Sorry another Newbie full of questions but any help appreciated - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 02-09-2018
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 36%
Default Sorry another Newbie full of questions but any help appreciated

Hello Everyone,

Sorry another Newbie based in the UK, I have an ebay account which trades ok with good sales of approx. £25k per month, I would like to open another non linked ebay account firstly as a safety net and secondly to sell similar products to my main account but to diversify a little on specific products.

I Have read the guide which is very good but I would really appreciate it if experienced members could take a look at my set up and point out if I have missed anything or made any mistakes.

Here goes –

- Firstly I have set up a new limited company, this has a London service address with registered office (would this be a problem to use as my new ebay / paypal address?) I would like to use the London address but if not I do have my office address that I could use but I don’t get any utility bills to this office.
- I would like to open the ebay / paypal account with this business name (if I open an ebay business account do I need to give my name as well as the business name?)
- Again with regards to names if I do need to give an actual contact name for the business I intend to use my name but a variation, i.e. I would use my middle name as my first name , is this an issue?
- To run the account I will use a totally different laptop to the one I use for my main account and I intend to add a fresh Static IP to that laptop via VPN
- I have already opened a business bank account – however I opened it with Lloyds, I see this is not a preferred provider, will this be an issue with a business ebay / paypal account?
- Phone number, I’m a bit behind the curve on this one, I have an office number which I haven’t logged with ebay / paypal, however I have called them both from this number regarding the original account hence would I need a payg number?
- Credit card – I’m not sure on this one, the new bank account has a debit card, would this not suffice for the credit card or would I need a virtual card?
It’s a bit of a list and I’m a bit nervous but I am very keen to make this work, I understand that once I get the account going I will need to take it very slowly to build it up to a decent amount and again many thanks for any advice given
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-09-2018
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 63%
Default Re: Sorry another Newbie full of questions but any help appreciated

Welcome to the forum

You can easily do that but selling at that volume would take a long time to build upto

1 - That can be an issue as they can see the directors name on the limited company

2 - That's fine

3 - You are going to need to give an actual name

4 - That's good

5 - Business banks accounts with them are fine usually

6 - Just use a forwarding service or a PAYG number

7 - You would need a virtual card
The Following User Says Thank You to JamesNorth101 For This Useful Post:
Yetti (02-16-2018)
Old 02-09-2018
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Many thanks for taking the time out to help, much appreciated as I have no idea, I clearly should have read the book before going off creating limited companies and bank accounts.

If you could possibly clarify that would be great (as sorry I'm a bit thick and don't want to mess it up)

Point 1 re the limited company, and linked to that point 3 re the name.

I am thinking of using my actual middle name as first on the new account but still use my surname so the surname is common to both it this ok? If it is ok I have changed companies house data on the new business to reflect my middle name (so I've taken the first name out ie this would match the info I give to ebay) - so if this is ok then I am thinking of using the registered London address - would this generally be ok to use the london address rather than up north which is where I live and operate?

The above is my main area of concern that I'm a bit nervous on, I get the VPN and will sort that, I have a payg card or will use aql.com whcih I picked up from the forum and looks quite good and I will look at the tntropay virtual card - however if I got an actual credit card rather than debit card with my business bank accoutn would this be ok or is it the address that is the issue?

Again many thanks, without checking this forum and the guide I would have clearly screwed this up with my well trodden VPN and lots of other issues
Old 02-13-2018
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Hello again -

Would be great if anyone could clarify the points below

1. I have an account on ebay with my first name only ie Paul Smith - I want to use the contact name on the new account (linked to a new Ltd company) using my middle name - so it will be John Smith - My new limited company is also under the middle name only of John Smith - is this ok will I be ok and not linked using the different first name?

2. Can I use the registered address provided by the formation company and based in London - I am up north - we would base the VPN in London

3. I have a business bank account - could I use a credit card from this business bank account or would I need a VCC? (don't quite understand why I need a vcc rather than one linked to the company)

Many thanks again for any help
Old 02-16-2018
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

- Can anyone help or is this a bit of a new area, I'm waiting to go ahead but am a bit worried that I will blow my new company and bank acc