eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   Verify UK ebay Account (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/13359-verify-uk-ebay-account.html)

x_emily_x 09-11-2009 04:26 PM

Verify UK ebay Account

Hello people,

I just want to say a big and well deserved thank you to ASPKIN for making this happen, GreenBean for being my teacher, Idiotbay for the support and a few others who have helped me.

I do have ONE last question before i stop bugging you all.

I have everything else sorted now like bank details in my real name, IPs sorted (i think)

I need to get call forwarding from soho66.com but my county is not there,so am not sure what to do

I'm also wondering whose address do i put down? Where can i get a cheap PO box address?

Thank youuuu once again

:thumb:

getaroundebay 09-11-2009 06:14 PM

Put any address....

It is obviously better to have access to the address, I personally use random addresses and never have had a problem.

royalmail.com for PO boxes if you so want one!

GreenBean 09-11-2009 06:42 PM

^^^stop recommending an address that is not accessible. The idea is to be stealth with everything available. Phony address might be your thing but wtf happens when for some reason you are going to get mail for paypal or returns of items. Forget that idea,ta.

getaroundebay 09-11-2009 07:07 PM

Get mail for PayPal?

Returns?

Never heard of mail for PayPal!

Returns, people can return to any address you give them...

x_emily_x 09-11-2009 07:11 PM

So PO box for address.. And my other question deleted lol..

GreenBean 09-11-2009 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by getaroundebay (Post 103434)
Get mail for PayPal?
Returns?

Take this on board then....

IF the paypal phone call gets missed, a letter get sent out to the address on record.... but oops, it's a phony address so the letter does not go there AND bigger oops, the paypal gets limited.

Returns: well the not so bright buyer tells ebay that the address for the return is different from what you the (just as not so bright seller) has given them. And oops, your ebay account gets suspended pending ebay checking you. AND big oops again, by not having access to an address, your ability to do business is curtailed.
But, that's just imo.It is not a humble one :rolleyes:

Vicvelcro 09-11-2009 10:11 PM

The check that PP might send you 180 days after the dear john email.
The PP debit card
The 6 digit super secret number they sometimes send as a test to confirm location
In case a buyer actually does attempt to return something

I could go on and on and on and on. But I think that's probably enough to get the message across clearly.

A stealth person really should use an accessible address, even if it's a box in a college dormitory.

Only hit and run scammers are advised to use dead-drop addresses, ditch phone numbers after the first incoming call, or close a bank account when PP gives the kiss-off bye-bye note.

Over the years, I have received quite a bit of physical mail from PP.

Buyers don't always follow instructions. Some are too stupid or too honest and will just get the address on file with PP for sending returns. Some are malicious buyers and purposely take advantage of address inconsistencies to bend you over and allow you to warm your ankles with the palms of your hands.

Don't believe me? Plenty of threads here which address each of the above items as factual events that did occur. More than once to more than one person.

I won't attempt to speak for everyone here, or even pretend I represent a majority BUT BUT BUT -----> My ankles and my palms don't really get along very well and I much prefer to keep them as far apart as possible. Life is less uncomfortable for me, that way. Planning ahead to facilitate the separation helps me avoid a lot of unnecessary and undesirable friction.

Quote:

Originally Posted by getaroundebay (Post 103434)
Get mail for PayPal?

Returns?

x_emily_x 09-11-2009 11:37 PM

Ok i understand, what about a neighbours address or my address but with a letter after it as if its a flat?

Vicvelcro 09-12-2009 03:05 PM

Technically, those would be sufficient. However, sometimes PP and ebay will get suspicious anyhow. As long as you behave, you'll probably be fine.

GreenBean 09-12-2009 05:32 PM

^^^Probably not this time. After the first use of the address there was another account in existence for a short period. My inclination would be not to put a third account with 'similar' address parameters. :peace:

x_emily_x 09-12-2009 05:56 PM

Also my county isnt coming up on soho66.com gfor a tel number whaaaat now?? lol

Vicvelcro 09-12-2009 06:34 PM

#10 is more likely correct. I missed the part about an account already being made with a similar address.