eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   Photo ID/SSN/Address Proof PayPal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/113659-photo-id-ssn-address-proof-paypal.html)

Yasav 12-28-2017 09:12 PM

Photo ID/SSN/Address Proof PayPal

What to do if PayPal requests photo ID/SSN/proof of address just a few days after registering a stealth account?

:help:

slokor 12-28-2017 10:42 PM

Re: Photo ID/SSN/Address Proof PayPal

Move to the next one and stop doing what it is youre doing to bring this sort of a situation about.

Yasav 12-28-2017 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slokor (Post 892673)
Move to the next one and stop doing what it is youre doing to bring this sort of a situation about.

It happened once on my legit account, as my sales were approaching 7k or so. Never had any suspensions/limits at all.

That's why I was wondering if the issue would repeat itself again, or this is just one of the new ways of PayPal verification. It would usually say like "In order to offer you certain products and services, we are required to verify your identity etc."

Any one had this before? What usually triggers this?

ScottieBoi 01-01-2018 12:29 PM

Been running a dozen stealth accounts for years and have never heard of this

rsot 01-01-2018 03:50 PM

Yasav, has this happened actually or are you just discussing probability? Not so clear to me

Yasav 01-04-2018 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 893196)
Yasav, has this happened actually or are you just discussing probability? Not so clear to me

It has happened on my previous account (under my own name) and I was asking what should I do if it happens again on a stealth account.

BaggaDonuts 01-04-2018 11:12 PM

I'd stay away from anything to do with SSNs on accounts. Avoid buying from anyone selling accounts with SSNs already attached. Its one thing to send in a phony ID and utility bill for some made up person, its another to use a random SSN that may actually belong to someone, and also getting phony SSN cards for verification.

If they ask all that, decline to provide the documents and ask that they close the account. Move on to the next

Vamoo 01-09-2018 09:32 PM

This is the one major step I hadn't grasped in the eBay Stealth method, and what has stopped me from going further up until now. I had this happen to me on my legitimate never-used resuscitated PayPal account after several years of inactivity. I tried to make a payment and they sent me a request for photo ID.
I'm quite certain they use facial recognition software to check those, so I've always been wondering how people beat the system after running out of relatives's drivers licences.

So, do I understand correctly in saying that this isn't a common issue at all?

Yasav 01-10-2018 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vamoo (Post 894537)
This is the one major step I hadn't grasped in the eBay Stealth method, and what has stopped me from going further up until now. I had this happen to me on my legitimate never-used resuscitated PayPal account after several years of inactivity. I tried to make a payment and they sent me a request for photo ID.
I'm quite certain they use facial recognition software to check those, so I've always been wondering how people beat the system after running out of relatives's drivers licences.

The strange thing is that they never requested it on my stealth account so far, but did request almost right away on my legit account.

Vamoo 01-10-2018 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yasav (Post 894549)
The strange thing is that they never requested it on my stealth account so far, but did request almost right away on my legit account.

Good to hear that. It's the weirdest thing though.

JamesNorth101 01-10-2018 07:46 AM

Quote:

I'm quite certain they use facial recognition software to check those

Any evidence for that?

ScottieBoi 01-10-2018 11:32 AM

Quote:

Did you just say "facial recognition software" and that you "ran out of relatives's drivers licences"?!? :shocked::doh:

Vamoo 01-10-2018 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottieBoi (Post 894624)
Did you just say "facial recognition software" and that you "ran out of relatives's drivers licences"?!? :shocked::doh:

No, I didn't.

Vamoo 01-10-2018 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 (Post 894585)
Any evidence for that?

No hard evidence of course, since I don't work for PayPal but the technology is far more widespread that many people would guess. It's extensively used everywhere from the Police, clubs, airports, Facebook... even entry-level home security cameras costing a mere £150 boast that feature.
I can't think of any reason why an overbearing and high-handed company like PayPal would require photo ID and then not cross-check it through its own database to prevent fraud.

ScottieBoi 01-11-2018 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vamoo (Post 894664)
No, I didn't.

Sure looks to me like you did. What do you mean by "running out of relatives's drivers licences." ?

Vamoo 02-09-2018 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottieBoi (Post 894800)
Sure looks to me like you did. What do you mean by "running out of relatives's drivers licences." ?

My posts is quite self-explanatory if you read it properly.
Facebook and AirBnB integrate facial recognition software on their platforms: do you really think PayPal doesn't? And how do you suppose they sift through all the IDs that are sent to them? manually perhaps?
And more importantly, do you think you could get away with sending two different legitimate IDs with the same picture and have them both approved?

http://i66.tinypic.com/2h7ghlv.png

MtnDew 03-16-2018 10:35 AM

Boy this thread took a turn. OP stated it was a few days after opening that they asked for this. Prolly did something wrong as SLOKOR said move on probably only have trouble for the foreseeable future with the account.

For the whole facial recog thing and huge pics in thread I think we have gotten of the topic of the thread. Guys keep it simple and sell. IMO