Will an ebay or Paypal account be suspended? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 02-14-2010
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Default Will an ebay or Paypal account be suspended?

Hi guys,

I would like your thought on this.

I have carefully nurtured an ebay account that is now 8 months old and has 50 feedback.

The DSR's are all 4.9 and all of the feedback is positive.

Now If I start selling with this account approx 50-100 items per month is it possible to experience problems or issues with ebay or Paypal assuming the DSR's continue to stay high with no negative or neutral feedback?

The reason I ask is that I have several stealth ebay and PP account but I only like to use one at a time. I would rather not use several, I put all my effort into selling with one account.

I am selling no vero and do not intend to. I also have had no policy violations and do not forsee any.

I guess the days where I used to juggle several ebay and PP accounts are in the past and all I want to do is professionaly sell with this account if possible.

ALthough I do have backup accounts if things go wrong, I wanted to know what you think could go wrong.

If they do pull some silly stunt like "policy violation" or some other nonsense like that when my feedback is 100% positive with high DSR's then all I will do is not pay the ebay fee's and view the inconvenience as a severence.

Any views guys?

Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-14-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

The reason I ask this question is that they seem to be putting holds and stopping good sellers for all manner of ridiculous reasons and would like to know if this is a more common problem even for the most dedicated sellers.
Old 02-14-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

you should be getting way less holds with 50 feedback, vero stuff is more likely to get holds too...
If its high value stuff there could be a problems as you know, or if its classed as risky but otherwise it sounds ok to me...
Old 02-14-2010

Longevity: 88%

I mean either way, you are going to get limited at some point. I sold perfect for months with over 120 positive feedback and never had a dispute or poor rating. Then someone sent a payment for a DVD and it limited the entire account. Once you hit a certain amount of sales and withdrawls you will get limited. My advice is to keep selling what you can, but make sure to take that money out quickly because at some point you are going to get popped.
Old 02-14-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
Hi guys,
I would like your thought on this.
I have carefully nurtured an ebay account that is now 8 months old and has 50 feedback.
The DSR's are all 4.9 and all of the feedback is positive.
Now If I start selling with this account approx 50-100 items per month is it possible to experience problems or issues with ebay or Paypal assuming the DSR's continue to stay high with no negative or neutral feedback?
You may have problems and not because you do anything wrong but the buyer is the wild card. You can not assume everything will go smoothly which is sad. All you can do is attempt to keep problems at a minimum. 'Smooth operator' comes to mind.

Quote:
The reason I ask is that I have several stealth ebay and PP account but I only like to use one at a time. I would rather not use several, I put all my effort into selling with one account.
I am selling no vero and do not intend to. I also have had no policy violations and do not forsee any.
That's a good choice. At least you are reducing some potentially damaging stuff.

Quote:
I guess the days where I used to juggle several ebay and PP accounts are in the past and all I want to do is professionaly sell with this account if possible.
ALthough I do have backup accounts if things go wrong, I wanted to know what you think could go wrong.
If they do pull some silly stunt like "policy violation" or some other nonsense like that when my feedback is 100% positive with high DSR's then all I will do is not pay the ebay fee's and view the inconvenience as a severence.
Any views guys?
Thanks
The buyer is part of the answer: how they react and how you react to them.
You can't be saying ebay/paypal will do XZY. The buyer will cause the reaction.
You need to run paypal smoothly. Good quick transactions. great customer service. They play nasty, you play nasty
NZT (02-15-2010)
Old 02-15-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Is the strategy of using just 1 ebay and 1 PP account a sound strategy. With back up ebay and PP account ready to go if things get silly with daft violations etc?

Do you guys like to juggle and sell in several accounts?

I used to do this, but to be honest I like to keep it simple and just sell in one account at a time, this lets me put all my effort into it. I think when I sell in more than one account my service and commitment gets "watered down"

Although I can see the benefits of splitting up lots of items between several accounts I also have to remember to keep switching between user iDS, and of course the IP address will be the same when selling in all of these accounts and to keep changing it between logging into each account is both a pain, and will likely raise flags of its own.

Thats where my mind set is right now. Sell hard, fast and well and get good feedback ratings. If they stop my selling for some daft reason then they dont get their fees, quid pro quo. If they dont mess me about for no good reason then they get their fees, buyers are happy and I am happy.

What do you think, is this a fair way to play it?
Old 02-15-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Yep, why not? If you are happy selling that way, then that's what this is all about. You've found a way to beat ebay/paypal successfully. You can use your discovered expertise and have a good time.
Who knows what may happen later down the road? What matters is now.
NZT (02-15-2010)
Old 02-15-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Thanks Green.