How long should I wait before selling on ebay? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 01-26-2010
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 88%
Default How long should I wait before selling on ebay?

I plan on getting 150 pcs of a specific item. I have 8 ebay accounts but there might be a problem since each pc of the item is worth $175. These 8 ebay and paypal accounts are over 1 month old. I have 6 more ebay and paypal accounts but they are only 5 -7 days old. Do you suggest I should list on the 5-7 days old ebay accounts. Also how many listings do you think I should list on each ebay account, please keep in mind that I do not want to get limited by paypal.

”I am an optimist. It does not seem too much use being anything else.”
Winston Churchill

“If you’re going through hell, keep going.”
Winston Churchill
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-26-2010
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 91%

Looks like you are all set to start selling. It all depends on the item and what are the feedback scores on the 8 1+ month old accounts. You might get hit with a selling limit, esp. if its a Vero item. It's hard to say without knowing what your selling. If you do have a selling limit, you'll have to sell 4 per account in a 30 day period. So you'll be able to move 32 items a month.

But that all depends on your feedback score and if you list BIN.

Whatever you do, just make sure your plan is well thought out and dont get greedy. If you need help or want details, pm me. Good Luck.
Old 01-26-2010

Longevity: 82%

how did you open 8 ebay accounts?? do you change ip address all the time you log on to your ebay accounts? woww this is interesting.
Old 01-26-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
how did you open 8 ebay accounts?? do you change ip address all the time you log on to your ebay accounts? woww this is interesting.
I have dsl, I change the ip with the click of a button online. It takes literally 10 seconds.

Winston Churchill

Winston Churchill
Old 01-26-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aking View Post
Looks like you are all set to start selling. It all depends on the item and what are the feedback scores on the 8 1+ month old accounts. You might get hit with a selling limit, esp. if its a Vero item. It's hard to say without knowing what your selling. If you do have a selling limit, you'll have to sell 4 per account in a 30 day period. So you'll be able to move 32 items a month.

But that all depends on your feedback score and if you list BIN.

Whatever you do, just make sure your plan is well thought out and dont get greedy. If you need help or want details, pm me. Good Luck.
These accounts do not have any feedback at all. I am going to do all these items on auction. There items are sort of vero items but they barely remove any auctions. They remove them maybe 2-3 times a month. I am going to start the item of as a $.99 cent auction. There is no selling limit for the item I am selling. The item I am selling is music cd's. Yes..you are right. I am going to have to get different opinions and give some thought before starting my wave of auctions.

Winston Churchill

Winston Churchill
Old 01-27-2010

Great! I have dsl too - i have two ebay accounts so far and i do the same thing as you do, i switch off then put it back on, i get new ip address...but my question is every time you log on to your ebay accounts you will be using different ip address so would that be a problem?? Also i read from somewhere if you log on to your paypal account with different ip addresses then you could be limited?? so far i have not experienced any problem but i have only been using these accounts for 2 months so anything could happen.

With my DLS i think i only get like 4-5 different ip addresses each time i change... i have not given much attention, i may be wrong but do you get new ip address all the time??

May be i should note down ip addresses to see exactly if i am getting 5 ip address or new ip addresses all the time, because sometimes, i feel the IP looks familiar.

Thank you
Old 01-27-2010

Longevity: 85%

Changing IP is not a problem for Ebay or PayPal (lots of us use dynamically assigned IPs that change everytime we connect).

Sounds like you need to start keeping a record of your IP address every time you change it, for each account. Otherwise you could end up inadvertently linking your accounts.

It is usually only the last 2 parts of the IP range that changes anyway.

CaptainJack

Last edited by captainjack1980; 01-27-2010 at 12:00 PM.
Old 01-27-2010

whats a dsl?
Old 01-27-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Lol...good thing we moved this to the subscribers section. All these newbs (no offence) were posting random question on this thread.

Winston Churchill

Winston Churchill
Old 01-27-2010

I have heard that if you have a different IP address everytime it may lead to limitation. Either way, I just change the IP Address and sell from it, if it gets popped or limited i just switch it and start over. There is no reason to have to switch it everytime if you are careful
Old 01-27-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigilantex69 View Post
I have heard that if you have a different IP address everytime it may lead to limitation. Either way, I just change the IP Address and sell from it, if it gets popped or limited i just switch it and start over. There is no reason to have to switch it everytime if you are careful
Thats when you know you have to be creative, when your paypal account is limited.

Winston Churchill

Winston Churchill