How long before other account gets whacked? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 07-15-2010
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
Default How long before other account gets whacked?

I had a Buyers account suspended permanently. Did very little selling on this account and havent sold anything on it since january. This account got suspended a week ago.

Now, My main selling account with the same information on it is still up and running. When should i be expecting this to be taken down?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-15-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

A buyer account getting taken down - rare event. Your selling account could last sometimeif you keep fees in order and rep up. I don't really have much experience with this.

Even if linked via IP, a non-selling account getting suspended has less impact than seller account with numerous violations and such.
Old 07-15-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Ebay View Post

a Buyers account suspended permanently. ...This account got suspended a week ago.
For what? Did they give a reason?
Old 07-15-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

What i do is buy broken electronics on ebay, repair them then flip them.

Only problem with buying broken electronics is like 10% of the time they do not disclose everything that is wrong with it, they say it has one problem then once i get it it has 5 other problems, missing parts and broken shells.

So i file disputes against these people and my account got suspended for filing too many disputes. No warning.

I had another question, i have another account that i use for buying, would it be safe to continue buying with that account?
Old 07-15-2010
Executive [VIP]

Ah ok - other account should be good for buying but those disputes...yeah you know need to watch out on those.
Old 07-15-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Ah ok - other account should be good for buying but those disputes...yeah you know need to watch out on those.
Well one more thing i'd like to add, i use the same paypal account for all these accounts.

So i should still be fine buying on the other account with the same paypal?
Old 07-15-2010
Executive [VIP]

If your paypal is not limited, you might be ok. But, just from my own experience, you can expect to be hit with selling limitation for verification when you try to withdraw I wager.

I use the word "might" because I don't have much experience with buyer suspension - ebay is all about weeding out problematic sellers and protecting buyers so you can understand that this is really rare.
Old 07-15-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

ya its not limited, i actually withdrew everything i had in there besides $1000 once i got suspended and that money has already hit my bank! And i still havent been limited. Ive been using this paypal for about 2 years now and had over 300k in sales last year alone plus i buy everything using my paypal funds so verifying me would be kinda pointless for them at this point.

Plus i have run up my paypal buyer credit card to like $1200 so they might want to keep me around
Old 07-15-2010
Executive [VIP]

It may be ok, but I wouldn't risk using it for selling. Your got hammered for an unusually high amount of disputes. Thinking the paypal account will go unmolested may be hoping for too much. They are the same company after all...
Old 07-15-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pod View Post
It may be ok, but I wouldn't risk using it for selling. Your got hammered for an unusually high amount of disputes. Thinking the paypal account will go unmolested may be hoping for too much. They are the same company after all...
Well the disputes werent against me if that makes a difference.

I was the one filing the disputes against other sellers
Old 07-15-2010
Executive [VIP]

Ya, I know. Maybe overly paranoid, but I always feel if any account gets in trouble the rest sooner or later follow.
Old 07-15-2010

Longevity: 85%

Quote:
What i do is buy broken electronics on ebay, repair them then flip them.

Only problem with buying broken electronics is like 10% of the time they do not disclose everything that is wrong with it, they say it has one problem then once i get it it has 5 other problems, missing parts and broken shells.

So i file disputes against these people and my account got suspended for filing too many disputes. No warning.

I had another question, i have another account that i use for buying, would it be safe to continue buying with that account?
How many disputes are we talking about? I recently had to file 2 disputes back to back, because the items were damaged.
Old 07-15-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

i had 28 disputes for 350 transactions this year
Old 07-15-2010

Longevity: 85%

Quote:
Wow thats alot of disputes lol. Surprised you were able to do that many. :D
Old 07-15-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
ALL these people refused to work things out? Thats 8% total buys in disputes... How many did work things out that didn't need a dispute? What percentage of stuff are you not happy about?

Sounds like you are buying broken "as-is" stuff, fixing it and flipping it. Not a bad idea. I've done it many times for good profits... But are you maybe expecting too much? 300k in sales is nothing to sneeze at when buying "junk" - Are you basically filing a dispute when you discover you cant fix it and want to return item?

I know, its non of my business. It just seems awfully high, especially considering what you do. Please tell me you are not negging 10% of the sellers you buy from...
Old 07-15-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Nah i dont neg anyone, i buy so much stuff that i dont bother leaving feedback because quite frankly i dont have time to go back and leave feedback for every single transaction. I have 3 buying accounts to buy all my **** with because i take advantage of the 2% cash back ebay bucks program. The only problem is that they have a max of $500 earned in a 3 month period so i have a few accounts to get as much back on that as i can.

Some of those disputes were opened for not as receipt also. I get alot of packages with noones name on it thats associated with the ebay account or any information as to who it came from. So after about 30-40 days if something is not marked down as arrived i just open a dispute against them and if they provide a tracking number showing that it arrived then i cancel the dispute and move on.

The problem is i had 5 of those in the last 2-3 weeks and thats what i think put it over the top. It wasnt the best method to handle this but it was the method that required the least amount of time. Like i mentioned before, i run a 300K+ a year business and i am a one man show over here so time is very valuable. Lesson learned.

Ive never filed a dispute against someone just because i wasnt able to repair it. If i actually get the product i only file disputes against people that sell complete junk. Like stuff that has been gutted for parts and no mention of that stuff in the description.
Old 07-15-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

These accounts i have now are all in my wifes name, including the paypal. I had mine limited years ago for selling counterfeit stuff. Im just here now taking in information on how to open a new account on this same computer under my own name. My dad and i have the same name so he says i could use his SSN if it came down to it for paypal but im thinkin of just using paypal to gain like 30-50 feedback selling $3-$5 items then getting paymate afterwards with my real info and slowly start to bring in the big stuff.

Im just hoping my accounts now stay active long enough to where i can build up the new account to the point where i start bringing in $200-$300 items and i wont get suspended.
Old 07-15-2010
Executive [VIP]

So it just boils down to you being too busy. Not a bad place to be. Sounds like just finding some way to keep track of stuff that has arrived so you aren't making claims you don't need to. Any way to add a standard note on paypal payment in bold : INCLUDE AUCTION NUMBER or something along those lines?

If all those accounts are linked you may see them all go down soon
Old 07-15-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 88%

Haha, one of my friends used to buy broken items and repair it himself. He bought broken ipods on ebay and then resold them as like new...

On the other note, you'd be fine when using the same account to pay for items. Just change your paypal email and you are set to go to use it with your ebay account. As long as you are not selling items on ebay, there are less chances of you getting suspended. I use my main paypal account with my new ebay account since my old one got banned and it works like a charm. Just apply the same rules of eBay Stealth when creating a new ebay buyer account. Change your address up a little bit and it will work. I even used a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address before, then changed the shipping address when paying for an item.

Ebay buyer accounts are easy to make as long as you do not sell on them....

”I am an optimist. It does not seem too much use being anything else.”
Winston Churchill

“If you’re going through hell, keep going.”
Winston Churchill
Old 07-15-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning View Post
On the other note, you'd be fine when using the same account to pay for items. Just change your paypal email and you are set to go
Is this not an issue though?:

Quote:
My main selling account with the same information on it
Old 07-16-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 88%

Quote:
Originally Posted by pod View Post
Is this not an issue though?:
Nope, not with me. I have been using the same paypal ID with my new ebay buyer account. This was the same paypal account which was used with my old ebay account before it got suspended....

It's been more than a year and I have not had a single problem. Just remember to change the paypal email and you will be fine.

”I am an optimist. It does not seem too much use being anything else.”
Winston Churchill

“If you’re going through hell, keep going.”
Winston Churchill
Old 07-16-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning View Post
Nope, not with me. I have been using the same paypal ID with my new ebay buyer account. This was the same paypal account which was used with my old ebay account before it got suspended....

It's been more than a year and I have not had a single problem. Just remember to change the paypal email and you will be fine.

Well that would mean i would have to stop using it with my sellers account then also right?