eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   Questions eBay Will Ask You On A MC010. (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/17856-questions-ebay-will-ask-you-mc010.html)

Stream 04-16-2010 06:09 PM

Questions eBay Will Ask You On A MC010.

This thread will let you know about the questions that will be asked on a MC010

What is a MC010?
This is just another way for eBay to verified who you are.

I got hit with one for the first time. At first I thought I could not call eBay because I had an account open up in a females name and I'm a male. Just wouldn't looked right. So I had a female friend do it for me on speaker phone so I know what to look fwd to next time.

When you call eBay make sure you call from the number or the same area code that's on your eBay account. do not use a number that's been suspended. Or you will get linked.

This is how it went down.
My female friend called eBay and told them that they are getting a message where its telling me to call eBay to get verified. The rep new what she was talking about of the rip. The rep said, yes I can help you there, We just have some quick questions to ask you. First we need to know your eBay user name and your first and last name with your address. female friend gave the info the rep said OK good. Rep said we have 2 more questions that are random picked, These questions are Multiple choice, I read the question to you with the choices and you just pick a,b,c,d

These question are a lil like when you use your SN or even open up a bank.

The questions was like this for example

Witch of these area codes have you lived at?
a, 586
b, 374
c, 485
d, non of the above.

Witch of these zip codes is the last place you lived at
a, 37485
b, 48573
c, 48573
d, non of the above.

All of the questions they asked me was non of the above. I was also wondering how would they even know? I never gave them my SN so these can't be any other way. I bet it will be non of the above most of the time.
Unless its a question about your account or on your account.

this is just something to let you know what to look for when you get hit with the MC0101

If you have any other questions or know of any other questions hat you been asked please leave them on this thread.

cardfelon 04-16-2010 06:22 PM

Although I have never had to call in yet on any of my accounts I remember somebody mentioning in a previous thread that when they called in the answers to both questions also were none of the above.

PatricioNut 04-16-2010 06:32 PM

I was aked questions and they were not none of the above. They asked what association I belonged to (I live in townhome and my association was one of the choices), They asked what street I grew up on, and my street was a choice.

lakeman 04-16-2010 06:39 PM

If the account was made with real info, then most of time it will not be "none of the above".

If it's stealth info, then yes of course it will be "none of the above"..

FattyM 04-16-2010 07:14 PM

Just put the info you used to make the account through Google and that will give you some of the public information they use to create the questions. The easiest ones to answer are the area code questions. The rest just answer none of the above. I have taken those 2 times online and it seems as long as you answer one correct and the rest none of the above, you pass.

Stream 04-17-2010 06:21 PM

Search Google? Why would someone do this on a stealth account? You will be searching for no one.

@lakeman Thank you for clearing it up.

On a stealth account like I said before would be "non of the above" unless its a question about something that's on your account. If they even would ask a question like this.

EbayHustle 04-17-2010 09:10 PM

Hopefully they aren't watching this thread.... I have also passed the questions a month ago or so by answering none of the above....

arsgunner77 04-29-2010 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alchype (Post 135644)
I just called eBay today, this eBay representative she was real nice with me anyway she asked me for my name, address, and phone number, I got them all correct (im using ⊗⊗⊗⊗ info btw) then like holyhell wrote, i was asked 2 questions: 1) where did you previously live? and 2) whats the name of your favorite pet and i said none of the above to both questions and now im good to go :thumb:
Thanks Holyhell :hs:

i finally got hit with this phone verify stuff,she said she couldnt ask me questions..she was doing it saying it was loading than said we need your id and utility bill,i used a real last name of someone i know who lives in the same city,theres 893289 of this last name and they still couldnt come up with questions..i was like wtf

has anyone just faxed over stealth id and bill? im working on them now and will fax within 48 hours but want to see if anyone passed this

Quote:

I have 2 eBay joined accts linked to my Paypal with 100+ & 100%positive. Had a few Paypal refunds and when Paypal requested info I was given the choice of providing SSN or info to verify that I had a SSN. I gave them ⊗⊗⊗⊗ driver's license, real utility bill (name changed on the acct) and real bank acct info. It took them 48hrs to tell me that we were parting ways. They also said 180 days before I would get my money! It's already been 60 days since the acct was used.

Anyway, the drivers license looked pretty good but I think that they did more that just a cursory glance. I'd be careful giving them a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ id. Just FYI and good luck:)
whats weird is ive now had this verify stuff 3 times..2 times from accounts i bought here,my account got limited the very first minute i logged in,called in and they said fax stuff over,no mention of answering questions,and than on an account i made myself back in jan,i finally got hit with this,the lady was like "hold on,im going to ask you a couple questions" than she said " looks like your going to have to fax your info in"..i wonder how everyone else is getting this phone verify stuff and i cant get it,i use real last names of people i know,so i can answer questions just in case and still nothing,i doubt many here are using real last names on stealth accounts,so i wonder if its maybe location of the accounts or what.i have no idea,but ive never been asking questions, i know no one has an answer to this as i dont believe most stuff people say here. Just letting you know from my experience,

Stream 05-13-2010 07:23 AM

@arsgunner77

Sorry for the late respond. On the account where you got hit with the MC010 was it an account where you had to change the name on it? This could be why you had to fax in your info. Also it could be the type of items your selling. Really there is all kinds of answers to this. Could be because you was randomly picked.

I see you keep saying that your used someone real last name so you will know the info when they ask you? Do you know how many people got the same names? First and last name that are the same? It dose not matter what name you use. Even if you are using your real name they can't ask you questions that are really true. The only way they can do this if you gave them your SSN.

alphaversa 05-13-2010 12:25 PM

I fax in documents all the time to eBay and they clear it like every time. The process is a major pain in the butt and a lot of people don't have the capability of manipulating a document to pass eBay's request. I'm sure it helps eBay keep a lot of stealth accounts off.

incniu 05-13-2010 03:58 PM

Do you need to use the phone number associated with Ebay to call? or any phone to call is OK? Thanks

First Edition 05-13-2010 06:19 PM

dial *67, they can see the caller ID. If you dial *67, then the phone number, they can't see your number

lorddamax 05-14-2010 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardfelon (Post 133590)
Although I have never had to call in yet on any of my accounts I remember somebody mentioning in a previous thread that when they called in the answers to both questions also were none of the above.

Happened to me as well. It wasnt a true stealth account, just a totally fictional name, using my work address. None of the above cleared it up.

Stream 05-15-2010 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by First Edition (Post 138399)
dial *67, they can see the caller ID. If you dial *67, then the phone number, they can't see your number

I disagree with this comment. Don't call eBay thinking you can block your number by pushing *67. I will guarantee you that this will not work.

PS. I know how to unblock callers so I'm sure eBay dose as well.

incniu 05-15-2010 08:44 AM

My ebay account was blocked after calling with skype. The ebay CSR said everything is fine. why?

oge 05-15-2010 10:21 AM

When you called PayPal was the number you was calling from listed on your PayPal account? Usually with Skype when you call PayPal it doesn't recognize your number it just recognize that you are calling from skype.

chopperstyle 05-17-2010 07:22 PM

ok. I got hit with the MC010 today on a new account. Two weeks old. I called in and the rep asked my name, address and DOB. Then she said I would get an email with further instructions. The email asked for a document signed by me saying I agreed to the terms, my ID and proof of address. This is a made of stealth account so I sent them some special documents. I will let everyone know how it goes but I think if all they ask for is these docs we should be ok. I got docs from all 50 states!!

Stream 05-17-2010 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chopperstyle (Post 139084)
ok. I got hit with the MC010 today on a new account. Two weeks old. I called in and the rep asked my name, address and DOB. Then she said I would get an email with further instructions. The email asked for a document signed by me saying I agreed to the terms, my ID and proof of address. This is a made of stealth account so I sent them some photoshop stealth documents. I will let everyone know how it goes but I think if all they ask for is these docs we should be ok. I got docs from all 50 states!!

After you get this done you will then have super stealth account!

Let us know what happens

chopperstyle 05-19-2010 04:35 PM

I Struck Out. Account Suspended.

I dont know what I did wrong but the account just got suspended. I faxed in some great stealth docs but I guess they weren't good enough for the eBay Goons. Here is the response I just got
__________________________________________________ _________________
Dear *removed*,

Thank you for faxing us the information we had requested. I've reviewed
your account suspension and the information that you provided. I'm
sorry to say that based on the information we currently have, I am not
able to reopen your account. Allow me to further explain, as stated in
the User Agreement, a member may not: Post false, inaccurate,
misleading, defamatory, or libelous content (including personal
information).

__________________________________________________ _______________

According to this email they must have knew my documents were bogus. Oh well, on to the next one.

I created a paypal account along with this ebay account. The paypal account is credit card and bank verified. Do I have to trash this PayPal account too?

lorddamax 05-19-2010 06:42 PM

Can you show us what you used? And the source for it? I'm pretty sure they are used to seeing ⊗⊗⊗⊗ docs, and have seen yours before...

Quote:

Originally Posted by chopperstyle (Post 139536)
I dont know what I did wrong but the account just got suspended. I faxed in some great stealth docs but I guess they weren't good enough for the eBay Goons. Here is the response I just got
__________________________________________________ _________________
Dear *removed*,

Thank you for faxing us the information we had requested. I've reviewed
your account suspension and the information that you provided. I'm
sorry to say that based on the information we currently have, I am not
able to reopen your account. Allow me to further explain, as stated in
the User Agreement, a member may not: Post false, inaccurate,
misleading, defamatory, or libelous content (including personal
information).

__________________________________________________ _______________

According to this email they must have knew my documents were bogus. Oh well, on to the next one.

I created a paypal account along with this ebay account. The paypal account is credit card and bank verified. Do I have to trash this PayPal account too?

chopperstyle 05-19-2010 07:02 PM

I sent them a GAS bill that was my own real gas bill. I just changed the name and address in a PDF editor. And I send them a copy of a drivers license. I used one of the photoshop ID templates from the ID Kit floating around on the internet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lorddamax (Post 139560)
Can you show us what you used? And the source for it? I'm pretty sure they are used to seeing ⊗⊗⊗⊗ docs, and have seen yours before...

lorddamax 05-20-2010 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chopperstyle (Post 139564)
I sent them a GAS bill that was my own real gas bill. I just changed the name and address in a PDF editor. And I send them a copy of a drivers license. I used one of the photoshop ID templates from the ID Kit floating around on the internet.

They may have ran the DL# and saw it didnt match the name, or for some licenses there are little codes in there... I forget exactly, but when I lived in NJ, your DOB was in your DL#, and something else - they may have looked for that. I'd absolutely say they saw the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ for what it was given the message you received.