Buyer shut me down. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 08-11-2009

Activity: 2%
Longevity: 85%
Default Buyer shut me down.

Hello, really short story because dont have much time. At the moment I am very angry so maybe you can help me . I had one account for 3 years, 1300+ possitive no negative feedbacks. Power seller. Auctions listed 600+. Two competitors. I created new listening format two days back and starting to sell 10X more and more. After two days, one fresh buyer account bought from me, go to ebay and paypal reported that it is not legal 10 minutes after he won, but it is legal realy not conterfeit and now I am suspended. The account is not stealth. Ebay called me but when in USA day in Lithuania night. Please help me.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-11-2009
Vicvelcro

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 0%

If the buyer reported it 10 minutes after the purchase, as you say...

Logic would dictate that the buyer is attempting to scam. Now, we all know what's really going on - if what you say is true. It's a competitor out to get you. Point is, your best argument to PP is that the buyer is obviously making a false allegation as they could not possibly have received the item in 10 minutes.

Logic (plan b) is that you aren't telling the whole story, and something significant is missing which would prevent any meaningful analysis.
Old 08-11-2009
Threadstarter  

The story is true. Look we are selling the same item but getting it from different places. The poing is, that the competitor is buying much higher, have 500+ possitives and the auction looks bad. I reported to ebay, but now I am out of business. Second thing is I am afraid to report to paypal because have money and the account is alive at the moment.
Old 08-11-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by moloko View Post
Hello, really short story because dont have much time. At the moment I am very angry so maybe you can help me . I had one account for 3 years, 1300+ possitive no negative feedbacks. Power seller. Auctions listed 600+. Two competitors. I created new listening format two days back and starting to sell 10X more and more. After two days, one fresh buyer account bought from me, go to ebay and paypal reported that it is not legal 10 minutes after he won, but it is legal realy not conterfeit and now I am suspended. The account is not stealth. Ebay called me but when in USA day in Lithuania night. Please help me.

If you want help make the time. Unless it was a digital delivery item HTF could the buyer get it in 10 minutes? Please.....if all is kosher defend yourself.
Old 08-11-2009
Vicvelcro

I never accused you of presenting a falsehood. The thought never crossed my mind. What I was saying is that MAYBE you were holding back some proprietary information or specific detail normally not shared publicly BUT which may be necessary for us to know in order that we may better assist you. So take a deep breath and relax.

This whole RUSH to fix this right now is a waste and stressful. This type of thing does not get fixed quickly. eBay will take their time no matter how much you push to speed it up. So take the time for caution and care. Be meticulous about correcting the problem. If you hurry and phuck up, you're doomed because you think like a crackhead. eBay being slow means YOU CAN TAKE YOUR TIME to be thorough. Get it?

Now, right below, in your own words, you say you reported to ebay. Are you saying you told on your competitor first and tried to stab him/her in the back but that it didn't work BUT when your competitor decided to give back the same gift, you got burned? If that's what happened, then you asked for it. You deserved it.

If I misunderstood the way you phrased that, then my previous paragraph does not apply and you may disregard it.

Why are you afraid of Paypal? Is the problem with eBay or Paypal. You have me even more confused now. You are going to have to communicate with them, whoever 'them' is. We can't fix this with magic words like "abra capocus" and "all a balla peanut butter sandwiches".

First you say you need help fast. Now you say the account is alive. You snitched out the other guy, failed, got snitched on, and you are afraid of something.

Why do I feel the impending need for baking soda and perfume?

Perhaps you go smoke a cigarette, think it over, come back. And try again from the beginning and be more clear when you do so. No hurries. Calm. Mellow. Relax.

Quote:
The story is true. Look we are selling the same item but getting it from different places. The poing is, that the competitor is buying much higher, have 500+ possitives and the auction looks bad. I reported to ebay, but now I am out of business. Second thing is I am afraid to report to paypal because have money and the account is alive at the moment.
See everyone? I pegged it on the first try. Again.
First it was a buyer. Now that I guessed it in print, this person tells us what they ALREADY knew but was hiding from us. Knew it was a competitor, not just a simple buyer.

Last edited by Vicvelcro; 08-11-2009 at 03:14 AM. Reason: Had to change some PPs into eBays - OP tangled my brain.
Old 08-11-2009
Threadstarter  

Thank you for post, ok I will calm down and try to introduce to the problem and how it came up.
Story:
I and my competitors are selling same thing about half year. I always track everything what they sell and quantities also. May profit was 5-6 time less. I researched every aspect to get more profit and figured that it is all in auction description. I wrote better description, more accurate and providing more details about the item. Photos were more professional, description was written by my friend who is a professional at English speech. My feedback score was 2.5 times bigger. So I completed my new auction look three days ago. After two days I sold much more I expected before and calculated that if it goes for a month I will get big profit like my competitors and I understand that all buyers now goes to me to buy. So in the morning like every day wake up, sign in to the email and look 15 emails, one email that listening removed copyright violation, second unsuccessful phone call from eBay, third account suspended and fourth from PayPal that dispute opened on me from one buyer. So I contacted eBay live support and they forwarded me to contact trust and safety. I explained whole story in email (with no words such as hurry and so on). Very gently email. After that sent items that was sold till suspension. Go to PayPal and see that it is alive. Ok go to resolution center and see the dispute, buyer four words “This is a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ item.“. So I am afraid of paypal, maybe if my ebay account suspended paypal may suspend my account too. And I have some money left.
What I want:
I want simple get back to business because this account was 3 years old never negative received and not stealth.
Sorry for that now in my head absolutely mess. If you don’t understand now I will try to explain more and more accurate.
Old 08-11-2009
Vicvelcro

Ok, that is much more clear.

Quote:
Thank you for post, ok I will calm down and try to introduce to the problem and how it came up.

Reasonable plan, good execution. Well played using your strengths. (competition hates that)

Quote:
Story:
I and my competitors are selling same thing about half year. I always track everything what they sell and quantities also. May profit was 5-6 time less. I researched every aspect to get more profit and figured that it is all in auction description. I wrote better description, more accurate and providing more details about the item. Photos were more professional, description was written by my friend who is a professional at English speech. My feedback score was 2.5 times bigger. So I completed my new auction look three days ago.

The sudden increase in sales volume would have got you anyhow, but easier to fix if THAT had happened.

Quote:
After two days I sold much more I expected before and calculated that if it goes for a month I will get big profit like my competitors and I understand that all buyers now goes to me to buy.

And here is where you panic'd. That's a normal reaction.

Quote:
So in the morning like every day wake up, sign in to the email and look 15 emails, one email that listening removed copyright violation, second unsuccessful phone call from eBay, third account suspended and fourth from PayPal that dispute opened on me from one buyer.

Ok, still doing pretty good, so far.

Quote:
So I contacted eBay live support and they forwarded me to contact trust and safety. I explained whole story in email (with no words such as hurry and so on). Very gently email. After that sent items that was sold till suspension.

Without being hasty in an obvious way, start moving funds in small batches (not a big chunk) if you haven't begun to do so already. Don't push the issue here. Respond gently while you continue to move your money. If you make a wrong move at this time, everything could get frozen.

Quote:
Go to PayPal and see that it is alive. Ok go to resolution center and see the dispute, buyer four words “This is a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ item.“. So I am afraid of paypal, maybe if my ebay account suspended paypal may suspend my account too. And I have some money left.

Good. You've set a goal and stated it clearly. Keep your focus on that goal.

Quote:
What I want:
I want simple get back to business because this account was 3 years old never negative received and not stealth.
Sorry for that now in my head absolutely mess. If you don’t understand now I will try to explain more and more accurate.

Now that we've established some things without all the rush and frustration getting in the way... How would you like us to help? If you've seen my suggestions so far, those still apply.

Point out to eBay T&S that the allegation is baseless and an obvious attempt to defraud you by conversion. Tell Paypal the same thing.

Do not yet say that it is a competitor playing dirty pool. Play the role of the victim for now. Later, when you need it most, you can borrow from my bag of dirty tricks if need be. Don't even go there right now. Maybe you won't need one.
Old 08-11-2009
Executive [VIP]

You dobbed your rival to ebay YES/NO

You improved your listing and got suspended because buyer said bad words. YES/NO

You hope to have everything fixed because of your previously good record YES/NO

Well, sit down and breathe deeply. Highly unlikely you will get the account restored. ebay will be seeing counterfeit, reporting another seller.... may be a risk so we will do nothing. Has that thought occurrred yet?
Old 08-11-2009
Threadstarter  

Dont know what dopped is, no such word in dictionary.

You improved your listing and got suspended because buyer said bad words. YES (I think, but maybe I am wrong, I explained how it looks like).

You hope to have everything fixed because of your previously good record YES

At the moment no ideas how can I be restored. I think maybe my good reputation help.
Old 08-11-2009
Vicvelcro

"Dobbed" is a regional term meaning to tattle on, inform, rat out, narc, snitch.

Were you the first one to complain about your competitor to ebay? Or did your competitor complain about you to ebay first?
Old 08-11-2009
Threadstarter  

It is hard to know 100% what steps rival allready made, I contacted ebay only after suspension. I never contacted ebay about my rival before it, because I dont need it. I have the plan how can I sell more and dont need dirty tricks, I remember 5 years ago I lost account for shillbiding, so never scam or something. I dont know who made this, there are two options: rival contacted ebay or rival created account, why I think that? Because he started to loose profit. But maybe I am wrong. This is all predictions. So I posted to this forum maybe you know basic steps what to do?
Old 08-11-2009
Vicvelcro

I made some suggestions for basic steps, already. Maybe somebody else will offer more ideas that you will find useful.

I'm relieved to be informed that you didn't put the dob on your competition.

Last edited by Vicvelcro; 08-11-2009 at 06:50 AM. Reason: removed a redundancy
Old 08-11-2009
Threadstarter  

Thank you. I will do all my best.
Old 08-11-2009
Executive [VIP]

When you get an account like this suspended and ask for help, the forum needs as much info in the first post. Makes it hard for you to be helped.

Can you supply proof the items are real? Will your supplier help you there>
Old 08-11-2009

Longevity: 89%

When I meet long-term competitors in certain categories, I would start communicating with them rather than fighting on lowing price, reporting each other. Make friends with them, if that's not possible, try making an agreement on the prices. Many do cooperate, there always few will not. real world.

eBay staffs don't really care how many good feedbacks you have, they take good care of VEROs as 1st priority. This spoiled VEROs and turns out they make mistakes also sometimes.
Old 08-11-2009
Threadstarter  

Update.

Contacted the buyer who win the auction and reported to paypal. We talk today. He said that he dont know anything and he dont want that dispute and it is mistake. Hi closed dispute and asked me to ship the item. He said mistake, I asked how can it be mistake. But buyer dont give the good answer, said that never want my business down. As I know if you close dispute you cant reopen it. So he stating that he want just the item and it was mistake (He wants open dispute for other seller). Dont know that. He has 17 ebay feedbacks, but paypal stil unverified maybe he knew and dont know what doing. More quastions arise?
Old 08-11-2009
Vicvelcro

I still think it is a competitor. A wimpy competitor.

Good for you, the other guy blinked.
Old 08-12-2009
Threadstarter  

Trust and safety reply, suspended and never can be on ebay. I am out.
Old 08-12-2009
Vicvelcro

Analyze the whole scenario. Study it all. Make a new account and be sure not to duplicate the circumstances that happened here.

Also, if the buyer withdrew the complaint about goods not being real, you might appeal the Trust & Safety decision. Don't bother right away, but maybe try in 30 days.
Old 08-13-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 95%

If I were in this type of situation I would immediately go to DEFCON1.
But they, while their companions slept,
Were toiling upward in the night.

-HWL
Old 08-13-2009
Vicvelcro

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Indeed.
Old 08-13-2009
Executive [VIP]

^^^Prefer to be in that situation from get-go.