I screwed up - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 05-30-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 86%
Default I screwed up

I accidentally logged into my new clean ebay account from my regular IP (comcast cable modem) that I use for my main 9 year old account. I have never been suspended, but the main account has had 15 or so vero strikes in the last month & I've had to take the tutorial 3 times now. (I stopped selling vero a week ago as I posted in another thread), but I've never been suspended so I've been trying to keep the new account as a backup.

I logged into ebay on the new account, responded to a message on the new account, then logged out.

I don't have many addresses I can use so it would suck to have to stop using that account.

1) Are those 2 accounts now definitely linked by ebay because I've logged into both accounts from that 1 IP?
2) If so, do we know if ebay shares IP info with paypal too for non-suspended accounts? Is the paypal account worthless now too?
3) Would, in theory deleting the ebay account, creating a new one & using the same paypal account work as I didn't log into the new paypal account from this IP?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-30-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

ok, dont panic, you are not suspended yet on original account, the info is shared but is not used against you until one account is banned and then other is looked at too. Keep it that way by letting it rest and then taking it easy, yes they are linked. Ip is not the only factor though - cookies, flash and the details the account is in also count. It is not unheard of for 2 work collegues to log in to any account on same ip for example, but if there are other similariites it would link you.
I suggest you continue using both accounts in 3 months gently, and without further linkage, i also suggest you make a few back up accounts, start them off slowly and follow forum rules, I see you sell vero, multiple accounts are useful for this as it means you dont hammer one too hard, i never get to them stage where i need to do a tutorial now, they mean you are on the verge of a suspension and they are easy to avoid, a takedown means let it rest for 3 months, switch to next account....
you are extemely lucky to find this forum BEFORE you cak up your original account, I found out the truth after....

Last edited by oompaloompa; 05-30-2009 at 09:34 AM.
Old 05-30-2009
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 86%

Okay thanks. That ip is the only thing that is linked so far. Been dilligent about using separate computer user accounts for each account. I have 2 backup accounts so far with 2 VPN locations/ips, then i use my regular computer account/normal IP for my main account.

I guess I'll let that ip linked account age & stop using it for a while. On my original account I currently only have non-vero stuff up. It's hard though because I have about 10K worth of stuff in my garage.