eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   What to do? Tech /new Laptop question (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/124366-what-do-tech-new-laptop-question.html)

HurricaneHuntr 02-28-2019 12:41 AM

What to do? Tech /new Laptop question

I have a nice about 4-5 year old laptop MSI gaming laptop, which i bought with my business for my accounts, well... Now the darn thing only will work when plugged in, so if i want to use my laptop with all the stuff on it, i need to be plugged in.. I contacted MSI and they want me to send them my laptop for battery repair, since it's a gaming laptop, it's well placed inside the housing. Of course i can't do that, because my business stuff is on it and i can't go a week with no access to an ebay or pp etc. .So i figured the best option would be to buy a new pc, and just migrate it all over, is that possible to migrate the entire pc and user id's over to a new windows 10 laptop without any data loss, or paypal or ebay having a security fit over it? I have a few accounts where i worry if this laptop crashes, if i have to recreate it all over again on a new pc... they will ask for call etc... which some of these older accoutns the gv i let expire.. like an idiot. But, as long as i have access to my laptop, they don't ask questions, since it's a 10+ year seeded accounts

phaz0rz 02-28-2019 07:37 AM

Re: What to do? Tech /new Laptop question

I cloned my hard drive the last time I upgraded. Pretty easily done if you can drop $5 on a USB to SATA converter.

newjerseymax 03-01-2019 10:16 AM

Yes you can. Ive done the whole cloning/copy thing and ran into some hard walls when a lot of programs are specifically set up to work with particular PC. It was just easier in long run to get a cheap sub $300 laptop.

phaz0rz 03-01-2019 10:19 AM

The only issue I had was a few driver incompatibilities between the two laptops. There are plenty of software options to fix drivers on the new system after the hard drive swap.

I've never heard of a piece of software being designed to work on only one computer, unless you're talking about enterprise-grade custom business software.

I don't understand the point of buying a cheaper laptop instead because you'd still need to transfer all your user data to the cheaper laptop instead of a more expensive laptop.