New accounts & worries - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 06-06-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 80%
Default New accounts & worries

Bought the book, bought three routers, 4 different dongles from 4 different networks, 2 new netbooks, 4 pre paid cards, 2 new bank accounts - this getting back on Ebay is a costly experience. However I'm beginning to wonder whether I've just wasted money and time and effort as it appears to me that either Ebay have their spies listed on this forum and know just what we are all up to and are taking steps to beat us at our own game - or maybe Ebay really dont want individual sellers anymore, and want to concentrate on big name outlets selling with them. My son opened up an Ebay account last week along with a Paypal account and did it all the right way round, (verified and all that jazz) he doesnt live anywhere near us and seemed to be okay - (he has never had an account before) yet yesterday he was hit with a MC010 notice and he's only listed one secondhand item for 99p!!

I asked him if he had ever accessed my account from his home address (he had as I bought him a car) and I said that was probably enough to get him kicked off - am I right in that assumption or am I just getting paranoid?
(His girlfriend does have an Ebay account that she uses very rarely, different surname and different browser - she uses IE on her laptop, my son uses Mozilla on his)

Another friend of mine has had an Ebay account for just under 5years with 100% feedback and just slightly not perfect DSR listings (but still good) and for the first time ever has started to get emails from Ebay and cancelled listings - so do Ebay think shes had an account for too long and want shot of her as well?

I've decided to try and open just two accounts that I will use ( and I am following the book religiously)- one for selling - one for buying, and maybe a couple of "sleepers", but if I get chucked off again then some lucky people will be getting dongles and netbooks for their Christmas Presents, as life really is too short and I will just list on ebid - in the end if there are enough dissatisfied Ebayers then maybe we could make ebid a rather more profitable place for everyone concerned, after all them feckers at Ebay started off small, and the people who helped get them at the top of their league are the ones they are trying to get rid of !
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-06-2010

Longevity: 84%

No ebay doesn't want us gone that's where most of their money comes from, they just want the more skilled advanced stealth users in there, same with paypal, they just don't care much for amateurs, not to say you're an amateur but time, experience and patience is what you need.
Old 06-06-2010
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

I believe you are at least half right about that. I think they prefer to have less sellers competing and driving prices down. The higher the sell price, the higher their FVF. Among other subtleties...
Old 06-06-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

I think its a compliance thing, you know how if asked by whoever, how are you regulating high risk sellers etc, they can say we suspend this amount of people for xyz, well they will suspend the obvious mistakes in their book.
Old 06-06-2010
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 80%

Thanks for your responses - I'll work harder to become more professional :-)
Old 06-06-2010

Longevity: 84%

That's it, statistical analysis, that's what it it all comes down to, if your a top rated seller with thousands of feedback selling high quality replicas, you've got it going on just like the authorized dealers do.
Old 06-07-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdarethey View Post
Bought the book, bought three routers, 4 different dongles from 4 different networks, 2 new netbooks, 4 pre paid cards, 2 new bank accounts - this getting back on Ebay is a costly experience.
You're over-killing it. All you need is 1 computer, 1 internet connection, 1 router and multiple Windows user accounts. Use a different Windows user account for every eBay account and restart the router to change the IP address every time you switch accounts.

Quote:
However I'm beginning to wonder whether I've just wasted money and time and effort as it appears to me that either Ebay have their spies listed on this forum and know just what we are all up to and are taking steps to beat us at our own game - or maybe Ebay really dont want individual sellers anymore, and want to concentrate on big name outlets selling with them.
Yep, you certainly have wasted money.

Quote:
My son opened up an Ebay account last week along with a Paypal account and did it all the right way round, (verified and all that jazz) he doesnt live anywhere near us and seemed to be okay - (he has never had an account before) yet yesterday he was hit with a MC010 notice and he's only listed one secondhand item for 99p!!
That was probably why he was killed. Starting with a 99 cents listing is never a good idea.

Quote:
I asked him if he had ever accessed my account from his home address (he had as I bought him a car) and I said that was probably enough to get him kicked off - am I right in that assumption or am I just getting paranoid?
(His girlfriend does have an Ebay account that she uses very rarely, different surname and different browser - she uses IE on her laptop, my son uses Mozilla on his)
See above.

Quote:
Another friend of mine has had an Ebay account for just under 5years with 100% feedback and just slightly not perfect DSR listings (but still good) and for the first time ever has started to get emails from Ebay and cancelled listings - so do Ebay think shes had an account for too long and want shot of her as well?
Depends what the listings were canceled for. Not enough information to help you on that.

Quote:
I've decided to try and open just two accounts that I will use ( and I am following the book religiously)- one for selling - one for buying, and maybe a couple of "sleepers", but if I get chucked off again then some lucky people will be getting dongles and netbooks for their Christmas Presents, as life really is too short and I will just list on ebid - in the end if there are enough dissatisfied Ebayers then maybe we could make ebid a rather more profitable place for everyone concerned, after all them feckers at Ebay started off small, and the people who helped get them at the top of their league are the ones they are trying to get rid of !
It took me nearly 3 years to find out how eBay really works. My first account was suspended because i sold eBooks and cooking recipes to bump my feedback to then sell Antiques. I thought the world was over and I was going to never make money on eBay again. Then I created new accounts, and started selling other items. Yes, "other items" meaning VERO items. The ones eBay hates the most. I've lost maybe 20 accounts and my worst PayPal limitation was nearly $10,000 held for 6 months. With every time I learned more, what to avoid, etc. Most of the tactics I use I never even saw mentioned on this forum, and I won't mention them because if I do, eBay will do something to counter them right away. You need to find out for yourself.
The Following User Says Thank You to imjustme For This Useful Post:
siccspitz (06-08-2010)
Old 06-07-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicvelcro View Post
I believe you are at least half right about that. I think they prefer to have less sellers competing and driving prices down. The higher the sell price, the higher their FVF. Among other subtleties...
That is a very good piece of advice. As an example, they are much more likely to take down an item if it's listed for $5 than if it's listed for $40. Especially if that's around its true value. The reason is because there is a greater risk. On one side that you won't be able to deliver them a $40 item sold for $5 because you'll lose money. Or the item is a counterfeit and that's why you're able to offer it at a lower price.
Old 06-08-2010

Longevity: 81%

im just me - i learned something from u and thankd u :P