eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   Competitor trouble with my own ebay photos (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/16171-competitor-trouble-my-own-ebay-photos.html)

ebay got me again 01-27-2010 08:22 PM

Competitor trouble with my own ebay photos

I have a listing on Ebay which by the way I took all my own photos, and next thing you know I see the same item with my photo I took and is currently on my listing. Now the catch is it VERO so what should I do? Im thinking this could get us both busted maybe im wrong.
A. report him but im selling Vero so that means i might go down to,
B.Just report him outright not mentioning he stole my pics at all.
C. Do nothing and just fugett aboutit
D. send him an email telling him where to go.
E. Any other Suggestions.

GreenBean 01-27-2010 08:29 PM

I'm going to pick E.

Ask yourself what is the potential danger to you from this competitor?

Why are your photos picked? Is it the absolute beauty of your work or is there a nastier motive? Check out the seller. Listen to your own feelings.
May the Force be with you :peace:

ebay got me again 01-27-2010 08:32 PM

I guess im just mostly concerned that if this guy is a bad seed and gets busted, ie shutdown they'll see these pics thinking that its his acc also and shut it down too, I hope im wrong

BooMer 01-27-2010 10:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I would chose the other half of "C" fugett aboutit. But DO do something aboutit such as tag all your photos that you take with you user ID. Make sure you put it in the middle or all over the picture so they can not edit it out. That way no-one else can use it but you. Other sellers will think twice about using your photos or just bypass it all-together.

Example Below in attachment.

jtaverner76 01-28-2010 07:55 PM

From the auction page >> Report Item >> Copying of your listing >> Report your picture or description was copied or linked without permission.

Ebay staff looks at this and has nothing to do with VeRO. I do this lots with copy cats of my auction with good and usually pretty quick response. They take down the listing of the copier.

EmptyPockets 01-29-2010 10:21 PM

You always have the potential to draw attention to yourself if you make some waves. Weigh the +'s and -'s but I would do as someone suggested and watermark your images with your ID. he sure wouldnt want to steal them.

I've had it happen to me also, reported them as described above and not a single thing happened to them.

vetus 01-30-2010 12:53 AM

You have to watermark pics or they wont do anything at all and never report anyone from your main selling accounts, just use an old crappy stealth one not linked if u really have to report someone.

First Edition 02-01-2010 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trotter (Post 122551)
You have to watermark pics or they wont do anything at all and never report anyone from your main selling accounts, just use an old crappy stealth one not linked if u really have to report someone.

I watermark all of my photos. If you don't have some kind of trademark, really anyone can do anything, legally.