eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   Solid plan? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/123680-solid-plan.html)

DaveS 02-02-2019 08:54 AM

Solid plan?

Hi folks,

I'm a long time ebayer (13 years full time) but just delving into the world of stealth accounts.

I'm looking to set up a stealth account or 2 with a couple of purposes:

- Insurance in case anything happens to my main accounts
- I want to run some duplicate listings to try out different stuff (higher price with promoted listings for example)

I'm in the UK. It's VITAL that my main accounts aren't compromised as they are my livelihood

I've read the guide and my plan is like this:

Cookies
Reinstall windows on an old laptop and use it exclusively for my stealth account

IP address
I have a second internet connection on a 4G router which I'll use for my stealth. This gives me a dynamic IP, although I assume they are commonly recycled. I might take it one step further and run through a VPN

Name

I'm not sure on this, the guide doesn't go into enough detail for my liking. I have quite an unusual surname which might complicate things. My worry is that I'll get linked back to my original main accounts

Email
Gmail with images switched off

Address

Either a mail forwarding service like scanmypost.com or a Safestore type place on their cheapest plan

Phone
Giffgaff prepaid sim in an old phone

Bank
New First direct account? Any recommendations appreciated

Credit card
Guide didn't really help me here. Seems like a VCC for UK people. Any help appreciated!

Regarding the duplicate listings. I'll reword titles and descriptions and take new photos (on a different camera??). However, I own a couple of brands that I sell on my main accounts. Would it be a bad idea to list the same brands? ie. Should I avoid mentioning the brand name and try to photograph the items without the branding showing?

Anyone's thoughts on any of that would be good!

Once I've got my head around everything, I might just buy an account to skip a few steps, but I'd like to understand everything properly first.

Thanks!

oompaloompa 05-04-2019 01:14 PM

Re: Solid plan?

It is everything new. cookies and ip are the main ones, details, bank card etc.
vcc can be bought at a supermarket, prepaid.

you said it is vital the main accounts are not compromised, there is not a guarantee, so you can make the accounts but be very careful not to do any violations, so even if it is linked , it does not affect the main account and you keep it ticking over as your insurance.