eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   The real risk making money on eb (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/130029-real-risk-making-money-eb.html)

LoopHole 09-25-2019 01:57 PM

The real risk making money on eb

Let me being by saying that I posted this in subscriber area because I don't think bringing more attention to this is a good thing for anyone but at the same time I am very curious to hear different opinions. (mods if you feel like this should be moved elsewhere plz do so)

I've been selling on eb since i was 14 and I know for a fact it is a place where tons of money can be made very easy but it comes down to a very big risk. Lets be real here, its no secret 90% of eb sellers do not sell the re@l thing. Lets also be honest and say that these luxury brand items are no where near the value of what they sell for. For example luxury bags. Authentic or not, no bag is worth $4000 because of the logo. But that is another.issue.

My question is, has anyone ever experienced legal trouble or any type of trouble regarding this issue or have stopped selling because they are afraid of the legal issues that come with selling?

I stopped selling on eb for years now. I've been pursuing my career in acquisition for private companies and the money is great but I would like to start to continue selling. The issue is , there really is no money in this game unless u sell china made products and import from china. We all try to evade eb but no one really mentions evading the trouble that comes from the actual law. I've been digging around the internet and it seems like a ton of people actually go to jail and receive felony charges quite frequently. At least once a week i hear about someone getting in trouble for this. Some are very large shipments that people go to jail for and some are very small. A guy today just got felony charges over 3 small shipments of jewelry that totaled 48million if they were re@l. I'm assuming he paid a couple grand for the shipment and would of made anywhere from 5-10k if he flipped it. Now hes on hold for 30k bond and has legal trouble of a lifetime that will cost him a ton of money. The current administration is also putting in place stricter laws and going after china for the infringement on products being shipped to the usa which means more crackdowns. It seems like a very risky business now more than ever.

My question to all of you is, how do you deal with these risks? Do you just hope nothing bad will happen or do you have any way of avoiding this type of issue? What do you think about this?
I don't mean to expose anyone or put anyone on the spot but lets be real we all know the stuff we sell and where the money is.

H4ck 09-27-2019 09:52 AM

Re: The real risk making money on eb

what you read on the internet and the news is literally nothing compared to what happens in real life.

the news and internet only reports a very very small fraction.......if their were 100 of those sellers only 1 would be reported on the internet getting in trouble.

this goes for all crimes in general.

I know this for a fact because I commited most types of bad acts under the sun and never got into any trouble for it lol.....

whether it was in public or on the internet. but then again I know am pretty good at concealing everything.....

if your dumb enough to send like 100k worth of chinese goods that infringe on tech products to your house in your name .....you run the risk of getting in trouble.

iamdeadinside 09-27-2019 11:55 AM

I guess that as long as you don't sell phake stuff, then you're good. Of course there's always the temptation, because a product with a famous brand name on it will sell better then the same product w/o it.

Let's take H*dro Fl*sk bottles, for example. If you search for them, you'll find a ton of phake ones sold from China. But it's a very risky, short term practice, that's not worth considering for obvious reasons. I mean, yeah, you can sell 100 in one day, but the next morning you'll have a suspension notice in your inbox and here you are, opening another stealth account.

muzzie 09-27-2019 02:29 PM

Use stealth accs and lawyers wont find you that easy.

CaptainComedown 12-28-2019 09:36 AM

I have received emails from a number of large companies threatening me with legal action in the past few months but as I follow the stealth rules I don't really worry about it. I have so far ignored them (my accounts change every few months anyways) and nothing has happened. I think if you spread the stock across enough accounts that it looks like you are a smaller business, then it will seem less cost effective to any company to initiate legal action. I think it's mostly scare tactics. (I am UK based). Plus if you are hard to trace, don't appear to have made that much money, and then your account dissappears completely, they probably won't bother to pursue you. Obviously it depends on your business model and the items you sell.

gamomac548 01-22-2020 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H4ck (Post 1036716)
what you read on the internet and the news is literally nothing compared to what happens in real life.

the news and internet only reports a very very small fraction.......if their were 100 of those sellers only 1 would be reported on the internet getting in trouble.

this goes for all crimes in general.

I know this for a fact because I commited most types of bad acts under the sun and never got into any trouble for it lol.....

whether it was in public or on the internet. but then again I know am pretty good at concealing everything.....

if your dumb enough to send like 100k worth of chinese goods that infringe on tech products to your house in your name .....you run the risk of getting in trouble.

Can you send me a private message please to we better discuss a situation?

rsot 01-22-2020 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gamomac548 (Post 1063556)
Are you still on eBay, can you contact me please?

You can contact at about 25 posts though...