eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   Is Entropay the problem??? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/12493-entropay-problem.html)

Ebayorbust 08-06-2009 10:29 AM

Is Entropay the problem???

Hi,

I have just lost yet another "stealth" Ebay account. I am raging as I had only just added the bank account to the Paypal account earlier today. The account was seller verified about a week ago using Entropay and a proper landline. There was no seller activity on the Ebay account but I had bought a few low value tangible items to get the account going.

Have I lost the account because I seller verified the Ebay account with Entropay rather than a verified and confirmed PP account? Or is it because I am creating seller accounts without having the confirmed PP account to back it up?

This is about the fifth Ebay account lost in the last three weeks. All have been hit with Registration Suspension MC081. I have actual docs to appeal two of them but any advice on how best to proceed would be appreciated.

Regards.

Ebayorbust 08-06-2009 10:32 AM

My concern is that as all the email addresses are Gmail and the Entropay card numbers are so similar, that my accounts are being systematically targetted.:confused:

Also, with the bank account that I added this morning. Could I just remove the bank account and re-use it at a later date on another account as the small deposits have not been confirmed? Who's to say that that say the sortcode wasn't correct? Thoughts on this greatly appreciated as it is the bank accounts that are the bu@@er to lose.

bluemoon999 08-06-2009 11:19 AM

Then switch to CashPlus.co.uk

Ebayorbust 08-06-2009 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluemoon999 (Post 97512)
Then switch to CashPlus.co.uk

I will if the general consensus is that Entropay is causing the problem. With the above, how many cards can you get with them and is there any problem changing the address etc?

I'm thinking that I have been suspended for creating the seller accounts on Ebay to early.

Also, given the bank account was never confirmed on the account and removed within hours of being added, surely there is a good chance of getting to use this at a later date as it has never been used to fully verify a PP account. This would seem fairly sensible as this allows for mistakes to be made when entering account details eg wrong sort code / acc number. I know the account would be a "gonner" for certain had the account been verified. What do you guys reckon??

bluemoon999 08-06-2009 11:59 AM

I never use CashPlus.co.uk cause i'm in USA.

People from UK, please assist.

GreenBean 08-06-2009 10:10 PM

To sell successfully on ebay uk, you need a fully verified paypal. The system 'appears' to let you sign up and it 'appears' you are ready to go with what you said you have done. It does not work. Over the past 6 weeks ebay uk is taking down accounts that are not made in workable order.
paypal must be verified first before linking to your matching ebay.That paypal must have an attached bank account that allows direct debit mandate. When the two deposits are in that verifies paypal, then you link to ebay and that gets you going.
Entropay is not a problem. It's the way you are doing things. I use entropay, my numbers are all within a certain range. My accounts are OK.
I read in another post about paypal, no phone and getting sellers' verification? where did that idea originate? I am worried that some of your info is outdated or useless.
Sadly since the bank account sort number & account number hit the paypal system it is no use for paypal/ebay at all.:tears:

Ebayorbust 08-07-2009 01:05 AM

Thanks for clarifying Greenbean. Totally clear on how to proceed now.

The verification I was talking about was Paypal - not Ebay. I was told that it is possible to avoid phone verification to confirm the Paypal account so long as the bank account is added and then a credit card is linked to confirm address. I know phone verification is essential on Ebay to sell but was told it was not essential for Paypal to get confirmed and verified.

Regards.

bluemoon999 08-07-2009 06:37 AM

I don't think paypal has that kinda automatic call system/feature for verification, someone(a real rep) will probably call only when their system smells out something, am I right?

GreenBean 08-07-2009 06:40 AM

^^^Agreed. Still not sure where this 'idea' came from: besides a phone number is best for their nasty surprises :pout:

captainjack1980 08-07-2009 06:53 AM

Hi, I can also confirm no problems with entropay.

I may be wrong but I don't think PayPal UK confirm address by credit card - I have always had to do the phone verification to confirm address even though I have added card details. It may be because of the order I do things though.

I create my Ebay account, then paypal (through Ebay link at account creation stage), then add card to paypal, then upgrade both to seller accounts (with phone confirmation on both) then finally add bank and get fully verified - then start selling. I always have identical details on Ebay and Paypal. The only reason I do it this way is because i find getting enough bank accounts up and running holds me back and I like to have lots of accounts ageing.

CaptainJack

Ebayorbust 08-08-2009 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captainjack1980 (Post 97640)
Hi, I can also confirm no problems with entropay.

I may be wrong but I don't think PayPal UK confirm address by credit card - I have always had to do the phone verification to confirm address even though I have added card details. It may be because of the order I do things though.

I create my Ebay account, then paypal (through Ebay link at account creation stage), then add card to paypal, then upgrade both to seller accounts (with phone confirmation on both) then finally add bank and get fully verified - then start selling. I always have identical details on Ebay and Paypal. The only reason I do it this way is because i find getting enough bank accounts up and running holds me back and I like to have lots of accounts ageing.

CaptainJack

This was the order I was doing things in when I lost all my accounts. Doing it this way there is a time period when you have an ebay seller account that does not have a verified paypal account linked to it.

It says on the site that adding a credit or debit card can be used to confirm address. I think this option only works after the bank account has been added and the account verified. You then get the option to "link" and debit or credit card that has been added by entering the four digit expuse number.

Ebayorbust 08-08-2009 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 97637)
^^^Agreed. Still not sure where this 'idea' came from: besides a phone number is best for their nasty surprises :pout:

The "idea" as you put it came from this thread here:

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay...as-needed.html

I asked the question in post 5, regarding the necessity to confirm a paypal account by phone and got the response in post 6.

Have I asked a misleading question or have I misinterpreted the answer?

I am talking about confirming a Paypal account here, not creating an Ebay seller account (which I am well aware requires phone verification).

I do have working relevant geographic numbers for all my accounts anyway. I just do not want to wait several weeks for a code to be sent if the phone verification were to fail for whatever reason. Hence the reason for asking if there was another way to confirm address on a Paypal account other than by phone.

GreenBean 08-08-2009 07:42 AM

S'long as all is OK now,'burst! :peace:

captainjack1980 08-09-2009 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebayorbust (Post 97743)
This was the order I was doing things in when I lost all my accounts. Doing it this way there is a time period when you have an ebay seller account that does not have a verified paypal account linked to it.

It says on the site that adding a credit or debit card can be used to confirm address. I think this option only works after the bank account has been added and the account verified. You then get the option to "link" and debit or credit card that has been added by entering the four digit expuse number.

You are right, I just checked and I have the option to link and confirm my card now on verified accounts. So far I haven't lost any Ebay accounts though for being linked to unverified Paypal accounts, touch wood.

Captain Jack