eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   gift card not working on ebay? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/13377-gift-card-not-working-ebay.html)

decaljunkie 09-12-2009 03:31 PM

gift card not working on ebay?

i just opened a ebay account 2 days ago i tried to list a small item today, and after listing the details it took me to the option were it said how do you want to receive payments from buyers. i put my paypal and then it said how would i like to pay ebay selling fees. i put credit card , then i tried to put my walmart visa gift card in and it said they cannot confirm identity with a gift card. i thought that member (here we go again) said walmart visa gift cards will work to verify ebay accounts? the card is not a (green dot) so it should work. did i do something wrong?:confused:

Vicvelcro 09-12-2009 03:46 PM

I don't know if this applies to all Walmart locations: Where I am located, the local Walmarts have more than one type of gift card. The regular store card, all kinds of 3rd party cards, and TWO Walmart Visa gift cards. Of those two, one is good and one is not. I haven't used one of those in many months, so I can't remember which is which.

But there's something for you to look into. It seems the one you picked is the no-good one.

lakeman 09-12-2009 03:46 PM

There really needs to be a sticky about this. It seems like every other day someone asks this wihout searching. It has been a few months now since eBay no longer accepts most prepaid cards. VCCs still work but almost all prepaid cards do not work to turn eBay accounts into a seller account. You can link your Paypal to setup a seller account or use a VCC like I said.

decaljunkie 09-12-2009 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakeman (Post 103528)
There really needs to be a sticky about this. It seems like every other day someone asks this wihout searching. It has been a few months now since eBay no longer accepts most prepaid cards. VCCs still work but almost all prepaid cards do not work to turn eBay accounts into a seller account. You can link your Paypal to setup a seller account or use a VCC like I said.

i got this information from (here we go again) in the subscriber forum.

US Prepaid Cards:
.........DeluxeCard Purchase online
.........Wal-Mart Visa Gift Cards (NOT GREENDOT CARD) Purchase at any Wal-Mart Store

As long as the CORRECT user information is loaded on the cards:
Both cards open eBay accounts OK.
Both cards pay eBay fees OK.
Both cards Verify through Paypal OK.

this is why i tried the walmart card. i guess they no longer work. if i link my paypal account to verify my ebay account i thought i read somewhere on this form that that option will lead to linking your account eventually. is this true?

Here We Go Again 09-13-2009 10:48 AM

And when that was posted it worked just fine.......
I posted that a long time ago.

philly387 09-13-2009 10:58 AM

For gift cards, if the information is not updated the same day you look at the post, it is possible it won't be working.

Burst 09-13-2009 04:45 PM

I was just going to ask what was the date on HWGA's post. As Im sure it was a long time ago when Gift cards worked. Times have changed.

Here We Go Again 09-13-2009 05:00 PM

I have changed the link in my signature....
I have updated the post that link is linked to...

ebayisanecessaryevil 09-22-2009 11:36 AM

could someone please confirm which "deluxe" gift card company website can turn an ebay buyer account to a seller account? Or any others? I found 2 companies with deluxe in their name.

I'm getting confused on how people are describing the gift cards that "work." I know some you can still use to pay fees but you can't open accounts.

Ebay stealth 2.1 s/b updated because giftcard.com doesn't work.

Going strong with many accounts, but I really want to get my holiday name warchest going.

Thanks and sorry if this is answered somewhere else with up to date info, it's just difficult sorting through all the outdated info, and just want to know what is correct for today, 9/22/09.

doughboykilla 09-22-2009 01:56 PM

your not going to find working ones posted on these fourms cause big brother ebay is watching the fourms and if people posted which ones works they could easily add it to there block cards list. You just got to do some trial and error. Like in my city theres all kinda giftcards and i found them that worked so just look around buy some and if they work then u know what ones to buy ;) just keep it on the downlow if u find working ones so it makes it that much harder for ebay to find out.

ebayisanecessaryevil 09-22-2009 04:26 PM

true, I'm sure they managed to get spies here in the subscriber section, too. Good advice!!

x2ruff4u 09-25-2009 08:39 AM

Fyi there is one that works I know of. I use it. So dont give up yet.

hint:its at a store

Burst 09-27-2009 01:04 PM

Second hint: The store sells prepaid gift cards

philly387 09-27-2009 01:40 PM

Third hint: It is plastic

Vicvelcro 10-07-2009 11:07 AM

I can narrow it down even more without letting the cat completely out of the bag.

It's not free and at the same time it doesn't cost 2x the face value.

aking 10-07-2009 11:39 AM

simon still works to pay ebay fees right?