eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   USPS's FIRST scan was "DELIVERED" scan???? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/116926-uspss-first-scan-delivered-scan.html)

jakobrockz 04-22-2018 09:46 PM

USPS's FIRST scan was "DELIVERED" scan????

What the hell?

Instead of accepted scan, it was immediately marked as delivered. No other scans on these packages for days.

A couple got accepted in X city, and traveled 10 miles to the boarding city and then was marked as delivered "to agent".

Lost 10-15 packages. I don't think I'd be able to prove I'm the owner of these packages as I don't have a real ID for the return addresses.

Anyone else experience this?

phaz0rz 04-23-2018 07:20 AM

Re: USPS's FIRST scan was "DELIVERED" scan????

I have. You were screwed over by your mail carrier's mistake. None of the shipments will show any further updates since your carrier marked it as delivered on the first scan. You probably had some incoming mail that day, and he/she forgot to change the scanner gun from "delivered" to "accepted" mode. We once had a little over 100 shipments picked up and marked as being "delivered to Lake Worth, FL". Took a loss on almost all of them.

nate 04-23-2018 07:27 AM

That isn't true 100% of the time...

I had a package get scanned as delivered on 1st scan.

Seller contacted me wanted to know WTF?

I watched the package... As soon as it hit the next stop tracking updated, it still said delivered but the rest of the scans followed. With a second Delivery scan at delivery location.

phaz0rz 04-23-2018 07:41 AM

Ah, I stand corrected then. Guess it could go either way. For me it was a total nightmare that lasted over a month.

jakobrockz 04-23-2018 09:06 AM

Yep I went thru one by one on all of the trackings and 2 of them continued the shipping process but has been stuck at the same facility for 12 days (both sent to the same state, so same facility) and all of the other ones haven't left my city.

Do they have a big bin of "dead mail" like Family Guy was showing in one of their recent episodes? LOL

phaz0rz 04-23-2018 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakobrockz (Post 916324)
Do they have a big bin of "dead mail" like Family Guy was showing in one of their recent episodes? LOL

They have a warehouse full of it, which they auction off on Govdeals. It's called the "Mail Recovery Center".

They don't have any auctions up currently, but this is where they sell off dead mail:

https://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?f...ew&agency=4703

and here's info about the warehouse:

https://about.usps.com/postal-bullet...l/info_005.htm

ebaystealth1974 04-23-2018 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 916303)
Took a loss on almost all of them.

Are you saying that the mail just went nowhere?

phaz0rz 04-23-2018 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebaystealth1974 (Post 916352)
Are you saying that the mail just went nowhere?

Yup. I'm thinking they all eventually ended up in the dead mail place.

All they ever said was "Delivered in Lake Worth, FL on XX/XX/XX." I still have a form letter saved in my documents that I was sending to all of those customers as they messaged me asking why their order was delivered in the wrong zip code.

ebaystealth1974 04-23-2018 12:53 PM

Wow.........

bluegrass1 04-23-2018 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 916378)
Yup. I'm thinking they all eventually ended up in the dead mail place.

All they ever said was "Delivered in Lake Worth, FL on XX/XX/XX." I still have a form letter saved in my documents that I was sending to all of those customers as they messaged me asking why their order was delivered in the wrong zip code.

I have had this very thing to happen , the locals were no help . When i finally tracked down the state postal inspector demanding a trace He shook everything loose somehow , they had all set dead for 3-4days no update other than the first scan that showed delivered ,He called and told me that they had been located it was an "report" error and the packages would be "forwarded" for delivery . That said if your packages gets returned to a stealth name ,little chance of getting them to release it to you without a matching I.D.

Canadianleaf 04-24-2018 06:41 AM

Tough situation jakobrockz

It appears these are return items from your stealth account and the courier screwed up and you won't be able to pick up the packages without matching ID.

You may be able to:

1) Print off and bring shipment details from your amazon account to the courier pickup location and state your ID doesn't have the same address as your "business" return address and try to explain a understandable story - maybe you will get a sympathetic clerk who will try to help you isnt apathetic / rude / sassy.

2) Make a claim with Amazon that the packages were never delivered - I've had cases where Amazon would refund me "courtesy" refunds despite the tracking showing delivered (which it was not like you case) - but these were for Amazon purchases - not returns.

3) If these were items you bought on Amazon the seller may be able to help and offer a refund. Some sellers are very courteous and its easier to take a small loss if the items not worth much to please customers. I've had situations where hundreds of items were delivered to my porch left in the rain or simply not there and they would just refund to resolve the problem.

4) File an insurance claim with USPS - although I think this may be pipe dream since the tracking will conflict with your argument - the agent investationing if they care at all may try to help you out further.

If you can't find a solution may have to take a loss unfortunately. I hope you can find a resolution though.

Yasav 05-04-2018 12:30 AM

I had the same issue! Never had this happen before.

I got a message from a buyer recently saying that it was delivered to the wrong place!

WTF! Are they just delivering to the return address instead of the shipping address?

dealagreeproceed 05-05-2018 01:00 AM

seen this before... mistake on their end... give it a few days it will be delivered to correct address....