Can I use my name to register? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 08-14-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 85%
Default Can I use my name to register?

Hello everyone!

I have read through the forums and purchased eBay Stealth but I have one question.

The answer would probably be "no" but can I get away with using my real name to open a new account after being suspended as long as I use different information for everything else? The account that I used my real name on was suspended 4 years ago.

With the millions of eBay users wouldn't there be many ebayers with the same name? My father has the same name as me and what if he opened an account? Would he get suspended because of me?

I was thinking that if I use his name and address and if ebay and or paypal limits my accounts and as for a ssn, I could use his. This is why I want to use mine and his name. I am a jr of course and I think I did register with the Jr suffix on the suspended account if it matters.

The reason I was suspended was that I had got into a car accident and while in the hospital I received a few negatives for not delivering and then I was ultimatly suspended for not paying fee's.

I have been trying to contact ebay for sometime now asking them If I could get that account reinstated If I were to pay my fee's but I have got no response. I have decided to just open a new one.

The last ebay and paypal accounts I had are now limited for "suspicious activity" and I have no SSN for the name I used so there $689.00 sits.

Before I do this I just wanted some advice from the experienced ebayers.

Anyway to quit rambling, my question again is Is it possible to open an ebay account using my real name which was once suspended as long as I do everything else right?

Thanks!!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-14-2009

Longevity: 89%

Better not, it will raise a flag for review until certain time. With stealth, you can use any names. I've not been using my real names online for years.
The Following User Says Thank You to bluemoon999 For This Useful Post:
webguy (08-14-2009)
Old 08-14-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

If the name is somewhat common, if you can use a different address (preferably very distant from your original location) and phone number etc for personal info, if you can get a different IP address and clean out the cookies and flash from your computer - you *can* do it with some chance of being ok.

Probably easier and better odds to create all new using stealth. Plus it is very liberating to not be eaten by 'the machine'.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
webguy (08-14-2009)
Old 08-14-2009
Threadstarter  

Wow! Thanks for the quick reply's. You guys rock.

My real name is not too common at all really so I probably shouldn't do it. Also my location is very close to the suspended one and I would be selling the same types of products. That would probably be asking for a suspension. Although I really wouldn't have anything to loose because I will be opening additional accounts with different names as well. It's just that I already have a credit card with my real name that hasn't been used on ebay or PayPal yet so I was just thinking of giving it a try just to have another account in addition to the others I will be opening.

I will be following the instructions in eBay Stealth to create at least 2 accounts for now and then a couple more later.

Are there any online banks where you can open an account with no minimum deposit.
I filled out an application at a couple of the the banks suggested in stealth but they said they need additional info from me before they approve me and I haven't heard anything since. This was 3 days ago.

Also, can't you use a debit card as a bank account if you have an account number and routing number for it?

Thanks

Webguy
Old 08-14-2009

Longevity: 89%

"It's just that I already have a credit card with my real name that hasn't been used on ebay or PayPal yet so I was just thinking of giving it a try just to have another account in addition to the others I will be opening." - Do not use that card

"I filled out an application at a couple of the the banks suggested in stealth" - Which banks?

"they need additional info from me before they approve me" - You can't get instant approval from certain banks if your credit is not good enough.
Old 08-14-2009
Threadstarter  

The banks I used are: HSBC Direct and Bank Of America.

My credit isn't that great.
Old 08-14-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

You can still use the card. Look around a bit, you'll discover how.

If the debit has routing and account info, you're all good.

If you are in the proper state, you can use BB&T to open online accounts. First account is 25 bucks. After that, you open others as sub-accounts. Ignore the part where it says you have to transfer $X for the sub-account. Last time I used it, you could do the sub-acct off the main with $0 transfer.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
webguy (08-14-2009)
Old 08-14-2009

Longevity: 90%

Besides having a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name frees you from any potential lawsuits or collection agencies... if your account gets suspended with outstanding fees, you can just forget about it and move on.