eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   Got some problems with Paypal, any advice appreciated (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/15631-got-some-problems-paypal-any-advice-appreciated.html)

NZT 01-05-2010 07:37 AM

Got some problems with Paypal, any advice appreciated

Hi guys, I am selling with a new account. All low risk general household items. Got this message about 20 minutes ago.

Notification of Limited Account Access RXI111

On my account I have two issues to complete.

1) Provide proof of delivery, which i can do but half of the items are sent with tracking numbers and the other half are sent as standard parcels IE: a receipt but not trackable.

2) Provide invoices to prove that I own the items. A slight problem as most of the items are household items I am selling plus items i purchased from a car boot sale.

I rang the Paypal help centre, and the problems got worse.

I was told by the paypal rep that I also have two other linked Paypal accounts that are in a negative balance.

The first has a negative balance of £92.16, no problem I can pay that.

The second has a negative balance of £3133.23 > wow

The issue is that

1) I cant even remember these paypal accounts. They must be more than 2 years old. So i cant remember the log ins or anything.

Any ideas? I have not received any notifications from any collections companies for these outstanding amounts. Could it be because I changed my addresses to stealth addresses and removed my genuine address?

These first two Paypal accounts would have been before I started visiting the forum. I am just wondering why I have not been chased for the outstanding monies.

Do you think now I have spoken to the Paypal rep I could have created myself a problem?

Am I best to forget about this most recent Paypal suspension and leave the ebay account forever as the chances are that if I try to complete the steps to remove the limitation they have still linked me to these other 2 problem Paypal accounts?

I really cant believe it. I adhered to all the stealth rules. I have used just the one ebay and Paypal account. No others. I have sold nothing vero just household stuff. My feedback is 89 and all 4.9 on the DSR ratings.

This is the first time in a long while that this has happened.

ANy tips, thoughts or ideas?

Thanks.

NZT 01-05-2010 07:43 AM

Sorry forgot to say the ebay account is 3 months old and the paypal account is 6 months old

GreenBean 01-05-2010 07:45 AM

:faint: :tears: Rats. How did it come about that the rep told you that? Did you say anything or play the sweet innocent?

captainjack1980 01-05-2010 07:48 AM

I think the best advice I could give is don't pay, dump the accounts and start again!

And as to not being chased, if you removed your genuine address and put a stealth address on the account then it is most likely the collections agency is sending any correspondence to the stealth address.

I doubt there will be any come back other than losing your accounts. PAYPAL debts are unenforceable!

The big question is what did you do to link yourself back to these accounts?

CaptainJack

GreenBean 01-05-2010 07:54 AM

You could argue the toss they are not yours. But that's time consuming.
Do agree with The Captain... move on.

But let's work out what was the reason

NZT 01-05-2010 07:59 AM

Well, I rang the rep and was all cool. I gave no personal info only put in the phone number when i rand and the 6 digit access code.

She casually asked me if I have any other paypal account registered in my name, I said "no" She then told me that she has on her screen 2 other Paypal account registered in my name and they are in negative balance.

I thought "negative balance?" Then she told me two different amounts

She said do you have any other gmail accounts? I said I would have to check and sort it out, then she told me that once I pay off these balances AND THEN complete the two limitation steps on my most recent Paypal account then would consider it for reinstatement.

I mean holy sh** I forgot about these other two accounts. Yes the were registered in my real address, but I changed the address when I started to have issues.

Then funny thing is that I have 2 more Paypal accounts with my real address but with a different name. I guess that its possible she had those on screen aswell?

The reason I have these other accounts with the real name is to receive the letter to verify the account.

I didnt know that Paypal debts are unenforcable, they use collection agencies though right?

Are the ebay debts enforcable?

Damn this has shook me today. A nice 3 month old ebay account, all positive feedback, not even a neutral. All normal items, nothing dodgy. I cant believe this.

Do you think if I change the address on my other 2 Paypal accounts i will be ok, or are my days numbered with them?

captainjack1980 01-05-2010 08:05 AM

I know how gutting it can be.... I had problems over Christmas.

It sounds like address is the problem then!

I think you need to start afresh. Work out some new addresses - would friends/family/work/PO Box be an option? If not and you have to use one you don't have access to just make sure phone verification completes before you add the bank account.

CaptainJack

GreenBean 01-05-2010 08:06 AM

Leave them well alone while you are having dramas.

Did you get that rep's name? Me, I'm kinda thinking those accounts were your younger/older brother who was a right prat....if you get my drift.
So since you've thought about it, then you could call her back and chat along those lines....:)

GreenBean 01-05-2010 08:08 AM

Come to CHAT BOX & let's parlez. I'll delete afterwards ;)

captainjack1980 01-05-2010 08:09 AM

Yes PP and Ebay debts are unenforcable. They will bug you by phone and post if they have your real details. They will threaten all the usual crap. And when they get bored of that the debt will be sold on to a different agency to try.

If they do ever register a default (I have never heard of this happening) you should have no problem getting it removed, though it will temporarily hit your credit score.

CaptainJack

NZT 01-05-2010 08:14 AM

But usually when the letters come through the box its enough to make you think, "hmm i better pay this, the court action threat is a problem i dont need"

First Edition 01-05-2010 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neo (Post 117959)
But usually when the letters come through the box its enough to make you think, "hmm i better pay this, the court action threat is a problem i dont need"

They won't take you to court. Legally, they could. I could take you to court for saying I smell bad..... (which I most certainly do not)

The debt for fees isn't legal because you owe them money for a service they didn't complete. i.e. suspension, limitation..... Any debt collector will threaten with a court case, I've even seen them pose as Sherrifs (which is super illegal btw).

Don't worry about it. Move on, or find a way to BS them to make them think the other accounts aren't yours.

NZT 01-05-2010 10:13 AM

Hey Jack, whats your take on using a closed address to register a new PP account?

I mean for example a shop closes and they get a build up of mail. What would hurt to register the shop for PP then pick up the letter?

I know some might say its illegal blah blah but it is only a little bit naughty. If the shop is closed who's to know?

I wouldnet want to use a friends or family members address just in case either something went wrong or they might call them.

What do you think?

oge 01-05-2010 10:19 AM

I gotta say something similar happened to me when creating stealth accounts. Not sure if they got linked or not but I sent money from one to another and then it gets limited. Then the one that sent it to the limited had something in the Resolution center that said take care of problem with other account and had the email but that step was completed. This was using seperate users and everything different. But maybe yours was because same or similar name & address.

NZT 01-05-2010 10:21 AM

If the amount you sent from Paypal to Paypal was quite large that is often enough for them to limit your account.

It seems that if you "sneeze" a little too loud you can be limited.

captainjack1980 01-05-2010 11:10 AM

I think using closed addresses is fine :) It has worked for me many times.

And I agree about using friends/family details - would be quite embarrassing to have a collections agency chasing them if you decide not to pay your fees.

CaptainJack

NZT 01-05-2010 02:10 PM

yeah closed addresses or po box with the address tweaked so instead of saying:

Jonathon rogeremall
PO Box 6745
Husps
Dreadnoughts
DR45 4FG

If it says

Jonathon rogeremall
Main office care of 6745
Husps
Dreadnoughts
DR45 4FG

has a better chance of survival. (nb use a piece of test mail first)

I also keep on good terms with the post office staff and at Xmas they had a collection bucket for them. I waited until they were all at the front desk then i threw a load of change in the bucket, it made a hell of a noise. Now they all like me so hopefully however i tweak the po box address i will get the mail.

I suppose its worth it for £60 a year.

Enigma 01-05-2010 07:57 PM

This happened to me to, and when I paid the account off, I got my current account reinstated, then closed 2 days later with the 180 wait period LOL!

NZT 03-04-2010 05:34 AM

I got the RXI111 message again with approx £500 in the account. Will this become available after 180 days to withdraw or will I have to complete steps or contact them telling them that I refuse to play to this tune?

GreenBean 03-04-2010 05:40 AM

It's the new way. You need to respond to them with whatever you decide

NZT 03-04-2010 09:41 AM

Is there another thread about this? So I just email them and tell them I am unable or unwilling to provide address information and supplier invoices?

Will that cut it or if there a specific response to get the desired result?