eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   0 feedback buyer continues to bid my item (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/17244-0-feedback-buyer-continues-bid-my-item.html)

metroline 03-16-2010 04:59 AM

0 feedback buyer continues to bid my item

It has been two weeks that some 0 feedback buyers continue to bid on my auctions. They target certain brand auctions. If the auction ends like $100, they will use two id to bid it up to $450. It is just crazy. Of course, they will never pay for it. I will have to make claim after that and send out second chance offer.

It looks like they can easily make buyer ids with 0 cost. I continue to block their ids, they continue to make it. It is becoming annoying! Have you guys met this before? Is there any effective way against this? THANKS!

GreenBean 03-16-2010 05:06 AM

That sounds like a competitor doing it to cause trouble for you. Is that likely?

metroline 03-16-2010 05:36 AM

Sure, this is done by a competitor. I have difficulty to find that guy out. Then, what else I can do?

NZT 03-16-2010 05:49 AM

This can sometime be from someone you have had a problem or dispute with.

I sold an item to a buyer who had a problem with it, and he set up several ebay accounts to buy most of my items. I got my FVF's back and got his silly negative comments removed.

This was so bad that I ended up not selling on this account for 6 months, and the buyer got bored with the activity.

metroline 03-16-2010 06:05 AM

I do have many accounts, but I cannot quit selling this brand product as it contributes one third of my profit. The problem is that he will recognize me even if I change my account.

I think about ending my listing a little bit earlier as he always bid in the last minute. I also think of add a buy-it-now price to the auction. Another idea is to add paypal requirement to all my buyers. I just wonder if there is a better and easier way to handle this.

ptenchick 03-16-2010 07:32 AM

The only thing to do is to block that bidder.

"If you don't want to sell to certain members, you can put their user IDs on your blocked list. Members on the list can’t bid on any of your listings until you remove them from the list. You can block up to 5,000 user IDs."

metroline 03-16-2010 10:55 AM

I know. but they make up new id all the time with ease and cost nothing.

jbluntz 03-16-2010 11:03 AM

I'm sorry it was me, I had too much to drink that night and it won't happen again.

metroline 03-16-2010 11:25 AM

How can you bid when drinking? I will have to issue you a ticket of $1000.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbuntz (Post 128842)
I'm sorry it was me, I had too much to drink that night and it won't happen again.

ptenchick 03-16-2010 12:27 PM

Are they new? Do they have a PayPal account?
Try to turn on the option in the 'bidder blocking' features' that blocks buyers that don't have a PayPal account.
Nothing works? Switch to your another account, change the whole listing (your title, pics, shipping fees, description)...
I would like to know if we can use a software to block certain Ebay false bidders...based on their IPs?

metroline 03-17-2010 08:02 AM

I have just turned on the no-paypal blocking feature. Not sure if this works.

I think it is very easy to do this nasty thing at almost no cost. Just need a paypal account, and generate many ebay accounts linked to the same pp. All ebay accounts have same information. Once an ebay account gets two strikes, use another one to be the winner. In this case, it costs nothing to do this nasty thing.

What I can do is watching all the other IDs that selling the same brand product and find out who does this. I will send message to give the guy a warning.

But I hope there is an easier way. It should be such difficult to stop this .

metroline 03-23-2010 10:57 AM

No luck at all. It looks an organization or group instead of an individual is doing this. They cover all auctions of one brand. I have heard complains from at least three other sellers.

aking 03-23-2010 01:04 PM

You add buyer restrictions to your listings so that certain buyers, new members, buyers with an unpaid item strike, 0 feedback, etc. cannot buy your items. i do that and it works for me pretty good.

I still dont understand why people go so far out of their way to try to stop someone elses sale. The beauty about eBay is that EVERYONE can make money! There's gonna be competitors, get over it!

metroline 03-27-2010 10:46 AM

Ebay doesn't allow me to turn down 0 feedback buyer! So it is useless.

They continue to bid and bid. They bid wildy on over a dozen ebay ids. I don't think this is done by a competitor as this really takes time and efforts.

imjustme 03-27-2010 11:42 AM

Sounds like something I do to my competitors. I hate competition.

NZT 03-29-2010 04:18 AM

Or someone you have had a dispute with, and this is revenge.

Proper professional competitors would not go to these lengths.

First Edition 03-29-2010 10:09 AM

You can set rules for people with 0 feedback, or even one or two feedback from bidding or buying your items.

NZT 03-30-2010 09:54 AM

Yes you go to the ebay preferences and you can change your settings so that noone with 0 feedback can bid.

I never do this, but I think that this is worth it with your problem. That way they can register as many accounts as they like and I seriously doubt they would go to the trouble to get some feedback just to carry on messing you about.

Have a look in your ebay settings and make the change. If you have any problems let me know and I will show you how to do it.

This should sort your problem out.

imjustme 03-30-2010 10:22 AM

Why not make it 'BuyItNow' and require instant payment?

metroline 04-08-2010 10:48 PM

No. In my ebay setting, i can only forbid buyers with -1 or lower feedback!! That is really a problem.

Quote:

Originally Posted by First Edition (Post 130867)
You can set rules for people with 0 feedback, or even one or two feedback from bidding or buying your items.