eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   Debit card new thing (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/14133-debit-card-new-thing.html)

Hercules 10-15-2009 04:55 AM

Debit card new thing

One of my sleeper accounts ask me if I wanted a PP debit card. The requirement for me was to ad a second CC to it. Has anyone hear have this happen? What did you do to make it work in a stealth way?

GreenBean 10-15-2009 05:34 AM

Hmm, that's a variation. Has this 'stealth' account a SSN attached already? Most recent applications have asked outright for the SSN B4 a card is issued.
Be interesting to get your answer, Hercules :ranger:

Hercules 10-15-2009 06:32 PM

No SS# but I haven't used it at all except searching ebay for stuff. I'll check it again tonight maybe. I think it's 3 months old.

Lyda 10-15-2009 07:45 PM

I also got an offer from Paypal to get the debit card and account is stealth. I don't have much activity on it, but account is almost 3 years old. Never gave social to them...neither did they as , YET!:D

GreenBean 10-15-2009 08:59 PM

Double hmm. Most interesting development. :spy:

doughboykilla 10-15-2009 09:28 PM

bad thing about it stelth the card wouldnt be mailed to the right address! or would it ? could it?

EmptyPockets 10-15-2009 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doughboykilla (Post 108340)
bad thing about it stelth the card wouldnt be mailed to the right address! or would it ? could it?

I think it would all depend on how you setup your account ;)

Lyda 10-15-2009 10:40 PM

Exactly! All my accounts have different addresses from my home address, but they are accessible by me at any time. It cost me some money, but its worth it IMO... True, it all depends how you set it up at the first place. This is what I call "getting all your ducks in a row" before opening accounts, not after.
Besides, it never was appealing to me to have PayPal with bogus address because than I can't receive the letters to lift inevitable limitations etc.....I know many do it, lose account, and than move onto another one, "wash and rinse"?....I like to keep mine as long as possible.

doughboykilla 10-17-2009 04:30 PM

I never tried to get the Pp debit card cause i always though u had to have a ssn to do so. Paypal requires ssn for the plug-in but not a debit card paypals all back asswards lol.

guess they didnt like the fact people could use the plug-in instaly as to the debit card i belive u have to have the Pp open for 60 days.

Vicvelcro 10-17-2009 05:08 PM

60 days and then you are elligible. You can attempt to apply sooner (bug in the system lets you apply after 30 days) but the application will fail. Then, if you get approved with 60 days in, you are technically required to provide SSN and the system has automatically asked for the SSN going back a couple years ago. If it isn't asking currently, there's another bug in the system. A recent bug. I got 2 debit cards not long ago. System needed SSN as a step when applying. Wouldn't even complete the application process without the number. It checks the number to see that it is valid AND matches the name on SSN vs name on PP. I put in EIN (of course) and system spit it back out. Had to contact them by phone for manual entry of EIN for debit card. Both cards were issued upon EIN being entered into the database. Sometimes it takes the EIN without having to call them. But recently, no (another bug in the system).

So, I might suggest everyone who wants the debit card, go get 'em while they're hot.

Caveat Emptor! They may catch it later and revoke the card, limit the account, or simply demand the SSN at that time.

coolandcalm 10-17-2009 10:44 PM

Have had these cards before in the past, you are under closer scrutiny with them, because you can get you money faster by using it. I stopped getting them, wasnt worth the hassle, paypal likes taking a couple of days to give you your money through bank transfer. Just my 2 cents...............

doughboykilla 10-17-2009 11:11 PM

Yeah like when i could use the plug-in i was able to cash out instaly i sent cash from my paypal to my metabank card it was great as soon as the money hit my Pp i got it right back out and Pp could'nt reverse it sence it was a done with the plug-in

Hercules 10-18-2009 12:21 PM

I tried re-entering my original gift card but no go. PP is saying to the world " we don't trust you now give us another card ". I believe this is only for seller accounts. te he!