Set up cartmanager, authorize, merchantplus - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 08-12-2009
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 85%
Default Set up cartmanager, authorize, merchantplus

Hey guys,
Got my merchantplus account approved, authorize.net setup, and linked it up with cartmanager.net

If I understand everything right, the only way to use the authorize.net gateway would be to link it up to either auctiva or cartmanager ( I went with cartmanager). Could I manually send them invoices via authorize.net, or is that not possible outside of actually asking them for their CC etc through an email?

Right now my ebay account(s) are not set up as merchant accounts. Is it the authorize.net statement (There isnt one online yet) which I fax in to ebay? I don't seem to see any directions on ebay..phone #..etc. My merchant account was set up with my real info, while my ebay is ⊗⊗⊗⊗. So will I need to photoshop the address, print it out, and fax that in (scratching out merchant # and writing my ph #, ebay id on it in pen)? Once that is done, in my checkout settings ebay will allow me to checkmark the "independent merchant account cc"?

Since my ebay account is set up with cartmanager.net, will cartmanager automatically send invoices now..or is that once my ebay account is approved as a merchant..or what? In the future, if i want to make one or two listings with just paypal, will they still receive a cartmanager invoice?

Edit:
I went in and turned off checkout for now..so I can manually send invoices. Once I get approved - do I turn it back on? Also, I saw it mentioned payflow for me to use a merchant account..will I need this?

Thanks for the help!

Last edited by jimmybob479; 08-12-2009 at 02:54 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-12-2009
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Some views but no responses yet? Hopefully aspkin or someone can answer this...I was wanting to fax in and get everything set up tomorrow.
Old 08-12-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

you will need to do some "editing" to the merchant statement..(you see where im going with this)..

after every auction, cartmanager emails the buyers the invoice for you..leave the site checkout off... as the payflow question i would stay away from it as its a direct link to youtr merchant account.. stick with cartmanager and leave site checkout off
Old 08-12-2009
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the response.

Yes, I see where your going. The contact at authorize.net said since I don't have a statement yet, he is making a note on their letterhead for me to send to ebay.

Where do I find the information on where to fax to for ebay?

The cart checkout is unchecked...so that means cartmanager automatically sends now? What if I ever want to make a sale without it sending? I'm not entirely understand what the point of sending things to ebay is - is that so I can accept soley my merchant and not paypal, and get that third party merchant "checkbox" added in the How to pay option of a listing?
Old 08-12-2009
Executive [VIP]

CM will send the invoice whether site checkout is checked or not..

i cant remember the fax number off the back but you can google it and it should pop up..

when you send the statement to ebay, it has to get approved (if they decline it there's a risk of suspension), you dont have to use paypal as a listing option and yes you can just have the "credit card" box only checked
Old 08-12-2009
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Oh, ok.
Will having a merchant account allow them to be taken directly to cartmanager.net to pay (without having to go to their email to view invoice) - is that what gets "activated" when I get approved as a merchant with ebay?
Old 08-12-2009
Executive [VIP]

nope.. the payflow gateway i believe does that but could cause linking.. but i believe you said in another thread that you did not use your actual name. correct?

im not sure how the payflow gateway works so do strong research before considering it an option..

and no matter what, cartmanager will always be the email redirectory .. cartmanager gathers the buyer information and price from ebay and sends it to merchantplus, thats pretty much it for the most part.. its also the buffer from ebay and your merchant account so ebay cant see whats on the other side
Old 08-12-2009
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Ok. Yes, i used real info for merchant with authorize/merchantplus, but ⊗⊗⊗⊗ with ebay, so I'll stay away from payflow.

Cartmanager.net lets me create a "winning bidder" button it says to put into ebay - can I put that in now, or only once I get approved as a merchant? I'm still just trying to figure out what changes about my ebay account once its approved as a merchant...
Old 08-12-2009
Executive [VIP]

you can put it in now..

once your merchant statement gets approved, the ONLY change u need to make to your ebay is to uncheck the box labeled paypal and check the box labeled credit cards ..
Old 08-12-2009
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Oh, Ok.

So basically getting approved lets me use just my merchant, while right now I'm forced to use paypal, etc, in addition. A way around this is of course to disable checkout and put in a "paypal" gmail address that isnt valid...

I've used ebay for about 10 years, but never messed with the cart. When I have the code for the "winning bidder" button, where in ebay.com do I go to add this in? Once they win, they're taken to a page with it?

Thanks!
Old 08-12-2009
Executive [VIP]

you put the code in the description area ...

dont put a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ paypal address, i wouldnt recommend it .. just note in your auctions to click on the winning bidder button to proceed with checkout.
Old 08-12-2009
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Oh, ok. Can anyone click the code - or just the winner?
Old 08-13-2009
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Ok - set up my first listing. It has the winning buyer button at the top, and I said to wait for invoice. I put my real paypal, and also put I accepted merchant credit cards. It seems ebay was going to let me "uncheck" accepting paypal - would it have let me done the listing with just cc even though I'm not 100% fully authorized merchant?

Also, I can't seem to find the # to fax to..any help?
Old 08-13-2009
Executive [VIP]

i think it lets you check merchant/credit for the first 10 listings and then you get the message before you are able to list that you need to fax info to them.
Old 08-13-2009
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Yep, got everything working - thanks. It does require me to have paypal..maybe thats because of my low feedback right now. Can't seem to find the # to fax to, guess I'll just wait until I get the notice.
Old 08-13-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

?fax no for merchant account approval?
Old 08-15-2009
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmybob479 View Post
Yep, got everything working - thanks. It does require me to have paypal..maybe thats because of my low feedback right now. Can't seem to find the # to fax to, guess I'll just wait until I get the notice.
The last number I used was this: (408) 904-7387
Old 12-28-2009

Longevity: 83%
Question

The quote is form the eBay site under "Selecting Payment Methods." They make it sound like you HAVE to use PayFlow. It sounds like a lot of people aren't though. Can someone please clarify this for me...?

"How does it work? Sellers can accept credit card payments to their Internet merchant account directly through eBay checkout by signing up for a Payflow payment gateway account. This is a free service for eBay sellers. Buyers pay immediately using the Pay Now button. Payments are securely and instantly processed online from eBay checkout through Payflow. The seller never sees the buyer's credit card number. Sellers receive an email telling them they've been paid and they know they can ship the item.

Do I need to register? Yes, you need an Internet merchant account with your bank or credit card processing company, and you need to sign up for a Payflow payment gateway account before offering it as a payment option."
Old 12-28-2009
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

EBay says a lot of stuff to make you do what they want you to do.

They don't want you to go with 3rd party payment processors, they want you to stay with PayPal..

Just create a new auction, select to accept Visa and MC without PayPal and you'll be asked to fax in your merchant account statement to allow this.
Old 12-29-2009

Longevity: 84%

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post

They don't want you to go with 3rd party payment processors, they want you to stay with PayPal..

Just create a new auction, select to accept Visa and MC without PayPal and you'll be asked to fax in your merchant account statement to allow this.

If this is correct, and I believe it HAS to be correct, how can you open a merchant account with real information and sell with a STEALTH account?????

PM me if there is a way.
Old 12-29-2009

Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post

Thanks, Aspkin!

If it's a pre 11-07 account is the process the same except that you can bypass the faxing?