Using / Linking Google Checkout & ebay - with cartmanager - Page 4 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 02-29-2008
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 99%
Default I have a theory

***Listing on eBay through cartmanager***
I actually called cartmanager and asked them, If i have a new account with eBay will I get a "u must fax in your merchant statements to use your merchant account" error like in auctiva. Cartmanager said as far as they know ebay hasn't changed anything about there system with there system.
So once I get a new account with eBay im going to list through cartmanager and see if it lets me post the auction on eBay without any hassel.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-29-2008

Longevity: 93%

I tried using carmanager with a newer account, Over 30 days old but post Nov 07. I have my own merchant account and use authorize.net. It does not work without faxing in the merchant statement. I know there has been some confusion so I tried it myself. This is not a way around it unfortunately:( .
Old 03-10-2008

Sorry to sound so stupid but how do i send a invoice to myself kind of a trial to see what it looks like?
Old 03-10-2008

I figured it out guess i am not so dumb after all maybe lol
Old 03-10-2008

Thanks Modee i got the trial and i think i have it figured out or at least i hope i do. I sent a invoice to myself and it all looked good. Now the real test when my auction is over in 4 days. I have a merchant account and a ccnow account but for some reason i just like google checkout the best I am sure i probably did something wrong so in 4 days i maybe asking you some questions:o
Old 03-12-2008

Longevity: 98%

What statements do you send to eBay when setting up cartmanager?
Old 04-16-2008

Longevity: 92%

Is there a way to show in the actual ebay auction the cartmanager cart?
Old 04-23-2008

Hi, first time poster. Been reading the forum for days now, and finally registered. Modee, are you saying that this is the best bet nowadays?

1 Set up an ebay account
2 Get GCO or CCNOW
3 Get Cartmanager and add a GCO or CCNOW to it
4 Integrate Cartmanager into your Ebay listings and just sell

Though just about every day something that worked before suddenly stopped working, this sounds like a winner at the moment. I'm just being cautious. Thanks in advance. Kickass forum, by the way.
Old 05-05-2008

Longevity: 95%
Default Cartmanager + Google Checkout questions

I have some questions and please help with the answer:

How does an Ebay buyer pay after making a purchase when Cartmanager and Google Checkout are set up as instructed to integrate with Ebay? Is an invoice email going to be sent out or can he pay directly on Ebay website using Pay It Now?

If an invoice email is going to be sent, does is mean that Immediate Payment Required (on Ebay) is not applicable?

What if I use a merchant account instead of Google Check Out. Will my merchant accout integrate with CartManager? If yes, do I need to get the merchant account verified by Ebay by faxing in required documents? I am very confused b/c it looks like I don't have to get Cartmanager & Google Check Out verified by Ebay.

Please help me. Thank you very much in advance.

Hateebay
Old 05-05-2008

Hi Modee,

Thank you very much Modee for your very clear explanation.

Last edited by Modee; 05-06-2008 at 12:20 PM.
Old 05-10-2008

I tried sending an invoice to myself on Cartmanager. The invoice in the email leads me all the way to clicking on Google Chechout. However, when it cames to Google page, it asked me to sign in Gmail email to complete the purchase and I didn't see any other option for not signing in. What if a customer doesn't have a Gmail Account. How can he continue? Please help.
Old 05-10-2008

Actually I saw another option: "Create A Google Account to complete this purchase'. My question is: Do buyers have to create an account with Google to pay me?
Old 05-10-2008

Do you give out your real address on Google Checkout Public business Information (shown to buyers)? If you put a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address, does it cause me trouble with G.Checkout ? Does G.Checkout verify the address when my sales is getting bigger in the future?

I am afraid that If I give out my real home address (which is linked to a suspended Ebay account) and the buyer complains, he can see the difference between my Ebay registered home address and the one on G.Check Out and reports to Ebay.
Old 05-22-2008

has anyone figured out how to setup cartmanager to use google checkout and paypal (website payments standard)??

when i set it up and do a preview of my cart, I only get the google checkout button but do not see the PayPal button (i have the "show paypal icon" box checked)

any help will be great.....

i tried to ask for help from "someone" and was told i need to pay a "tech support fee".....

he/she want customers to do a trial in hopes of purchasing their product yet want to charge a "tech support fee" when I have a very simple problem that they know how to resolve??

not a very good way to retain customers.....
Old 05-27-2008

edit:

after doing lots reading im doing this.

new account less than 30days.
setting up merchant account with ccnow/aut.net and fax info to ebay
but using cm+gco to checkout

we'll see if it works

Last edited by freshpl; 05-28-2008 at 11:49 AM.
Old 07-03-2008

Longevity: 96%

i have a question, If I previous used cartmanager with my google account through an account on ebay that got suspended, if I try to link cartmanager with my new account on ebay, will it link to my previous suspended account??? Also where are the instructions to go through the whole setup and linking process with google, ebay and cartmanager.. thank you
Old 07-26-2008

Longevity: 91%
Default Cartmanager and ebay

I am interested in using cartmanager with ebay so my customers can more easily use google checkout, and so I dont manualy have to send invoices. Will ebay require me to send them proof of a merchant account once I link it with cartmanager? Since I would use cartmanager for google checkout and not for credit card that wouldn't be possable. Is ebay requiring anyone who uses CM to immediately verify a merchant account with them?
Old 08-13-2008

so do you need a paypal acct. to use gco in your ebay listings? or can you just bypass the 10 listing limit and still not register for a paypal acct. as long as you use the cartmanager?
Old 11-13-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

one question in this thread that has never been answered is:

whats the price on CM after the trial period????
Old 11-20-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

Is anyone on the forum currently using Google Checkout instead of paypal to collect ebay payments? I have my Google Checkout set up and have been processing payments, but I am tired of manually sending invoices. If you are currently using Google CO, let me know so that I can contact you with my questions. Doesn't seem like it is hard to do. I will continue researching as well.
Old 11-21-2008

Longevity: 94%

I just read through this entire thread and I am still confused. So if this has been covered I am sorry. If one uses Cartmanager with Google Checkout, can it be used on multiple accounts? Right now I manually process all orders through the same Google checkout account. But from what I read in another thread come next year sometime all payments will be integrated into eBay's system so I need to start preparing. Thanks.
Old 01-19-2009

Longevity: 94%
Default Cartmanager re-use

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006bmr View Post
i have a question, If I previous used cartmanager with my google account through an account on ebay that got suspended, if I try to link cartmanager with my new account on ebay, will it link to my previous suspended account??? Also where are the instructions to go through the whole setup and linking process with google, ebay and cartmanager.. thank you
i want to know this also
anyone have an experience?