eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   Searched but unsure: Can I reuse Verizon LTE Mifi? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/122317-searched-but-unsure-can-i-reuse-verizon-lte-mifi.html)

ovidiu 12-09-2018 02:33 AM

Searched but unsure: Can I reuse Verizon LTE Mifi?

I looked around to find an answer before posting, but wasn't sure about what I found. I have a Verizon Novatel Mifi 7730L that is running on a proper Verizon subscription on 4G LTE.

Was using it (dedicated) for one stealth account for a couple months (maybe 3 or 4), then switched to tethering thru a dedicated phone. Last time I used it was about two months ago. Never did IP logging because it was for only one account.

How dangerous is it to start re-using this card for a whole new account I need to grow?

TGMT² 12-09-2018 05:29 AM

Re: Searched but unsure: Can I reuse Verizon LTE Mifi?

Most likely you'll be fine.

But I would keep it plugged in 24/7 for a few weeks while you're starting the new account so you won't keep bouncing IP's.

What I did, is buy a micro USB (non-data) charge only cord and keep it plugged into a PC in the USB 2.0 port. I do this and it never gets hot, it's like a trickle charge.

Search eBay for this: Generic 6ft Charging ONLY Micro USB Cable for Samsung Galaxy S5 Active Sport S4

ovidiu 12-09-2018 07:23 PM

Well the account is purchased, I just need to log in and start using it. Problem with keeping the mifi on all the time is the amount of data that gets wasted by the OS, and I suspect verizon pads the bill on these. I use the 10GB on these cards like nothing, halfway through the month with light use, but when tethering with sprint on the other account, I can literally leave the VM on all the time and connected and barely hit 8 or 9gb in a month.

MM78 12-12-2018 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ovidiu (Post 963765)
Well the account is purchased, I just need to log in and start using it. Problem with keeping the mifi on all the time is the amount of data that gets wasted by the OS, and I suspect verizon pads the bill on these. I use the 10GB on these cards like nothing, halfway through the month with light use, but when tethering with sprint on the other account, I can literally leave the VM on all the time and connected and barely hit 8 or 9gb in a month.

Look into AT&T Unlimited Data Plans, (hint: look on ebay, not AT&T Website).

ovidiu 12-13-2018 04:29 AM

OK I see the plans you are talking about. I have used AT&T before switching to verizon. I was on a regular 50 buck a month plan and their service sucked at my old location, but is OK at my new one. Last time I used AT&T was over half a year ago, so I'm guessing it won't matter that I never logged IP's?

Zilligenaire 12-16-2018 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ovidiu (Post 964355)
OK I see the plans you are talking about. I have used AT&T before switching to verizon. I was on a regular 50 buck a month plan and their service sucked at my old location, but is OK at my new one. Last time I used AT&T was over half a year ago, so I'm guessing it won't matter that I never logged IP's?

You should be fine. They sell the $30/m ATT Unlimited Data plans on eBay.

Czar 12-26-2018 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zilligenaire (Post 965036)
You should be fine. They sell the $30/m ATT Unlimited Data plans on eBay.

Would it not be possible to use a phone hotspot with Google Fi for unlimited data?

rsot 12-26-2018 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Czar (Post 966857)
Would it not be possible to use a phone hotspot with Google Fi for unlimited data?

Would you not still need a data plan/access service for this?

ovidiu 12-27-2018 04:15 AM

I went with the AT&T hotspot plan that you guys recommended. Thank you for that, as I didn't know those were available.

Sprint has 50gb free hotspot per line now, and I use one of my lines exclusively for my main account.