Stealth Book Needs Updating - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 08-09-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 86%
Default Stealth Book Needs Updating

Hello fellow members...

I purchased the Stealth Book and read it several times and also did a lot of reading on the forums here.

Here is what I gathered so far from various notes and posts...

Set up Ebay Account
------------------
1. Change IP address (change last 2 pairs of mac address on router)
2. Use a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name on "new" ebay account
3. New Address (Virtual Address or P.O Box)
4. New phone number (real working phone number) (my1voice - virtual Phone Service for Small Business)
5. Paypal: Sign up for a Paypal account using a new bank account and giftcard (simon.com). Use the same account details you have for eBay
6. New Credit Card (virtual credit card to verify eBay). I recommend simon. (entropay is good to use as a vcc). Update - Simon no longer working? Entropay does not work for members that live in the US?
7. Create your new eBay account - Use your ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name, address and phone number to signup for eBay. Verify your eBay account. Add your giftcard for your seller account.
8. Paypal Account To EBay - Select if you're going to use Paypal or Merchant account
9. Slowly Start Listing

ebay, paypal and credit (gift) card are all registered with the same ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name, address, phone, credit card, etc. The only real thing is my bank account number on paypal

OK, for Stealth account:
1. You open checking in your real name, UPS address.
2. You get that bank account debit card tied to this checking account.
3. You open PayPal account with ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name and right debit card and UPS box address.
4. You open Ebay account with same info you gave Paypal.
I give just my real name when I open checking account in the bank. I use this checking accounts with debit card in my real name

But from reading the forum, some of the steps provided in the Stealth Book are no longer working.

Can Apkin or other veteran members provide updated methods in creating ebay and paypal accounts.

Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-09-2009

Longevity: 96%

I think the most notable difference is that the Simon cards and most other prepaids will no longer work as a method for registering to pay your ebay fees.
However if you have been reading the forums here you will know that the Simon card can be used to set up a Paypal account which can then be used for paying the ebay fees in place of the giftcard.
I think everything else is pretty much the same...will be setting up another new account myself this week so I guess I'll find out.
Old 08-09-2009
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the clarification on how to use the Simon gift card. I will try it this week to set up my Paypal account.
Old 08-10-2009

DEfinately, thanks for the info. I found one Gift card that works and that is what I have been usingto the delight of the bank of course.
Old 08-10-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

Just so happens there is already a thread where we've been discussing the upcoming stealth guide 3.0. That thread is probably a month old already and the editing of the ebook will of course take time. Recent and multiple changes happening quickly is not making Aspkins job easy. The minute something happens, it's already changing again.

The reason the forum is here is to keep each other informed BETWEEN releases of new version of ebook. The forum was not meant to be a free version of the guide. The guide can't be rewritten every week.

Each of your points has already been addressed in at least one thread here somewhere with posts already included.

Read. Use the search function. Especially check the forum news threads. You would have seen that your submission has been plenty accounted for. This thread is just clutter.

On a side note: What's a smurf doing in the lime garden?

Last edited by Vicvelcro; 08-10-2009 at 01:28 AM.
Old 08-10-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Problem is that the OP will not get a chance to read any of this