eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   Shall I link ebay to Paypal to sell globally or avoid if possible? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/16858-shall-i-link-ebay-paypal-sell-globally-avoid-if-possible.html)

NZT 02-27-2010 08:10 AM

Shall I link ebay to Paypal to sell globally or avoid if possible?

Hi guys, I am currently selling on ebay and at this time am not being molested by them.

I have just received this message:

You cannot submit your listing due to the following problems

Attention Seller:

Thank you for choosing to sell on eBay.

To help protect both buyers and sellers, we may place limits on the way sellers can list certain items. You can only list this item using the site you registered on, and you can only post to that country.

We're sorry to disappoint you, but you'll need to go back and change the listing details.

To make the most of global trade on eBay, please make sure your PayPal account is verified and linked to your eBay account.

To find out how to do this, just click on the country you’re registered with:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now the issue I am currently considering is this. While everything is currently working ok I am reluctant to do anything to raise flags or potential issues.

I note I can still list certain items for my country only and not worldwide.

The last thing I want to do is link the paypal account if further scrutiny could cause problems I dont need such as the address on ebay and Paypal not matching up.

Should I link or stay away if possible.

Is it worth the risk? At the moment it is only a couple of items that are causing this message to appear. The only disadvantage is that with these items I cant send to outside of the UK = less bidders = lower end price.

Will linking the ebay and paypal account together in effect give the ebay account more credibility?

Your advice is appreciated.

NZT 02-28-2010 10:42 AM

I do suffer with "ebay paranoia" meaning I question everything I do with them and sometimes have a worry that I have inadvertently done something to raise flags.

I am still thinking about whether to link ebay to Paypal as the only current link is with the email address for payments received. I pay all fees for ebay with a credit card.

How does everyone else feel about this? Its just I do the minimum that I have to and hate raising flags even though I am doing nothing wrong and the reason I got the initial email (as above) was because I bought a load of Gillette gift packs to sell and the word "gillette" seems to be why I am being asked to link ebay and Paypal.

Am I concerned over nothing? should I just link up? The only issue would be different addresses in different areas.