the stuff I would like to sell.
But the issue is to advertised them properly and not abuse holy Ebay's policies to get suspended.
I will probably follow their way of advertisement and try to survive ;)