eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   Check out these for phone verification (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/11853-check-out-these-phone-verification.html)

idiotbay 06-30-2009 11:42 AM

Check out these for phone verification

hi all.

Just looking for virtual phone numbers that will call forward, i give up with AQL and soho66, just cant seem to work them. I dont really understand how them kind of numbers work.

I have always used jetnumbers, but looking for a new alternative, so does anyone have any experience with the following :

0800 numbers 0845 numbers 0844 numbers and 0871 numbers

0845 numbers | 0871 numbers | 0800 freephone numbers | 03 UK Wide Numbers : Switchnumbers

thanks for any info

Penya 06-30-2009 12:44 PM

Hi idiotbay, can I just ask you what exactly didn't work for with aql, verification or the service didn't work at all?
Thanks

idiotbay 06-30-2009 02:21 PM

hi, its ok now i have seemed to get soho66 to work, an i verified a new account today all went well. Penya i didnt try it with verification, i just was confused and i couldnt get my number to ring , lol

thanks anyway

City Numbers Ltd 01-20-2010 11:43 AM

Virtual Local Numbers

Hi all

City Numbers here and we have been receiving lots of orders for virtual local numbers and now we understand why. The issue here is that lots of people have been ordering and then not paying for the numbers on a monthly basis leaving us with bad debt. Because of this payment issue we are now only selling virtual local numbers to genuine companies in the UK. Our ordering process will change and orders with free email addresses such as (gmail, goodlemail, hotmail, live, mail, yahoo and many more) will be inspected and called by one of our team. If you are a legitimate business and need this service then you will have no issue at all but if you are only going to use it one and then never pay us then there will be a problem.

We have been contacted by Ebay twice this week asking for details of 2 customers who are selling laptops and iphones fraudulently and as the police have been involved we have had to pass on customer details.

All our numbers are REAL UK landline numbers and not VOIP which means Ebay will be able to trace the numbers to us and then to you.

If you are considering using our service for fraudulent use then we have tightened our processes to ensure that we are not stung (we have costs to pay too).

I will be happy to respond to any questions you may have about this post.

Kind regards
Craig
0800 numbers 0845 numbers 0844 numbers & 0871 phone numbers

charlesb 01-20-2010 11:45 AM

hello. i have used soho66 and tested it from my home phone and it works no problems. you have to download a softphone ( get x-lite) and then put in the domain and password details that can be found in your soho account info.
its only 2 quid per number and u have a good choice of numbers from any area u want

oompaloompa 01-20-2010 01:21 PM

^^ citynumbers, yes you have real numbers on a min contract basis, not voip-based type.

I can understand why you are miffed, this forum is not designed for fraudsters, in fact when we get dodgy questions, we can usually spot them..but if you have any experience of ebay and paypal sellers (just do a google search for the amount of complaints they have) you will see that you can get suspended for various reasons...and need to change your details or you want to have multiple accounts that are not linked and therefore dont all go down in a row...etc...

beware all fraudsters, if you get enough complaints, no company will protect your details from the law...although Im not sure you have the right to pass details on to ebay, even if they do say it is a police matter, direct to the police maybe. What about data protection, is it in your terms and conditions that you will pass details to any party, ebay/paypal are just any party, they are not a Government agency, if so I wouldnt use that kind of service.. Can you clarify, its just the way you phrased it...ebay will be able to trace your number to us and then to you..thats pretty lax data protection....not all privacy issues mean fraud and also many of your customers from ebay are likely not to be companies but individuals, trading to a greater or lesser extent..

charles re soho - Have you done paypal location call with any of these?

charlesb 01-20-2010 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oompaloompa (Post 120841)
^^ citynumbers, yes you have real numbers as opposed to voip on a contract basis. I can understand why you are miffed, this forum is not designed for fraudsters..but if you have any experience of ebay and paypal (just do a google search) you will see that you can get suspended for various reasons...and need to change your details or you want to have multiple accounts that are not linked and therefore dont all go down in a row...etc...

beware all fraudsters, if you get enough complaints, no company will protect your details from the law...although Im not sure you have the right to pass details on to ebay, only possibly to the police, what about data protection, is it in your terms and conditions that you will pass details to any party, if so I wouldnt use that kind of service?

charles re soho - Have you done paypal location call with any of these?

hi ompa, no i havent yet, as I only created the accounts on saturday/monday. But judging by my test i would assume that it works fine. You even have the option of your new number appearing when dialing out from your soft phone.

as soon as i do my ebay/pay pal location run, i'll let you know how it went, but so far so good.

oompaloompa 01-20-2010 02:50 PM

charles, the run you did eg. seller account creation, is not location verification..what you have done accepts any landline based number (voip or otherwise) doesnt need to be anywhere near location...even 056 numbers work for that purpose..so please note the difference, and read up on the forum, if the number doesnt match well for paypal location verification (done to lift withdrawal and sending limit) a letter with code goes to address and takes up to 25 days to arrive in UK..

City Numbers Ltd 01-21-2010 03:13 AM

Virtual Local Phone Numbers

^^ oompaloompa - Thank you for posting a reply to my forum note.

I am sorry - I think I should have made nyself clearer regarding our data protection for our customers. I can confirm that we do comply with data protection laws in the UK but the 2 instances where we had to give information to the police required us to do so. The police can issue us with a disclosure document that forces us to hand over information on suspects if it is a criminal matter.

It was when the police started to get involved that we became concerned that the numbers were being used for fraud. Our companmy is here to supply numbers to organisations and for legitimate business use.

I am afraid that it is the minority that have spoilt it for the majority (again!). Now we treat every individual who takes a number (without a company name or business email address) as a potential bad debt customer and potential fraud.

It is such a shame as our service would work perfectly for the legitimate readers of this web forum.

The examples that were sent to the police were very extreme and if you want to speak to me directly about this please PM me and I will explain further.

I just want to finish off by saying that this forum is a great location and makes very interesting reading. I wish all the genuine people on this site all the best.

Kind regards
Craig

dburnside 01-21-2010 07:23 PM

it is a shame fraudsters are starting to ruin it for everybody, vast majority on here are just selling legitimate goods to make themselves a little extra money

captainjack1980 01-22-2010 03:19 AM

These companies are 10 a penny!

There are plenty more that let you create local numbers and don't care how long you keep them.

CaptainJack

NZT 01-22-2010 09:18 AM

Yes and these are the best ones, numbers with a minimum contract are a pain. If these miniumum contract is 12 months and you lose an account at month 3 then the number is useless.

Tamar is one with this policy.

charlesb 01-22-2010 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oompaloompa (Post 120856)
charles, the run you did eg. seller account creation, is not location verification..what you have done accepts any landline based number (voip or otherwise) doesnt need to be anywhere near location...even 056 numbers work for that purpose..so please note the difference, and read up on the forum, if the number doesnt match well for paypal location verification (done to lift withdrawal and sending limit) a letter with code goes to address and takes up to 25 days to arrive in UK..

i can confirm now that soho66 works for paypal verification. I just completed it as part of lifting limits.
paypal give you a 4 number code and when your phone rings you have to type in the code and thats it youve just confirmed your number instantly.

cheers

paypalpains 01-22-2010 10:04 AM

remove

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlesb (Post 121291)
i can confirm now that soho66 works for paypal verification. I just completed it as part of lifting limits.
paypal give you a 4 number code and when your phone rings you have to type in the code and thats it youve just confirmed your number instantly.

cheers

Hi, I think if this is the case, then this thread should be removed!!!!!!

Just to add, seeing as this is the hardest thing to come by, this thread at the very least should be made for those who have contributed and added something to the site, or have purchased the stealth book.

Call me selfish :) But this is like striking gold, and you wouldnt want to shout about that now would you.

Thank you to Charles for sharing, but a thread should be opened " guaranteed phone verification for paypal request" and those who want it should be vetted by admins.

captainjack1980 01-22-2010 10:57 AM

I have moved to the subscriber-discussions forum.

However I would suggest that this isn't particularly sensitive information.... There are a number of virtual number providers that work fine for PP verification.

CaptainJack

charlesb 01-22-2010 11:43 AM

hi guys, i can also confirm it just worked with flea bay confirmation too.
i just blared up the speakers!
i hope i havent revealed this to the wrong eyes!

captainjack1980 01-22-2010 11:45 AM

No don't worry about it. I've recommended the service I use a number of times.

Thanks for sharing your success story.

CaptainJack

oompaloompa 01-22-2010 01:46 PM

From the companies point of view, they must have to purchase the number and they must have costs, with regard to which point they break even and are in profit, I dont know, but I doubt its at the month mark, so purely from a business point of view, these companies, will crack down on people purchasing and then cancelling numbers in this way, whether voip or virtual..so if you do this, best to use a number of providers.
Other thing of course is that this turnover of numbers will eventually lead to some users hitting a recycled banned number..so there are advantages to keeping a number........

NZT 01-23-2010 05:53 AM

Charles is there a minimum contract for soho66 or can you cancel at any time?

NZT 01-23-2010 05:56 AM

This is the problem I have. while soho66 looks promising my area code is not even available. This is the stumbling block I have every time. As this is the case I am currently reliant on letter communications which take 20 days each time.