Using / Linking Google Checkout & ebay - with cartmanager - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 10-03-2007
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 99%
Default Using / Linking Google Checkout & ebay - with cartmanager

You have to have the right shopping cart, go to CartManager - How The World Shops On-Line they have the option to link your google API to the shopping cart, also the shopping cart allows you to link to ebay in the "Extra features section" Now when I use the word link not in the essence of sharing information but giving authorization to use the shopping cart with ebay just like bidpay. I called the shopping cart provider to make sure of this, After you completed all of this, when someone wins a auction from your ebay account...the shopping cart will automatically send them a invoice from google checkout to there email. I also found out that the same shopping cart is compatible with Paypal...this might be a way to link your ebay to paypal without linking them together. I'll check more into the paypal situation.
The Following User Says Thank You to tvaughan08 For This Useful Post:
tonyvas (11-02-2008)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-03-2007
Banned

Longevity: 97%

Good find mayne
Old 10-03-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

Right... if it works, it'll be a good alternative to Paypal.
Old 10-04-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvaughan08 View Post
You have to have the right shopping cart, go to CartManager - How The World Shops On-Line they have the option to link your google API to the shopping cart, also the shopping cart allows you to link to ebay in the "Extra features section" Now when I use the word link not in the essence of sharing information but giving authorization to use the shopping cart with ebay just like bidpay. I called the shopping cart provider to make sure of this
I brought this up in another thread. Bidpay wants authorization to go to ebay to create a token.

To do that, you need an active username (I checked with them) so even this authorization connection may not be as safe as we think.
Old 10-04-2007
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Ill walk you through it modee because I use this same shopping cart with my ebay account. Iv been using it for 1 year now, sorry took me so long to bring it up..lol

1. Create a trail account
2. Once you have a trial account, log in with your user name and password
3. Look for "payment gateway settings" on the right hand side click the link.
4. Then scroll down to the bottom of the link and look for "Type of order transaction allowed" you will see "By Credit card with real time processing" and "google checkout" box then check the box. Make sure you click CC real time processing box also, this allows take orders in real time from ebay.
6. Once you check that box the google box the shopping cart will ask you for your "Google Merchant key" which is that long string of numbers also if u can't find your merchant key the link will give you directions to locate it inside of google.
5.Enter your google merchant ID and your google Merchant key it also gives you the option to select if you want your google icon small or large ect, and default shipping.
6. Click save at the bottom

INTERGRATION

1. Scroll to the bottom of the shopping cart options on the left side
2. Click Extra Features
3. Scroll down to ebay auctions click the link
4. Then click ebay sign in, input your ebay SN, Now u have authrization.

When someones wins a auction on ebay. your shopping cart will automatically send them a invoice to make payment from google checkout
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tvaughan08 For This Useful Post:
egad (05-05-2009), newtools (04-05-2010), surcerouche (11-26-2012)
Old 10-04-2007

Have you been using this setup with Google Checkout and ebay all this time, or just ebay? That part's not clear to me. It would be great if you could do it, but I still have my doubts. How much is the service after the trial is over? The "pricing" button didn't help much to answer that.

Although I'm not sure it would help me in the end. I'm still trying to figure out how Google API works! lol

When the shopping cart sends an invoice, does it show the buyer your googlecheckout company or ebay username? That might get a little confusing if they're different (and frequently are).
Old 10-04-2007
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Ok, I have a merchant account, google account, and paypal...I use this shopping cart with my merchant account 110% of the time intergrated with ebay that's just because I like my merchant account more that's all GC and PP are ok but I have more freedom with my merchant account. Like I said it sends people a invoice from the shopping cart to my ebay customers all they to do is go to there email click the checkout button inside the email and input there CC info. As far as the pricing you will pay a big WHOOOOPING $10.00 a month I know that's what I pay.
Old 10-04-2007

Hmm...looks ok. There's a processing fee to set things up when you go to the paid service. Looks to be about $75. That may be standard though, I haven't checked around much. I'm going to go ahead with the trial and test it out.

When the invoice is sent out, does the customer see your ebay username or your google checkout company as the sender of the invoice?
Old 10-04-2007
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modee View Post
What about this issue with S&H&P charges? Will the cartmanager send an invoice for the exact total of the EBAY invoice or go back and try to recalculate shipping?

Thanks.

Once you intergrate with ebay, it will ask you which method do you want..default shipping or ebay shipping...and just choose ebay shipping, it will caculate the shipping u have on your listing. Remember any info you put on your listing for S&H inside of ebay, the cartmanager with caculate the total for you because your intergrated with ebay.
Old 10-04-2007

Sorry Modee, you beat me to post.
Old 10-04-2007

Crap, what happened to the edit feature?

What if you don't post the shipping anywhere but the description? I hate that ebay won't recognize other services exist outside the big two.
Old 10-04-2007
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Hmm...looks ok. There's a processing fee to set things up when you go to the paid service. Looks to be about $75. That may be standard though, I haven't checked around much. I'm going to go ahead with the trial and test it out.

When the invoice is sent out, does the customer see your ebay username or your google checkout company as the sender of the invoice?

You can choose what the customer see, in the options...you can choose if u want them to see your company, email, phone Number, ect...everything is optional.
Old 10-05-2007
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

cool, let me know how it goes 4 u
Old 10-05-2007

Longevity: 96%

I just signed up for Google Checkout. How often does a customer squeal to Ebay that you're using Google. Do they kick you off of Ebay? It seems how you want to settle up with YOUR customer should be your business and not Ebay's.
Old 10-05-2007
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I use to use google checkout with ebay, I never had 1 complaint to ebay. But I don't recommend stating that you will be taking payments through google checkout in your listing seeing as how it is banned from ebay.
Old 10-05-2007

First I'll give them an option of paying by check or MO I guess, and if they want to pay by CC, I'll send them a Google invoice. Or should I offer to take a CC right away.
Old 10-05-2007
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Me persoanlly I offer CC right away, because I like to see the item is paid for. But checks and money orders are ok too, I use to offer money order and checks b4 I had a merchant account, and it worked fine.
Old 10-06-2007
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I just used this yesterday, and I emailed myself a invoice and theres a google checkout button inside of the checkout email...modee you more then likely got it configured wrong. go to the cartmanager and make sure u have the button configuration right...the option is under the google api option
Old 10-06-2007
Banned

Longevity: 97%

Well it worked for me. I got emailed a invoice and the button showed up
Old 10-06-2007

hey they tvvaughn, i have a couple of questions. After i followed your instructions and added google checkout and signed my cart up with ebay, it gives me three options on the page

Add A New Product - eBay only (non-inventory)

Basic eBay Settings

Check Item Status / Resend Payment Instructions

do i have to mess with any of those options or am I all done??? just sit back and wait till my auction ends???? just want to make sure i got this done all the way.
Old 10-06-2007

I emailed myself an invoice to another address I have and I got a screen that requires me to fill out all the info to open an account. Is this what all first time buyers see when they use Google?
Old 10-06-2007

i just hope thats not the case where the buyers will have to sign up for google in order to pay me through card. My idea of this whole cart thing was that it was going to automatically send the buyers a google checkout form with a checkout button so that they can just enter their credit card number and pay me.