eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Subscriber Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/)
-   -   Stealth Addresses (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscriber-discussions/19992-stealth-addresses.html)

sax4 06-30-2010 10:36 AM

Stealth Addresses

Ok, i'm just about to set up a couple of stealth accounts. One question, with regard to an address I have decided to use an address I have nothing to do with ie. mcdonalds. If I use an address that's not mine, if I get mail, won't they return it as 'not know at this address' then I get screwed?

Vicvelcro 06-30-2010 10:43 AM

Yes. In addition to that issue, the address you've chosen would easily be sussed as a business upon cursory investigation.

McDonalds address would be about as bad a choice as Walmart or City Hall.

sax4 06-30-2010 10:45 AM

I'm only going by what was said in the Stealth guide, so this is a bad idea?. Shall I use a neighbours address?

This is really important I have to set up these stealth accounts now, as i'm flying out of country tomorrow

Vicvelcro 06-30-2010 11:00 AM

It was not such a bad idea when the guide was released. Things change. That's why we have this forum.

It seems that PP is sometimes actually checking that addresses exist and what those addresses are, when the MC010 comes around. They aren't checking every single account. But they are beginning to check some of them.

aspkin 06-30-2010 11:01 AM

Use a real address as I mentioned to you in PM, either someone you know (who doesn't have an eBay / PayPal account) or a neighbors address.

rafc 07-02-2010 02:16 PM

I think of putting a friend / neighbor's address, but then I consider that they have been active on ebay (they all have ebay accounts, as do most people nowadays), so I would be linked.

My only option is to put a McDonalds and maybe claim I work there or something - somewhere which has a low chance of already being linked to some one - if they ask me ? Is a McDonalds really that unsafe ? I've delivered items to managers of shops before etc., their addresses were verified on paypal.

rafc

cardfelon 07-02-2010 05:18 PM

Why not just use a address that is real and then put in a mail forwarding slip in the stealth name so any mail that comes to the address you put on the stealth account will get forwarded to your real address. Granted that is not 100% complete stealth but you never really are since the bank account is in your name. The only way somebody could find out the mail was forwarding was if the piece of mail is stamped "Address correction requested".

teufle 07-05-2010 11:01 AM

As for ups stores & private mail boxs, they told me the mail must be delivered in my name after showing two forms of ID. Is there any way around this to utilize the option for stealth accounts?

healthnut88 07-05-2010 11:34 AM

Teufle,
Sometimes you can find "small" mom and pop mail shops that you can get without any hassle. Check your local yellow pages and look for some small, privately owned postal shops. (I found one that way on my 4th try). I told them it was for my ebay business and that I don't use my real name due to "crazy" customers. They said they will deliver my mail to the box NUMBER regardless of the name. No problems.

Here We Go Again 07-05-2010 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teufle (Post 149439)
As for ups stores & private mail boxs, they told me the mail must be delivered in my name after showing two forms of ID. Is there any way around this to utilize the option for stealth accounts?

I have my mail delivered to a PO Box using a Stealth Business Name
ALSO
I have packages delivered to a UPS Store Box using a different Stealth Business Name.

aspkin 07-05-2010 02:32 PM

You have to open a business UPS/PO Box account in order to accept packages in your business name. It's the same as a personal account, but it cost a little more.

Doubles 07-06-2010 08:03 PM

Some good points raised in this thread, i would have thought any business address would work, ebay and paypal cannot stop people ebaying during work, if they called mcdonalds and asked for your stealth name, all they would get would be a snotty teenager with attitude, even if they got a manager the manager would refuse to divulge information to them anyway, leaving them the only one option and that is to email you? I would say any corporate buildings would be ok because they have so many people working in them. All of which creates a cloud of confusion for the ebay paypal fascists to deal with.