Buyer threatens me papal. What should I do? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 01-19-2010
MU

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 92%
Default Buyer threatens me papal. What should I do?

I'm a little late sending out a item. Buyer already talking about papal dispute if not received in 3 days and neg feedback.

I told him I don't have no money in papal so go ahead and that net feedback won't hurt me.

I was going to ship the item tonight but I'm scared this person will still file dispute or charheback just to be a ahole.

I don't think I'm covered by paypql for protection since its been 7 days and no shipment.

Should I still ship the item? Will I be protected by papal even tho I ship product after 7 days. I'm using a throwaway papal account.

I think he ia going to try and get free item
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-19-2010

Longevity: 91%

You received the money, you need to ship the item out, even if it has been 7 days. Just remember to get signature confirmation and you will have tracking and be covered. Don't "assume" what buyer would do ... You do your part.
Old 01-19-2010

Longevity: 84%

Yeah, if buyer paid for item then ship it to him. If you get bad feedback, then you get bad feedback but you mention that doesnt matter. Taking 7+ days to ship out if that is not what your listing says will get bad feedback usually anyways.

Do signature confirmation as Lyda suggested and use a carrier that has good tracking and you'll probably be ok. I've recently had a few "item never received" paypal disputes but since I had UPS tracking - I won those disputes.

I've had my share of prick buyers but I still try to give the appearance of kissing their azz as best I can even if I dont want to.
Old 01-19-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

If it's a papal dispute start praying and quickly

since it's paypal, follow the advice of Lyda & EmptyPockets
Old 01-19-2010
MU
Threadstarter  

What I'm saying is that I don't want to get scammed. Do I or do I not have a chance of winning a item not revive or item not as described dispute since I shipped the item out after 7 days. Papal says item not shipped within 7 days not covered under seller protecrion.

I'm thinking I might just refund the customer .

only reason took so long to ship is because ihe gave me incorrect addy at first.
Old 01-19-2010

I'll be honest with you... you don't seem right. First you don't ship, than the buyer changed addy on you, and all the time you worry about you getting scammed...and we are to believe anything you throw at us?
Yes, refund the customer. I don't think he/she is getting what they paid for.
Old 01-19-2010
MU

Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

You're just assuming someone will steal your money. This makes me think that's would you would do in his situation.

You should have shipped your items the second your customer paid for it. Why are you waiting three days to ship? This is 2010.... eBay doesn't work like that any more. 7 days, you still haven't shipped, and you're worried about if YOU are protected? YOU HAVEN'T SHIPPED HIM ANYTHING YET!!!!

Next time, be polite, ship your items promptly. If you shipped it day one, you would've avoided this.

Yes, refund your customer. I'd also seriously think of another line of work if this is how you do business.
Old 01-20-2010
MU
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyda View Post
I'll be honest with you... you don't seem right. First you don't ship, than the buyer changed addy on you, and all the time you worry about you getting scammed...and we are to believe anything you throw at us?
Yes, refund the customer. I don't think he/she is getting what they paid for.

Why and the heck are you trying to play detective here. its none of your business, just answer the question if you want to help..

All of you above being judgmental need to learn how to read and comprehend. Sometimes stuff happen. There was a reason why I didnt ship in 7 days, and Im not a avid ebay saler. i make $250k per year gross NOT doing ebay. I was just selling some goods around the house

Point is, package not shipped in 7 days, afraid if i ship the product, once buyer receives buyer will try to scam me and file a chargeback dispute knowing he have chance of winning

And yes, that is the way I would think and do. I would file a dispute if I was the other persona and try to get the item for free. Im not mad at him, Imjust trying to avoid it from happening on my end..

Thanks to Ebay sellers, I furnished my sports bar..LOL

Last edited by imthatguy; 01-20-2010 at 03:33 AM.
Old 01-20-2010
MU

Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

If someone bought a beer from you, paid up front, and you took 7 hours to serve it, what would you expect they do?
Old 01-20-2010

Well, the customer can say they ordered scotch - not beer, so he may want to scam the bartender and ask for his money back. The problem is, the bartender already spent it on something else and wouldn't have for beer, never mind the cost of scotch. The question is, how do you deal with "customers-scammers" like this and stay in business?
Old 01-20-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

If I ordered a scotch, then waited parched for 7 hours and then got a beer I would probably submit a papal claim and insist on talking to the highest authorities within the vatican.
Old 01-20-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by imthatguy View Post
I'm a little late sending out a item. Buyer already talking about papal dispute if not received in 3 days and neg feedback.

I told him I don't have no money in papal so go ahead and that net feedback won't hurt me.

I was going to ship the item tonight but I'm scared this person will still file dispute or charheback just to be a ahole.

I don't think I'm covered by paypql for protection since its been 7 days and no shipment.

Should I still ship the item? Will I be protected by papal even tho I ship product after 7 days. I'm using a throwaway papal account.

I think he ia going to try and get free item

I think it will be a justified Negative that you will receive.
You didn't send out the item at all. Why were you Late? Why didn't you notified the buyer that you were late? Communication is the Key.
The Buyer requested for you to send the item so they will get it in three days and you declined and taunted the buyer to go ahead and leave you Negative. You could avoided that by just shipping it Express or Priority Mail.

If I was the buyer then I would feel that I was being scammed from the seller and would demand my item or Full Refund. I had my fair shares of Good Sellers Gone Bad that never sent the item which resulted in disputes.

I say Don't ship the item now and just refund the Money.
Or Keep the money wait for the dispute... Lose... and Get a Negative. Your Choice now.

He won't get a Free item if you don't ship it.

BooMer
Old 01-21-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 99%

We all make mistakes. Dont sweat it. You will know next time. One Yager Bomb please!
Old 01-21-2010
Executive [VIP]

Yes I wouldnt sweat it. While any negative comments are not good, if it is a sole negative around a sea of positive it makes no difference really.

The main thing to do is counteract any negative with a positive reply follow up.

Something professional will do, but dont fib and the buyer can also follow up on your comment.
Old 01-21-2010

Longevity: 85%

Judging by the OPs attitude to buyers and CS it won't be the last.

CaptainJack
Old 01-21-2010
MU
Threadstarter  

Well the buyer filed a paypal disptue after I shipped the items.

1st of all reason why it took so long was because he gave me the inccorrect address at forst so the package was returned to me and I reshipped it for free.

How do i add shipping info or comments int he dispute?
Old 01-21-2010

Longevity: 95%

Sounds like the buyer was a scammer all along given a fale address so they can buy time to file a item not recivied dispute. Hopefully u got tracking or you will be screwed. I had a loser newbie a** buyer leave me a neg cause i sold a item sat night and then yestarday they left a negative cause i didnt ship it fast enough and let me remind u post offices was closed monday so it was tuesday before i could ship and not i got this negative from this loser hurting my other sales. I contacted ebay about it but as always they will bend over backwards to help this idiot buyers but dont give to craps. about the sellers.

But its ok cause my next stelth account is going to be there name and address with a VPN in PA :D
Old 01-21-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 99%

Dont ship. Have him fix his address first. Refund...then have him rebuy it with the correct information.
Old 01-22-2010
MU
Threadstarter  

I sonn as Io told him I shipped it, then i got a paypal dispute. My friend shipped it for me, but only got delivery confirmation.

I swear if this person is successful in scamming me, Im on a roundtrip to houston texas
Old 01-23-2010
Executive [VIP]

I can understand your anger, we all get this with buyers that do this kind of thing. The best thing to do is to include all of the information when adding detail to Paypal.

Once decided you still have the chance of appeal if the case goes against you.
Old 01-23-2010

Longevity: 82%

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboykilla View Post

But its ok cause my next stelth account is going to be there name and address with a VPN in PA :D

lol .. bad karma comes back to haunt everyone in the end !!
Old 01-23-2010
MU

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesb View Post
lol .. bad karma comes back to haunt everyone in the end !!
No.... it doesn't.